You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Fear At The Farmhouse

Real Ghost Stories

Fear At The Farmhouse

 

I was 3/4 years old and I was living in an old Herefordshire farmhouse. The house was black and white, old and creaky and very old. I remember once being sat in the front room and ornaments would levitate in front of me, pictures would come off the walls, doors would slam. This was the norm for my family, and me it happened on a daily basis.

I was upstairs in my parent's bedroom once with my mum, no one was in the house, and my dad was working on the farm behind the house. We heard loud, heavy footsteps come from the end room and stop outside the door. My auntie stayed over once and got pushed down the stairs.

One day my parents called a chimney cleaner out to clean the chimney's, after 15 minutes he shot out the door and drove off. When my dad later telephoned him he said that he saw a little boy up the chimney with a lantern and he refused to come back to the house.

I saw a ghost at this house. I was lying in bed and she walked through my wall and spoke to me, the next day I described a Victorian lady to my parents and said her name was Mary. We later found out a Mary Baskerville was killed at the house, coincidence?

Living in this house gave me my passion for the paranormal. I am now 23 and devoted to paranormal investigating and writing ghost stories. I now have my own website and conduct my own paranormal investigations in Hereford. I have also spoken to other families that have lived in this house and they experienced the same whilst living at this house.

Natalie Lawrence

Www.haunted-hereford.co.uk

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spookyangel23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
I don't know if anyone ever died from an encounter with a ghost unless it was of fright. I do know there have been accounts of being pushed, slapped and scratched while someone was fully awake and not in bed. If someone was an angry person in life chances are they may still be that way in death hence the violence. The chimney sweep had no way of knowing anything about the house so his encounter holds a lot of water. To see a little boy up on a roof must have scared him to pieces. I know it would me. I have never seen anything levitate either and I don't know how I would react to something like that. I guess if this kind of thing happens enough you learn to take it with a grain of salt but for most of us it would be terrifying.
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
Also...what did the lady say?

Could you understand her?

Please let me know! 😁

Take care! ❤
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
Physical activity? That is not a good sign.
Has anything else happened-I mean like anyone else getting pushed down the stairs or shoved in the back?

Maybe the ghost was just angry.
It sounds like you have a lot of ghost in your house.
Maybe the little boy somehow died in the chimney, or the lady died in the room she was walking in.

If you have any questions about the paranormal, please email me! (email is on my homepage)

Take Care ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: