You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Woman In The Light

Real Ghost Stories

The Woman In The Light

 

I know this story will sound bizarre but I swear that it really did happen. My brother, Tim, couldn't have been more than 12 or 13 years-old when he started talking about the strange things going on in his bedroom. Since a doorway separated our rooms, I could hear anything unusual as good as he did, and I never heard a thing. That is until I heard him hit the floor after falling out of bed (I thought). There was vomit all over the floor and he was as pale as a ghost. Mom heard the noise and came running up the steps. My poor brother looked terrible and after we got everything cleaned up, we asked him what happened.

He said it started out as a feeling he was being watched and he started having trouble falling asleep. If I was in bed, he didn't seem to have such a hard time, but I wasn't always there. He spoke of hearing footsteps on the stairs, creaking of the floor boards, or seeing flashes of light. But when he started to see this woman come out of the ceiling, he knew she was evil. At first, he, too, thought he was dreaming and would lie awake for hours waiting for me to come home. Only then could he get "a good night's sleep." But as time passed he grew more scared.

I remember him describing the way she looked, "she had long black hair and red eyes. She kept calling to me, wanting me to come up to her and held her arms out. I'd tell her no and throw the covers over my head. I knew she was getting madder and madder." "Why didn't you tell us?" I asked him. "Because no one would believe me." he said shaking his head.

On this particular night, he laid awake, looking up at the ceiling and the light fixture with the string you pull to turn it on. All of a sudden, the woman came out of the light bulb and started calling to him. He had a night light on the wall by his bed and could see her and her glowing red eyes. Before he could cover his head, she drew him up and he started spinning around the light. He spun so fast he started to feel sick. He yelled at her to let him go. That's when he hit the floor covered in vomit.

I told him to pray and tell her to leave him alone and thank goodness she never bothered him again. After that night, I noticed he started staying more with his friends overnight. He never forgot what happened and talked about it not long before he died.

Years later, my mother used his room upstairs as her "to do room". She spoke of having the feeling she was being watched and thought she heard my brother's voice call to her, "Mom.", when she sat crying over losing him. But I never heard or felt anything while I lived at home.

It wasn't until my husband and I moved into our first home that I started to notice strange things taking place. I'll share some of those with you soon. Has anyone had an experience like my brother? It still gives me the chills.

Other hauntings by BYLUYSTER

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BYLUYSTER, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Hi, ChrisB--thank you for your kind words of understanding. It will forever be ingrained in my mind, that's for sure. I wish he didn't have to go through that but spirits seem to follow their own agenda. Take care. 😁 Thanksgiving. Byluyster.

Ogle--So you have experienced things with the light bulb, too. For a minute there, I thought Tim was the only one. Strange how different things happen... How unexplainable and frightening entities seem to be, especially to a young boy.

I feel this "woman" was evil and enjoyed playing games with my brother. After it happened he didn't talk about it, but I knew he would never be the same.

As for my mother, she endured much saddened in her life. Would you believe my brother was in the same ICU room and bed, in the same hospital as her mother died in? My grandmother died in April '81 and my brother died June '82, talk about reliving a painful experience. So I try to believe hearing Tim call to her brought her comfort, but nothing could take away the pain. I know for a fact that our loved ones try to communicate with us in one fashion or another. I just wish my Aunt Lou would come to me... She died a year ago. And I miss her so much. Most of my departed have come to me in dreams.

It was good hearing from you. Thanks for sharing your experience with me. Take care.

God Bless,
Byluyster
Oglegen (6 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
That sounds so horrible 😢 your poor, poor brother to go through that ordeal: loneliness, haunting and vomiting all at the same time! In terms of having similar experiences, I have had something going on with the light/centered around the light bulb before with a ghost I had in my house as a child growing up. It drew my attention to the light bulb a lot, as if it was trying to personify itself to me through the light fixture, and it also made the light swing quite violently. As far as the other stuff goes, I have never seen a black haired woman with red eyes though, that sounds awful. She must have been quite a strong entity. It amazes me how some entities can remain dormant for years and then come out in a flurry of energy (appear as an apparition, swing people round lightbulbs, call out names) and then just return to the invisible observer again. I suppose they have no sense of time so it doesn't seem like years to them.

Anyway, I'm terribly sorry for the loss of your brother, for you and your mother, and like Rhodes68 I was incredibly saddened to hear that she heard him calling.

Take Care
Ogle
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. Its sad to hear that your brother had to have such an unpleasent encounter with the parannormal. What ever he encountered It must have been evil. Spirits tend to give us a feeling. Others tend to cry for no aparent reason or smell things but they can also give as a terrible feeling. And that is what your brother got. Thanks again for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
To all the posters: Thank you all so much for your kind words of condolences. My brother has been gone 26 years and his death had nothing to do with "The Woman in The Light", but yet it seems like yesterday, the pain, the tears, and the terrible feeling of loss. But being able to share his story with you makes me feel better. To this day, I wonder why he had to experience such a horrible thing. I wish it had been me and not him. As for my mother, (and father) they were never quite the same after Tim died, but she did receive comfort "hearing" his voice. In our rational minds, we try to reason out why things occur, but quite honestly... We aren't meant to. 😕 I haven't shared this story before, even with my kids, thank you for letting me get this off my chest. God bless. ❤
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
Tonith,

I am not doubting your doubting. What frequency of electromagnetic fields in what energy ranges causes the symptoms you describe? Radio waves, microwaves, visible light waves, gamma rays or even cosmic rays? Unless this person lives next to an airport radar or a military EM jamming facility, I doubt they have levels of EM in their house to cause the symptoms you describe (your forgot RF burns and radiation sickness btw). Also, wouldn't a source of EM energetic enough to affect Tim also affect the rest of the family?

If Tim were vivid dreaming, how did he get out of bed? Is sleepwalking the same as vivid dreaming?

Night terrors usually produces a child (late at night) that is screaming uncontrollably and can NOT be consoled. Upon waking, most night terror victims have no recollection of what frightened them. Tim seemed very coherent in this story when approached by his family in his vomit covered room. He was also very particular about what had scared him.

I am all for finding non paranormal answers to events, IF the facts warrant. It is clear from this story that we don't have all the facts (how old was Tim when he died, did his death have anything to do with this ghost lady?...etc,).

Sometimes there are paranormal explanations to paranormal events as well.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
Wow...thank you for sharing your story with us. I'm very, very sorry for your loss. It sounds like this woman-spirit was very cruel. Perhaps she was someone who lost her child in life, and she was filled with the resentment of seeing a boy who wouldn't go with her into the afterlife as her son. I feel sorry for your brother that he went through that, but at least you were close to him and he trusted in you.

Warmest blessings,

DA
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
I am not doubting your story. All the symptoms you described are found in high electromagnetic fields. It can cause hallucinations, nausea, paranoia, skin rashes and fatigue. Guess it depends on one's sensitivity. There is also what is called vivid dreaming and this also seems very real when it's not. Children can also have night terrors due to stress or just over active hormones. I don't think your brother was spinning around a light fixture but he may have thought he was. I'm sure it was very real to him. Now the part about his calling to your mother after his demise is very believable and happens all the time. They say it's due to grief but I don't think that is always the case. I believe our loved ones can contact us when necessary or when we are in need of it. Sorry for your loss.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
My heart goes out to you!. Losing a family member is never easy, and your Mother... I cannot bear to think what this must be like for her. As a Mother, we never want to out live our children! How horrible for her. And Yes!, there are many of us who have experienced our names being called out, and the feeling of being watched in an otherwise empty room. Prayer will help, as does a cleansing of the spiritual realm lingering there. Let me know if want more information, feel free to write me. I have had over forty years of figuring this out. My "gifts" have forced me to learn...Blessings, Ghostseer
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
What a dreadful experience Byluyster!

It's so disturbing that an energy terrorized a little innocent boy and actually hurt him which tells me that whatever kind of spirit it was, it must have been negative.

It was also a fortunate thing that your mother's prayers kept it away- it sounds like your mom's faith and love for her children was so strong, it functioned as a "protective shield" around them.

I was deeply saddened by your last paragraph where your mom heard him calling to her. Such loss can never be forgotten!

I want to believe that she heard him calling not because he was in need of help but mainly because her feelings about his demise were very intense. Likewise, that feeling of "being watched" might have been because the memories were so vivid unless you know otherwise.

Once again, I'm sorry for your loss!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: