You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: White Light Ascending Different Times And Locations

Real Ghost Stories

White Light Ascending Different Times And Locations

 

During my time in the Navy I saw many things but the two events I'm about to write about made me feel the most helpless I've ever felt in my life.

September 1994: while stationed aboard the USS Conolly (DD979) we were the first American ship to sail to Haiti after the riot on the pier that turned the Harlan County away. We took up station between 1 and 3 miles off the coast and sailed our 'line'. We were showing our 'presence' there during a time of great unrest in that country.

One night during the mid-watch, 2200-0600 (10pm -6am) at approx 0230 we observed whole city blocks going dark. Entire light grids were being turned off and people were being attacked in their homes and on the streets.

I was on watch on the bridge and as I looked shoreward I saw 3 'beams' of light go streaking up into the air. I asked, "What was that, but no one else had seen anything." I blew it off as maybe seeing things until we heard the news reports from the island from the overnight hours... Many people had been beaten for their opposition to the government, 3 had been killed (2 men 1 woman). The woman had been placed into a pile of old tires and the tires were then lit on fire.

I (we) sat there unable to do anything but patrol as per our orders. I know what I saw that evening was the souls of those who had been killed passing on to a better place.

April 1999: Stationed aboard the USS Laboon (DDG 58) the ship had just completed 5inch gun qualifications on the firing range in Puerto Rico - Vieques Island. We had just cleared the range and could hear the calls on the radio to the two incoming jets as they made their approach on their first bombing run. Then we switched off the firing control frequency and were headed out to sea.

I headed up to the bridge wing for some fresh air after a long time on watch for the gun qualification. As I watched the island growing smaller, we received a frantic call on the Main Range frequency. The site was requesting help, something had gone wrong and one of the 500 lb bombs from the aircraft had struck off range and had exploded. It was requested that we contact Roosevelt Rhodes, Puerto Rico (the main base) because the main building at the Range had been damaged and they were unable to do so.

The next transmission was not as 'sure' of it self. The man on the radio babbled about broken windows and wind blowing through the building. (Not a proper transmission) The next transmission was the same voice, firm and in control, "___ this is ____ Have an ambulance sent, we have a guard down in need of assistance, his leg is injured. Over."

Then another transmission, same voice, no call signs and 'distant' sounding, "I hope someone on the ambulance has a smoke, I can't find mine."

After a couple of minutes the same voice, this time strong and in control, "___ this is ____ have the ambulance approach from the east side of the building, I repeat approach from the east side we have a fire on the west side of the building and it's approaching the generator shack, Over."

We of course relayed everything we were hearing to Roosevelt Rhodes. Then the voice came again, "I... I think we have lost the guard... My ears are bleeding, where's my smokes..." I looked up from where I was copying the R/T net and looked back to the top of the island, where we knew the Range Building to be, but you could not see it from seaward. I saw a brilliant white light go shooting up into the sky. I didn't question what I saw. I offered a prayer for the guard and his Family for their loss. I knew what I had just seen.

As soon as we had heard the first transmissions the Captain had turned the ship around and headed back towards the range. Had we been a different class ship we would have had a Helicopter detachment on board and could have flown aid in from the ship, as it was I think our Captain considered beaching the ship (would have had he thought it would have helped) to help in a more productive manner than just relaying radio transmissions.

I know what I saw in April 1999, and I'm pretty sure of what I saw in September 1994. The worst part was being unable to do anything, ANYTHING, but offer prayers to those being effected by all the chaos going on during these events.

Respectfully,

Rook

Other hauntings by rookdygin

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rookdygin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2019-11-15)
War is hell in itself. 😢 You say there was nothing you could do but offer your prayers, I say that was everything! That's amazing that you KNEW it was the souls of those being killed that were ascending. It was just recently Veteran's Day and I thank you for your service. ❤ God bless you and family.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-22)
I agree with geetha50. And it is great to see you use your vast experience to help others in distress.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
It's not everyday you see souls pass over. It's a truly different experience. But to see it your situation, I would have felt the same. The people who have passed, shouldn't have gone the way they should have and you shouldn't have had to experience that but being in your position, I think that it is unavoidable.

There is a saying, what doesn't kill you, will only make you stronger. I think that applies to you. What you experienced may have made you helpless but it made you stronger because of it and personally, I think these souls that have passed know that you were there to see them off.
Fuchsia (5 stories) (64 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-11-28)
Wow...I would have been speechless if I saw those beams of light ascending! You are blest, Rook, to be able to see those things! I am pretty sure that you were given this gift for good reason.:)

Blessed be! ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-04)
troyarn,

Thank you for all your recent comments for all my experiences (I refuse to call them stories because I feel that invites people to think they are fiction)

Isn't Israel a trip? It was a very powerful moment in my life when I experienced that 'input' while visiting Bethlehem.

This experience was horrible, knowing what was going on and unable to stop any of it... It was calming to see that light accend, it helped me to deal with the whole thing.

Thank you for your service.

Respectfully,

Rook
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-03)
Excellent story (as usual). Your tales bring back memories of when I was in the Marines and went to these places. They also affirm the strangeness that is in this world. I really enjoy reading your experiences.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
Again, thank you one and all for the comments. 20 years. While I was doing my 'time' 😉 It really didn't seem that long but looking back on it... I was 19 when I joined and 39 when I retired. All I can say is that it was a pretty amazeing ride. I saw/did a lot of things that I never otherwise would have gotten to do and it was well worth the time invested. Thank you all.

Respectfully,

Rook
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
Rook,
Wow. You have certainly been through a lot. I am grateful to you and all of those who put themselves in harms way (often times more than just physical harm) and take care of us!

I don't doubt you saw these poor souls being released. From the sounds of your story, they ending of this life for all of them was abrupt and harsh. I beleieve you where able to see these passings to show you that all though their ending here was hard (and evil) they made a hasty entrance to the next life of peace and harmony and love.

I appreciatte your taking the time to relay these accounts to us, I am certain it can not be easy to relive some of these memories for you.

God Bless!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
Thank you for sharing your story, Rook. I can't even begin to imagine how that feels. Thank you for your service as well. I feel sorry for those who have been taken from this world before their time, and for the families, friends and loved ones left behind to pick up the pieces.

Warmest blessings,
DA/Lynn
ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
hm...don't know what to tell you other than you have one awesome gift on your hands and prayer is probably all you can mentally do to give your assistance to the deceased and their families.

~Tora~
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
Thank you all for your comments.

Staaldak,

These has been the only times I have 'seen' something like this and I believe you are right saying I saw them during extrem crisis... Purhaps the 'Powers That Be' allowed me to see their assension to help calm me during these times. I know I will never forget the way I felt during both of these events.

These two events helped to 'cement' my convictions/beliefs that we must use our 'gifts', no matter what they are, to help make the world a better place for everyone.

Respectfully,

Rook
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
Thanks for sharing another fascinating experience with us. While it must have been--and undoubtedly remains--frustrating, Rook, I want you know that you actually did a lot. Although it could not change the outcome, like the captain commanding USS Laboon, you did everything in your power. In both cases, you acknowledged the needless, violent loss of life. With hundreds of millions of dollars in military technology, armament, and personnel at your disposal, you experienced a particularly acute frustration at not being able to intervene and alter the outcome. Despite this you felt empathy and actively offered prayers for these poor souls and their families. I think they would be touched if they knew the energy and emotion you gave them.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
I sure hope there is some better place for the souls of those who have been so wrongfully and brutally deprived of their lives Rook. It is the belief in this "Perfect Universe" or the "Land of Many Summers" that makes all the injustice of this "human world" a little more bearable or at least justified in certain cases.

Thank you for another caprivating account!
staaldak (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
Rook, I have just read your story and was intrigued. Thank you for your post.

I was just wondering if you often see departing souls or only under what seems to be extreme crisis. Please keep us posted.

Kind regards,
Staaldak

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: