You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: White Apparition And The Darkness Surrounding Me

Real Ghost Stories

White Apparition And The Darkness Surrounding Me

 

I have had quite a lot of paranormal experiences, but haven't had the courage to write about them until now. I didn't want to give any attention to any of it; I thought if I did it would make it worse. I would appreciate some advice on what to do in my current situation.

The most recent and most frightening is this one.

It was last Wednesday night, and I had my fiancé over until about eleven. When he left, I went on to lock all the doors. As I walked past the hallway I saw an apparition (white apparition, because the hallway was dark) "run" from one room to the other. I got to my room at the back of the house as quickly as I could. Once inside I calmed down thinking, I was exhausted and my mind playing tricks on me.

I finally got into bed, my fiancé and I were text messaging each other, and I started feeling drowsy and fell asleep. I awoke (what seemed like seconds) later in a state of "sleep paralysis". I was lying on my side unable to move my head or body, and for the first time (I get sleep paralysis alot) I felt scared. A deep uncontrollable fear. I concentrated as hard as I could to get my arm moving, that usually helped before to jerk me out of it. It was a hot night and I was lying under two blankets when suddenly I felt my blankets moving, as if somebody was pulling them up. Here is why I don't think it was a dream or my imagination. I felt cooler as the blankets lifted. I could see them lifting from the corner of my eye, and my phone which was lying next to my head vibrated indicating a received message (I later saw it was from my fiancé). I couldn't have been dreaming, because I saw my phone vibrating.

This freaked me out and I screamed with all my might, although not a sound came out. It seemed like a half an hour that I was in this state, although it could have been only a few minutes though.

I finally got up switched on all the Lights, walked around the house to calm myself, while making sure everything was normal. I cannot describe to you, the atmosphere in my room. It was frightening and you could sense that something not right was going on there. I couldn't bring myself to fall asleep again, so I ended up playing games on my pc.

Ever since this happened something does not feel right in that room. The rest of the week I seemed to have changed too. I don't feel like myself, I feel agitated, and this resulted in a lot of unnecessary arguments at work, with friends and my fiancé. What's happening is I sort of isolate myself now, I don't want to do certain things, or say them but I just do. As soon as I get in my room I get headaches or feel sick.

My fiancé came over 3 nights after this all happened and told me that his mother had a dream about me, and that there seemed to be a darkness surrounding me. I don't know what to make of this.

This was not the first experience; I have had quite a few. One which happened a few months ago, where I heard a voice in my right ear telling me "It's not about you" while being "paralysed".

For a few months my dog has been acting strange too, he stares at vacant areas, refuses to go into certain rooms. He also never wants to leave me alone and has been following me constantly. (Always getting under my feet). He even follows me when I go to the bathroom and he will sit by the door.

I've been saying prayers and burning incense, it's been progressing from a mild irritation to getting a whole lot worse now.

What is this, and why does it seem to make trouble for me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Not_scared_anymore, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-06)
Hi sorry for not replying sooner, Patchouli, a member of the lavender family. I would recommend the sandalwood for prayers. When you light the incense walk around in all the rooms corner to corner with the incense, praying. See how you go. Keep us posted. Pure sandalwood I forgot.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
Definitely DO post these stories Not_scared_anymore!

It seems that some very significant and yet disturbing events have taken place on that piece of land!
Not_scared_anymore (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
Surya its been going on for as long as I can rememeber. I grew up in that house.
The incense was Patchouli. Don't know if that helps with anything. (im clueless about these things)

Rhodes the house was built by my grandparents 40 or so years ago. No idea about the land. My whole family has been affected by this for so long,we've had the house cleansed once a very long time ago.
When my aunt who was a child at the time seemed to be posessed. Maybe I should post that story 😕

Ive moved out and had "things" follow me.
It calms down for a bit and starts back up again. Like some strange cycle.

Anyway I'll post more stories soon
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
Not_scared_anymore hi and thank you for finally sharing your experience with us-I think a lot of people choose not to talk about certain strange events in their lives for fear of rejection by others or as you said, of making things worse. And yet, I think talking about it with people who have had similar experiences not only helps in the sense that you get some sort of advice but more importantly in the sense of realizing you're NOT alone and thus, helpless.

Animals do have guite acute senses that go beyond imagination-your dog might be sensing a presence in the house but at the same time it might be sensing your own unrest and for that reason wishes to protect you by following you around the house.

Like the previous posters, I'm also drawn to this statement "it is not about you" which in my book means two different things:

A) They're here for someone else but you seem to be sensitive enough to sense them or

B) They might be drawn to the house or land and their "guest" concentrates on something else other than you.

You HAVE heard I suppose that when it comes to "ghosts" (earthbound spirits), it is always about an old debt, or past commitment that they stick around for if one excludes the possibility that they refuse to go to the Light for other reasons such as fear etc.

I am concerned though as to how true this claim is-the "not about you" claim since I get the feeling that you've had a number of experiences in your house.

Before jumping to conclusions and offering any advice I'd ask you to do a bit of research concerning the house you live in and the history of the land. We often ask that people do this since it sometimes helps identifying the cause of these hauntings or at least the "identity" of the energy-if possible- and the reason behind the "visit".

Try researching and please post your other experiences. Sometimes even "little things" make a difference.

A word of advice though! Unless you know what you're doing and how to protect yourself, I wouldn't attempt any form of communication if I were you. And yet, placing religious items or symbols of your faith can help you feel more protected. Try cleansing your home-there are suggestions on the site and please, TRY discussing with your family about what you're experiencing. It might help to let them know that you're facing a few "problems" at home.

Thank you.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
When and where did this all start? How long has it been going on. I will agree with Hoochler, ask what it wants, if you don't want to ask it out loud ask silently without fear. (Please try to conquer the fear, it is important as hard as it is, we are all capable of getting rid of fear. Inner strength, use it). Did you look at what incense you are burning?
Not_scared_anymore (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
I have never tried communicating with "it", I guess fear gets the better of me.
Im scared that if I make conversation, that would somehow invite "it" to stay around. I don't know if that makes sense, but its how I feel.

As for the third party involved, I have no knowledge of any of that. I do feel its me that "it's" targeting because events like these have been happening even before my fiance.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
The "it's not about you" comment caught my eye as well. I was wondering as monkey said if you were being used as a means to get to someone else, or is this some sort of admonishment to not be selfish in some way...

Is there some event going on in your life that a spirit would be telling you to not be selfish (maybe a will dispute of a reletive or something else)? Do you get the feeling that a 3rd person is involved in any of this as it is happening?

Have you tried asking out loud for the spirit to communicate to you what it wants from you?
monkey (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
The part that stands out to me is the voice "It's not about you" while immobile. Could it be trying to punish someone else by harming you? What about your fiance? Maybe he is a "harder" target than you and this is it's way to get at him. Thoughts?
Boo123 (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
please do, mabe we can figure out what is going on there later... Mabe its the spookvrou between Swakop and Walvis 😆
Not_scared_anymore (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
Hi Boo 😊
Im actually from the coast (walvis bay)

I'll keep you updated on any recent events, it was at its worst last week...
_Izanne_ (4 stories) (27 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
that explains it... They usually attack when you are most vulnerable, like when you are going through a hard time, or when you get seriously ill...
I hope you get it to leave you alone 😊
Boo123 (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
Hi there, I am also from Namibia, Windhoek, I would like to know are you in Windhoek, the reason is that I have reason to believe that some of our neighbourhoods is haunted, like Academia, and hochlandpark, but I am still investigating tha situation, If you van tell me in what neighberhood you are I would apreciate it, if you don't want to I respect your privacy.
Not_scared_anymore (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
Thank you so much for the advice Izanne and Surya.

To answer your question Izanne, yes I have been going through a hard time for a about a year and a half and its been getting better until all this started.

Surya I can't remember what the kind it is, Il be sure to check the packaging when I get home later. But I'll try sandalwood for sure.

To be honest I think this "thing" has been surrounding me for a long time, it just seems more destructive now
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
Hi and welcome to YGS.

I have a few questions. Firstly what incense do you burn? I would recommend sandalwood. It gives a sense of being enriched, of well-being and of the fullness of life. In herbal lore, it is said that sandalwood should be used for cleansing, purification, meditation, healing, sensual pleasure, devotionals, as aphrodisiac, for holy protection, wishes, exorcism, spirituality. Pure sandalwood not mixed.

The other thing I would recommend is having a Icon of your faith close to you. When you feel this presence, gain strength from your faith, it will be hard as I am fully aware fear always seems stronger. Leave your hallway light on when you go to sleep you may feel safer with it on.

As for you dog, I am not surprised he is following you around, "Protector" keep him close.

Keep us posted.
_Izanne_ (4 stories) (27 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
this is a very interesting story! I can't really say for sure, but I think it's a demon... You say you've been saying prayers and stuff but it keeps getting worse... From my experience, the demons will try harder to get to you if you use your religion as a shield. I'n not saying you should stop- continue with the praying, it will leave you at some point. Did you go through a hard time lately? I mean before it all started...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: