You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Shadow

 

Just thought that I would like to share my story, maybe some of you have had a similar experience or could even have some sort of theory.

First it happened when I was alone in the kitchen, a feeling of being uncomfortable and of being watched. I did not see or hear anything.

These feelings usually happened during the day or early evening.

It then progressed to seeing shadows, fleeting and seen only out of the corner of my eye along with a sense of something not right and of something not good. I felt scared and confused and really thought I was imagining it all.

However, in time I plucked up the courage and asked my husband if he ever experienced anything strange and to my surprise and shock he told me about his experiences which were exactly the same as mine, to the exact detail. All that I can explain it was that it was like a dark shadow, we could not see a specific shape, although it was large, with a very bad feeling.

The sightings have stopped now, can't really understand why it all happened. We live in a brand new house; mind you I still have a sense of dread at times and still feel uneasy in the downstairs area of the house. Have to say that at times, on separate occasions, my sister and 2 children experienced hearing strange noises, I made light of their comments, didn't want to scare them with my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zappafan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

way2thedawn (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
I think I know what your talking about, I've had several experiences like this. A huge black smokey mass... On 3 occasions I've seen this, 1 when I was 15 it sounded like it traveled from my neighbors house ran through their house into our bathroom screaming and shouting and making loud thudding footsteps then it rushed down the stairs. I think 1 time after that I had a similair experience where almost the exact same thing happened but I think I was so excited by the first appearance I wanted to see it again... So that second time might not have even happened. What was even more awsome was about a year later when I was on my way home from a friends at night at aout 1 in the morning I felt like I was being followed and whenever I looked behind me I swear I could see several black shadows, small like children hide behind walls and shubbery... So yeah it's a really interesting phenomenon for me it's been ages since I've seen another one, I think this entity just loses interest quickly prehaps they only stick around really interesting people I mean no offense but your just another married mother and I'm just another school kid. I suppose when you can see the entire world you wouldn't hang around average joes right?
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-02)
Sounds very much like someone was trying to materialize in your house but probably couldn't accumulate sufficient energy.

Since so many of you have seen and heard things out of the ordinary, it couldn't have been your imagination.

If things have stopped it's either because whoever was attempting communication has decided to move to another location or they simply keep "quiet" for the momment.

I wonder if things are still quiet though...
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
Zappafan excuse me:

Libertybell, I am going to budd in but thank you sooooo much for that info. You have no idea how much I have been looking for all these "names" to look for the history of my house. You can see my stories I have so much going on in my house. So thank you.

Now then zappa I know exactly what you are going through that is how I started. I actually saw the black shadow looking at me in my sleep. Can you imagine what it was for me to awake and see a shadow towering over me watching me sleep? Yikes! I almost screamed. The only thing is that I never get a feeling of despair and that worries me. Do what libertybell is telling you that way at least you will know what lays beneath those walls.
Good luck and keep us posted.
❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-24)
The feeling of being watched or just down right uncomfortable may be due to high EMF fields in the house. Totaly natural, but not much fun. If your eletrical cicuits are not shielded enough when you get close to them one feels out of sorts, like they are being watched or just plain uncomfortable.

Now the shapes your seeing out of the corner of your eye, that could be something, but please check out all possibilties, see if anyone you know owns an EMF meter and take measurements around the entire house. Compare them from room to room, see if they are higher in areas near electrical boxes/equpiment and make note of any 'floating' EMF spikes/ cold spots. Research the property and look at all the evidence.

All the sugestions here are good ones to try as you go about your investigation into what ever you are experincing. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Respectfully,
Rook
keekee404 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-23)
There must be something wrong with the house you just moved into. Since it's brand new, you may want to do research on the land and see what used to be there. It can explain what the presence in your house is. I'm not sure what your religion is, but praying and wearing crosses as well as placing them throughout the house helps. The next time you feel uneasy, tell it politely yet firmly that it's presence is not welcome in your home and it needs to move on. If things get bad, remember prayers and your spiritual power. No matter the situation, God will protect you. Good luck and stay safe! 😁
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-23)
I agree with Joie. A lot of things just seem to saturate the area where they happened, and even new construction won't change that.

When you have the time, I'd suggest running a chain of title on your property. This information can be found at your local county seat, in what is frequently called the Deed Vault. The books you'll need are the Grantors' and Grantees' Indexes. I'd also suggest arming yourself with a legal pad or two and pens/pencils for taking notes.

You need to start with the Grantees' Index and look up who deeded the porperty to you. Then you look up who deeded the proerty to them, and so on. Sooner or later you'll come to just a description of a piece of land. I'll admit it's tedious (oddly enough, though, it was the part of title searching I truly enjoyed while training as a paralegal), but knowing whose property it was in the past can often aid you when researching the newspaper archives and local history.

Good luck!
Joie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-23)
I have been reading Harry Potter again and those sound like Dementors! Now, on the serious side, there are things called Shadow People. They can take any shape, and are usually pitch black. They outshadow shadows if you get my drift. It could also be a spirit trying to manifest the best way they know how. Say a small prayer and let it know you live there and it is your home and the spirit should leave and/or follow the white light.

Now, just because it is a new house means nothing. It could be the land. Go to your local library and check out old news papers, or other historical information on that land and the land around it.

Good luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: