You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: House On French Island 3

Real Ghost Stories

House On French Island 3

 

I'm including the description of the house in all of these in case someone hasn't read the first one: When you walk in the main door you are in a room about 24 feet square. There are two doorways on the wall directly opposite of the main door, one on each half of the room. The one on the left is to the living room; the one on the right went to my roommate's room. The room is separated into two areas by a partial wall in the middle (not parallel to the walls with the doors on them, it goes the other way) that goes from the floor 3/4 of the way to the ceiling. This partial wall runs from one side of the room to the other with the exception of a 3 foot walking space on both ends.

The left side is the dining area; the right side is the kitchen. If you walk from the main room into the living room my bedroom door was on the other end. The bathroom was built into the corner of the kitchen beside my roommate's bedroom. That was the whole apartment.

Alright the third part... These last two were actually quite frightening. They both happened to me although I wasn't alone on either occasion.

It was about 7.30 pm. I was in the kitchen cutting up vegetables for a stir-fry. Now where I was standing I had the kitchen sink about six inches to my left, a regular sized (4 feet tall, 2 feet wide) window about 1/2 feet to my right and the refrigerator was about 2 feet behind me and 6 inches to my left (directly across from the sink.) I was standing at the counter there and talking to my roommate who was in the living room.

I looked up at the cupboard directly in front of my face and was about to reach up and grab a dish out of it when I saw in the window to my right the reflection of something on the other side of me. A white form about the same height as me, maybe a little taller, looked as if it was standing exactly where my sink was.

I couldn't see it through the sink only the top half. It moved from the sink, past my right side (as soon as it stepped "out" of the sink I could see the whole form) and "into" the refrigerator. I couldn't make out any features, I sensed that it was female but I'm not 100% sure. I felt scared, but only because it startled me, not because I thought it was going to harm me.

I made my roommate come stand in the kitchen with me until I was finished and we didn't see it again.

Also, we didn't have the shade down on the window but it couldn't have been a light from outside because there were no cars going by at that time (it was a dead end street and fairly quiet) and it was definitely a reflection of something behind me. The sink 'cut off' part off the bottom half of whatever it was until it moved away from he sink.

Other hauntings by JaimeLuv

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JaimeLuv, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JaimeLuv (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
Aussie- That's interesting. In my first story I gave a little description of my town. The whole town is made up of like four or five small "islands." Meaning there's a couple rivers that run through the town and separate the land into pieces. If you're not from there you'd never notice but it is. French Island is about 2 miles by 3 miles with a river all around it.

Rhodes-The second part is published in the last story.
I don't know that it actually walked into the fridge so much as it walked into the spot where our fridge was at the time and then just disappeared.
Also I don't know how long it was there that I couldn't see I only saw it for maybe 4 seconds. And I didn't see it directly it was in the reflection of the window. When I turned towards the cupboard I could see in the window and it was standing there then it just "walked" away. When I turned back around it was gone.
I haven't had a chance to contact it. I lived there three years ago and at that point my experience with ghosts was limited to TV shows lol I had no idea. We were going to go back the year after we moved and try to get some EVP's (we knew the girl who moved in after us) but didn't get a chance.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
You said "two" experiences but I see only one... Am I missing something?

Anyway, you said the misty figure was standing right behind you as if observing which does sound very much like whatever is there is pretty aware of your presence. I also feel that at this point, nothing bad has happened thus you need not worry. It is most likely a deceased resident who willingly stays in the house he/she loved when still alive. And yet, it might very well be someone who's stuck and needs to cross over.

I have to wonder though why the figure walked through the fridge? Is it because being in the spirit form it may do as it wishes or does that mean that what she sees is the "older version" of the house which would then imply that he/she might not be so much aware of you being in the same space as them...?

Now I'm confusing myself but hope I'm not confusing you.

Have you ever had a direct contact-a more meaningful communication with the figure to make you believe "she" as you claim is aware of you?

Thank you
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
Maybe this is the same ghost from #2. Very scary (also...this apartment sounds TINY).
I am enjoying your stories and can hardly wait for more.
AussieRedDog (24 stories) (81 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
One thing I've always noticed but spirits, spooks, ghosts whatever you want to call them, are attracted to water. Our bodies are made up of 90% water so, I'm just presuming this okay? But most haunted places are located near or pretty close to water. You will find a majority of boneyards-graveyards-are located pretty close to water OR built over an underground stream. I might be wrong but the house you were living in, is it built over a stream or near water by chance? I did a study on paranormal stuff and came to that conclusion about water and ghosts. I find it rather odd really. I've seen ghosts near water. I remember seeing one walking along a river bank while I was hoildaying in Ireland back in 94. I could be wrong, I'll admit that... Which is rare 😁
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
That is the creepiest one of these 3 stories that I read!

Maybe the spirit wanted to help you with the dishes 😜

I am not sure why the spirit was there, but it does not seem evil.

Check the history of your house. Maybe it will answer your questions that you may have about the spirits.

If you have any questions... Email me: spirithelper [at] hotmail.com

Take Care! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: