You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Building A Fire

Real Ghost Stories

Building A Fire

 

I went to my grandmother's tonight (16.Dec.08) around 5:30pm. I was with my mother and father. My grandmother had to go to the hospital because she hurt her back so we wanted to make sure she was doing well and my mother wanted to make cheese balls for a Christmas party.

Since my grandfather passed away (6.Apr.06) things have been difficult for us all. I have taken it very hard. My grandfather and I were very close. He used to build fires in the basement fire place every winter-the basement is where he spent most of his time when he was home.

I noticed as I was reading a book that the house felt very cold, I asked my grandmother if she had gotten a chance to build a fire and she hadn't. I decided I would go down and build one myself. My grandfather taught me how to do it. I knew I would have no issues.

Going in the basement is tough on me. There are many memories that linger still. When I got to the fire place, got the wood put in, I grabbed the matches and went to work on getting it going. While waiting for it to catch I noticed something didn't seem right. It was colder than normal. I felt as though I was being watched. It was at that moment that a bunch of gardening equipment and buckets fell over that he kept on the other side of the room.

This caused the hair on my arms to stand. I felt a rush of cold air. It was as if I had done something wrong. I felt like maybe he was there and was unhappy with how I was trying to build the fire.

I cannot be sure of what happened, I know I wasn't alone and it comforted me more so knowing that maybe he was watching out for me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kate1389, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jakester913 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-24)
I don't think he is trying to scare you he might be trying to care for you. He might be your gardion angel. Sorry about loss I hope you fell better.

Warmest fellings ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
I agree with what the others have said here. I think your grandfather just wanted you to know that he was there and that he cares about you. Thank you for sharing your story with us, and I'm sorry for your loss.

Warmest blessings,
DA/Lynn
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
I know how you feel. My grandpa died like 27 years before I was born, and my granny died 2 weeks after I was born. 😢

But then again, it probably is harder on you, since you spent more time with him.

I believe that he wanted to let you know that he was there, and I doubt he was trying to scare you.

I am very sorry for your loss, and I hope your family well.

😊
Jackets (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
Thank you for your story and welcome to YGS. I am very sorry for teh loss of your grandfather as it is obvious how close you two were. I don't think he was upset that you were doing it wrong. I believe that he probably wanted to let you know that he was still there watching over you and he knew that you would know it was him in that situation.
Zahin (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
hmm... It was a really nice one...believable... Nice story kate 😁...would like to read more of your spooky experiences if you have more... 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: