You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Banging Noises - Remodeling Mayhem

Real Ghost Stories

Banging Noises - Remodeling Mayhem

 

When I was about 12 my mom bought this FABULOUS house in Ballwin. It was everything we wanted and had plenty of room for our growing family. Except for the occasional freaky moments my family was fine.

I had some bizarre experiences in the house but I just kept chalking it up to new surroundings. After a few years, stuff started to fall apart and my stepfather decided to remodel the bathroom next to my room. He started one day when me and my siblings were in school and stopped when we came home. Everyone went off to do their after school stuff and my stepdad left to go to the hardware store leaving me completely alone.

I was taking a nap when I heard banging noises from the bathroom. I figured it was my step dad and went out to go see if my mom was home yet but there was no one there. So I thought I had been hearing things. I went back to my room and laid back down when I heard what sounded like heavy boots clomping around in there. I looked out the window to see who it could have been but everyone's cars were gone and there was no one home because I checked. I know I did.

I don't live at that house anymore and neither do my older siblings but occasionally my youngest sibling will call and he'll cry about seeing things in his room. He called me a few weeks about the thing in the piano room but I'll start off with my experiences there in my next post.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Serbiansorbet, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
when the place was remodeled did you use any lead based paints? The banging... Well if any walls were opened up it may have let the pipes move more freely. As the cooled and or expanded due to hot or cold water, they could have bannged against something else.
What exact things is he seeing?
Serbiansorbet (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
hobbyholly, The land itself is nothing special. The house was rented on and off for years and I believe that the activity maybe the result of somethings that went on there.
Serbiansorbet (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
Scaryboy, I didn't say it was specificly the remodeling causing it. I looked around the house for anyone that could have caused it and there was no one else home.
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
what!you heard some banging sounds and you are saying it is ghost can't the ghost come through the door. Why would it bang to get your attention. No specific reason behind it. Find it first... Are you saying ghost did it? And what, kimsouthe may be correct remodel your house...
Scary boy
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
I know the belief about remodeling and ghosts but considering the house I live in circa 1886 and all the reconstruction that has gone on you would have thought I would have upset at least one ghost lol. Apparently all the changes have met their approval if they do reside here. Again I have to say the same thing as I do about all experiences that happen when we are asleep or half asleep. They may be a product of our own making. Not saying this is the case for you or your siblings that still live there but it does seem to be a reoccurring theme. Someone is asleep and then they hear stuff. I tend to take things that happened when people are fully awake to have more credibility. Was you younger sibling fully awake when he had his experience? Just curious. Thanks for sharing.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
Remodeling of homes can often 'stir up' paranormal occurances.

I look forward to reading more of your experiences.

God Bless!
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
Do you know anything about the land the house sits on? Have your older siblings seen anything?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: