You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Walking Man?

Real Ghost Stories

Walking Man?

 

I remember walking home from volleyball practice one time and when I got closer and closer to my house I noticed someone walking in the driveway and even saw him walk into my house! When I got home and went, I looked all over to see who came because I was also waiting for someone to come over that night and I thought it was him. I went into the kitchen where my grandma was and asked her "Hey who was that, that just came in before I did?" She said "Nobody came in before you. Why?" I looked at her funny and said "Are you sure because at the top of the hill I seen someone come in the house. He was walking from the end of the driveway." My grandma put down the pan she was cooking in and said "It was probably a ghost then because nobody came in before you." It shocked me.

I brushed it off then a few days later, like we always did, we were sitting outside while my grandma and aunt smoked and we were drinking tea. It was night time and we were just talking and laughing around, then all of a sudden we saw someone walk from our yard to the apartments in front of our house on the hill. My grandma said "Oh my god did you girls see that?" and I didn't see it at first but my aunt did. I looked up from my phone and said "What happen? Did we see what?" My aunt said "There was a shadowy man that just walked from the fence up to them apartments." I didn't believe her at first and said "Stop trying to scare me. I know you're just lying to me." Then a few moments later I seen it walk past the apartments. Then as it was coming back towards my driveway it slowly started to disappear. My grandma and aunt put their cigarettes out and walked in the house.

Soon after that happened I went inside as well. I was sitting on the couch with my grandma and we were watching a movie, then all of a sudden my baby cousin started crying saying "get away from me." My aunt looked at him and said "Who you telling to get away from you, there's nobody there." My cousin started yelling saying "the man, the man, the man, he won't go away and he's scaring me." We sat him on the couch with us and then he was alright for a little bit.

A few weeks later I was babysitting the youngest child in our household and at the time he was barely 5 months old. I layed him down in his bassinet and like 20-30 minutes later he started laughing and was staring in a certain direction. When I got up to see who was there, it was nobody. Then I sat back down and watched TV, then he started laughing again and when I got up he would stop. I finally just picked him up to come sit with me. A few minutes later I heard someone walk up the steps, I went to go see cause I thought I was home alone. I went to go see, and then AGAIN, I seen the man walk across the basement floor into my room! I didn't want to go down there because I was scared.

Later when everyone got home I told them about what happened. My uncle said "damn that's crazy, but I think it might be grandpa Raymond because he always stares at his hat in our room and just laughs. Don't be scared of it but don't welcome it either because it might not be him."

In a way I guess I felt relieved, it surely made me believe in ghost then cause before I never believed in them because I never saw or heard them. But now I know they are there.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, queen_evannxoxo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-13)
Hiqueen_evannxoxo, what was the age of your cousin who got scared by the spirit? And you could have asked any of your neighbours. Anyway, please do reply to the questions raised by us to comment further.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-11)
Queen_evannxoxo - thanks for sharing. I like your Uncle; he's got some sage advice right there! 😆

Regards

Mack
Goggzy (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-11)
I have a few questions aswell.

Did the man outside walk in the same direction when around your driveway?

Also is one kid seemed to laughs (when it was thought to be grandpa raymond) does the other kid tend to be scared just as often?

And finally how old is your house, did your grandpa stay there before you if so was your room his?

Without these answers it does seem to be atleast two spirits one which is residual (man walking up driveway) and atleast one intelligent (I believe it might be two as one kid is scared and the other laughs)
BloodEman (2 stories) (59 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-10)
Queen_evannxoxo

Your story is really interesting! And I do have some questions.

Did you see that man (or woman) clearly? If so can you discribe him/she?
Were there any special events relevant to the days that ghost appeared?

You have mentioned that firstly you saw the ghost after football practises. (night) And then he has appeared when you all were talking. (Again night...) Can you remember the time in those occasions?

Regards
BloodEman. 😊
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-09)
Queen_evannxoxo, interesting story. I do have a quick question. How old was your baby cousin who cried and said "get away from me"?

DandK
MaryLilac (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-09)
Great story, when did Grandpa pass and what kind of guy was he? Keep us posted as more appearances occur. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: