You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandpa Visits His Funeral

Real Ghost Stories

Grandpa Visits His Funeral

 

My poppy died on a Tuesday June 13th 2006. The whole family was devastated because we didn't think he was going to go so fast. We all got ready and went to the funeral home where my poppy was resting. Before my poppy passed away he was sick and frail. He looked like he was 90 when he was only 58. When we saw him he looked like the old poppy, warm to the touch and he just looked like himself before he got sick.

The next day we went to the funeral home again. Flowers were everywhere and we were about to go downstairs for something to eat and drink, when my grandfather's brother walked in. He wasn't around at all while my grandfather was alive, which upset my poppy deeply. His brother laid a vase of flowers on a pedestal in the room and left. As we were getting ready to leave, the flowers literally flew off the stand and onto the floor. All we could do was laugh because it was like my poppy was saying you weren't here when I was alive, you sure as hell aren't welcome here when I'm dead.

The day of my poppy's funeral was a day I will ALWAYS remember. My Aunt Karen got up and said a beautiful speech and when she was done the pastor got up and started to talk about my Poppy. She said Ronald was always a funny man, he always liked to tell a joke and pull a prank. She was about to say something else when my poppy's nametag on his casket popped off and landed at her feet. Everyone in the room was shocked at what they saw but soon laughed it off.

The pastor continued talking about my poppy, about how he was a hard worker, a good husband and a first class grandfather and soon to be great grandfather because his first granddaughter (me) was 4 months pregnant with his first great grandchild. When she turned and looked at me, the candles that were lit on both sides of my poppy's casket blew out.

It was nice to know my Poppy was there with us all the day we had to say goodbye. Little did we know it wasn't goodbye it was see "ya" later!

Other hauntings by Ghostgirl24

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ghostgirl24, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bossymiss (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
I wouldn't of been freaked out I just would of laughed it was like he wasn't gone he was just there like normal I enjoyed reading that 😆 bye ❤
Ghostgirl24 (9 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
its a great feeling chris and that day at his funeral everyone had a sence that he was around and he wasn't really going anywhere so it made it easier for some.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
Wow this was a beautiful story. I just enjoyed reading. It is going into my favourites. I guess he jsut wanted you all to know that he is present. But isn't a good feeling to know that he popps by once in awhile? He probably wants to know how your doing. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Charlemagne (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
Like rhodes68 said, this truly is a beautiful story of (imo) how a departed one's love for family can turn tears to laughter.

Have a blessed day ahead! 😁
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
You got me all choked up with this story. Both of my grandparents are still alive. One of them sounds like your poppi I bet he would probably do the same thing yours did. You know I have heard people say that when a person has been ill in life once they pass and they were a good person they will go back to what they looked like before the illness.
Thanks for sharing.
God Bless
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
I was very close with my grandfather. Right before the funeral, I asked the funeral director to place a small Hershey Bar (fun sized) in his suit pocket.

My grandfather always believed you should have a "piece of chocolate for the road". I figured it would be most suiting to give him a piece for his long road ahead.

I digress. Thank you for sharing a wonderful story
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
Ghostgirl hi again and thanks for coming back with another experience.

The more I read about your grandfather, the more I'm inclined to believe that this wonderful man's love for life and especially his family has served as his pathway back to you to share the good and difficult moments, every tear and every smile with you. How trully beautiful!
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
Yeah See you later you got that right it mean we see other on other side one day when time come and yes I too lost my grandpa in 2004 on the september 7th he was only 77 or 78 he just died in his sleep it just was his time and yes I cry over his funrel.
HorrorMovieFan (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
Aww... That's so cute sorry to hear about the death though it would be nice to know he was always and will always be your gaurdian angel.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: