You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Our Maid And The Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Our Maid And The Shadow

 

This is a story about our maid and the weird black "thing" or whatever it was as her companion.

Just last summer (around May) we had a new maid. She was around 45 years of age.

There were a lot of weird and creepy things that happened in our house in her one-month-long stay with us.

She arrived on the first week of the month. After two weeks she kept telling us that there are nights when she could not have a good sleep because she felt someone is always looking at her from the foot of her bed. (She slept in the living room.) She also told us one day that she thought she would die in her sleep.

She was sleeping one night and suddenly woke up not able to breathe and thought she saw a black figure strangling her or suffocating her, but for some reason she was able to say a prayer and was able to move and suddenly the black figure was gone.

I was working the night shift during her stay with us so I'd sleep until about 7pm. One night, still lazy to go to work, I was sitting on the fifth step of the stairs watching the news on TV, my sister, sister in law, and this maid were also watching the news.

During the break I felt as if someone was on top of the stairs, and then suddenly to my surprise I felt as if someone went down the stairs and the sound went THUMP THUMP THUMP;the sound of the footsteps were so loud as if a very heavy man was descending.

Then I felt my shoulder go cold with goose bumps when the footsteps went past me. I thought I was just imagining things, but my sister-in-law said that those footsteps may have come from the neighbor - apparently they all heard it as well- and they were all looking at the stairs wondering also what it was.

These footsteps coming down the stairs happened thrice- the sound of the footsteps were so loud and it felt like a big, heavy man was descending, and always there was nobody there. And always when these happen we pass it off that it may have come from the neighbor.

(Just recently I've investigated this and I've found out that the staircase of our neighbor (our neighbor to the left) is not adjacent to the wall where our staircase is. And our neighbor (right) did not have their staircase on the wall where our staircase is located either. This may sound confusing-we live in a "townhouse" style house- it's like a long building where it's divided into house units so your wall is also the wall of your neighbor.)

My sister also told me that one day she saw a black shadow climb the stairs, she was so scared but she went to investigate after a few minutes to see if there was anybody upstairs but she found no one.

At that time, there were only the maid, and my two sisters who were in the house and they were all downstairs - the maid (said she did not go upstairs) was doing the laundry, and my sisters were on the couch.

There were times when I was sleeping and felt that something was on top of me and I could not move. Now this is not something new to me because I have experienced this a lot of times already, often if the place has something weird going on like entities or whatever they are called. I must mention that during our one year stay in the house before the maid arrived I have never had this occurrence.

Weird was during her stay I felt like the house is full of dark shadows especially the living room (where she sleeps) and I felt as if the air was so thick, I'm not an expert on this but on retrospect I think the house has a black or dark aura in it and especially the living room.

One night my sister in law and this maid had a really bad fight. I can clearly remember the following day because that was the day she left. The moment she was gone I felt really-really light. I felt like the house had become more spacious, like suddenly the black shadow I always seemed to see in the lining room is gone and the house is suddenly filled with morning light.

Those weird things did not happen again to this date.

It may also be worth mentioning that she was two months pregnant when she was with us. And that her first husband died ten years ago.

Could it be possible that that black entity was with her all the time? That it followed her from the province (where she came from) to our house to wherever she is now? Is it possible that that entity was guarding her baby in her womb? What could the entity be? Could it be her dead first husband?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, reina, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

mean_jolene (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
I don't think it's her late husband, it's not his child she's carrying his child...
reina (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Hi Hoochler! I don't know if she has done any of those you mentioned. And if ever I see her again I don't think I'd dare go near her for fear of whatever it is that is attached to her hehe!

To TheUnknown:
What you've said gave me chills. I hope her baby is an exception. Nways, thanks for the info.

To Velvet:
I didn't really got scared when those things were happening because my mind kept on thinking about logical explanations. In fact I just got scared months after when we realized that those happenings were because of her.
And yeah, you should post your experiences here, this is a great site! I've actually become addicted to this.
reina (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Hi Tammy! That's scary. But no, I haven't felt or seen anything weird lately and I pray nothing would come sooner because all of us in the house are a bunch of scaredy cats 😨
I've had few experiences before though that I can share sometime later. Thanks!
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
The first thing that came to my mind when I wondered why a black, oppressive energy / entity would hang around someone... Was that she (the maid) probably had a history of dabbling in the occult and never did anything about closing the door (s) she opened accidently along the way.

Maybe she used a ouija board in her past, or perhaps practiced voodoo or witchcraft and did not fully know what she was doing.

Those are sure fire ways to get dark things to follow you around. If that was the reason for the dark presence, I doubt if anything bad would stick around after she left (especially since she wasn't there very long). The dark presence would be tied directly to her, not where she resided.

Even if you could talk to her again, if dabbling in the occult was the reason for the dark energy then she would probably not be very forthcoming with the truth out of shame.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
Can be, or can be a guardian angel protecting your previous maid just to fulfill her dead husbands wish.

This is the explanation I can think about, and I wonder what could be the other entities, can be spirits wanting to enter the body of the baby as soon as it's born (I found this info while studying about Hell and Heaven myself by reading a book given to me by a teacher), they say that once a spirit has gone through all tortures in Hell,he/she has to go to a building and drink a tea which will erase all their memories of their previous life and put them some object, different objects have different meanings, like a pen or book is for the person to be a scholar in their next life.

This is all I know, and I will stop right here, for now.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
Well, sometimes they do reina. Sometimes the energy gets attached to a new house, a person an object even. You sound like there's more going on.

I hope you will submit another account describing what you sense and experience at home

Tammy
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
Hi there,
I must admit your story gave me goosebumps and I actually got scared. I can actually relate, I had lots of paranormal experiences during my childhood. My Dad was an alcoholic and once my parents divorced and he moved out, the paranormal activities vanished. Sometimes I wonder if he was bringing it or if it just stopped?
reina (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
Hi Tonith! Thanks for reading.
Yeah she's 45, she's pregnant with her 10th kid. Her first husband died many years ago, she married her current husband 6 months after her first husband died.
reina (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
Hi ghostseer! Thanks for reading my story.
Nope we did not ask for her to leave because of those weird things that were happening. The night before she left she had a big fight with my sister-in-law, I'm assuming she left out of shame. We were not able to connect her to the happenings until recently, when we have realized that there was nothing paranormal happening in the house except when she was with us and it stopped right on the moment she left.

Rhodes68, thanks for reading my story! Nope we have not kept contact with her, and I would not know either if she has had experiences with the paranormal. Yeah we also believe that it was attached to her but it it still puzzle us why (I'd just like to add that this maid traveled 16 hours on ferry and bus to get to our place since she came from the province).
I just have a question. Is it possible for that spirit or whatever it was to leave some form of residue in our house?
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
I can't imagine being 45 and pregnant with no husband. I hope this lady and her baby are ok. It's not a wonder things manifested around her. She was no doubt the catalyst. I just hope for the child's sake she is mentally balanced.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
Your answers will be met, when you ask the ex maid. Why did she leave? Did you ask her to go because of the paranormal activity?. It would be interesting to find out who was attached to the maid. Blessings, Ghostseer
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
Hi reina and thank you for sharing such an interesting experience.

From what you're saying but mainly because the occurrences stopped after the maid left, it does sound like the spirit or ghost was attached to her.

Pregnancy can attract such energies although I 'm more inclined to believe that whatever was following the maid wasn't a random or a drifting spirit. It sounds more like there was some stronger connection between them.

I was wondering, have you kept contact with her? Do you know if she has had more experiences?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: