You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: House On French Island 4

Real Ghost Stories

House On French Island 4

 

This incident didn't happen in the house but in the garage while we were coming home one night. Our apartment was the second floor of the house. You had to go through the garage to get to both our apartment and the one on the first floor. When you walk into the door at the front of the garage, directly to your left about 5ft ahead of you is the door for the first floor apartment. If you go about 3ft past their door and turn a corner (the garage is kind of L shaped because the bottom left corner of the garage is part of the bottom floor apartment) there are stairs leading up to the top floor. The stairs are about 2ft across, just wooden planks with spaces between them going up the side of the wall, nothing in between them and no hand rail. The stairs go up one wall about 10ft, then at the corner of the walls there's a small landing about 3ft by 3ft. You turn a 90 degree angle and the stairs go up one outer wall about another 5ft, make another 90 degree angle with the next corner, go up 3 steps then you reach a landing right outside of our apartment door.

This is the last one and by far the most frightening. Me, my roommate Liz, our friend Jeni had just gotten home from supper. It was about 6 or 7 in the evening. We went into the garage and turned the corner to go up the stairs. Liz was already up on the landing opening our door. Me and Jeni were on the first set of stairs almost to the first landing. There was a light outside the bottom floor apartments door (so around the corner from where we were) and at the very top by our apartment door but none on the stairway so the stairway was very dark but not pitch black. Me and Jeni were on the stairs, she was just stepping onto the small landing on the first corner and I was directly behind her. As we were walking I looked to my right and from under the stairs (the small landing to be exact) this face came out and up at me very quickly. It was just white and blurry with black spot for eyes and the mouth, which was open. It was terrifying. It felt very angry and like it was trying to scare us. Jeni did not see it. I screamed and pushed her up the stairs and then wouldn't go back out by myself.

We went and got a flashlight we went back down and looked under the stairs but we didn't see anything.

Other hauntings by JaimeLuv

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JaimeLuv, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
Hard to tell what it was but you were sensitive to it while your friend wasn't.
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
Well it's a very good thing that you moved out. Also I'm glad to hear that nothing followed you.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
As scary as this encounter sounds, I can't help but wonder if this spirit were perhaps protecting you from something... Perhaps another spirit? That or it may have just been trying to get your attention... Up to this point, it hasn't seem to have done anything hostile until this event. It's quite strange really.

Blessings,
DA
JaimeLuv (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
rhodes- I don't think this was the same presence. It felt masculine and very, very angry. We'd gone up and down those stairs so many times (we'd lived there for about 10 months at this point) I'm not sure that iw as trying to discourage us or anything. I think it was honestly trying to frighten us. 😐
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
Ok,that was somewhat freaky-this experience is NOT as innocent as the previous ones so I can understand why you made a quick escape.

I have to wonder why the presence, if it is the same presence, tried to discourage you from going down the stairs!
Jackets (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
Very scary story. I cannot imagine being in that situation. I'm glad that you moved out and nothing followed you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: