You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Shadows Lurking In The Kitchen

Real Ghost Stories

Shadows Lurking In The Kitchen

 

This is my personal experience when I was 7. Thinking of it now, I realize that what the elders in our province used to say may be true after all, children of pure innocence can see the unseen.

Our house is a 3-bedroom bungalow where I shared a room with my sister. My bed was located about six steps from the bedroom door and it was positioned in a way where I could easily see what or who was outside, especially in the kitchen next to our bedroom. My sister and I always slept with the door open, so at night before closing my eyes, I would always get a glimpse of the kitchen.

This particular night was something I've never forgotten to this day. I was about to sleep when I thought I saw shadows in our kitchen. There were two, rather small and moved from one kitchen wall to the other. The shadows were moving quite fast, too fast for a normal person but not lightning fast. It seemed to me that they were looking for something in the oven, since I could tell their shadows would always stop there for a few seconds then move again to another part of the kitchen. Oddly, I wasn't hearing any clattering at all.

I wasn't scared, in fact I was curious. At first I thought it could have been my brothers, looking for something to eat. But I realized they couldn't possibly move that fast. So I thought it could be the curtains dancing with the wind, but the movement was so erratic that it was impossible to be curtains. Recalling all the cartoons I've watched as a kid, it occurred to me that they might be dwarves.

I wanted to stand and take a look, so I sat on my bed, mustered the strength, but then something in my mind was telling me not to. So I just sat there for a good minute, looking at our kitchen, watching the shadows as they moved around. My sister might have felt that I was still awake, so she shushed for me to go back to sleep. Being scared of her, I lay down, faced the wall and closed my eyes.

I never found out what or who those shadows were but I never thought it would take 4 years for another experience to bring me back to that night. Well, that's another story.

Other hauntings by Amanthul

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Amanthul, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JBarum (28 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-21)
Kinda funny you aren't scared of the shadows but are scared of your sister. LOL. Sounds like those shadow people... They are always about the size of a cat or small dog and they dart around quickly... Usually just out of sight. (corner of the eye type thing)
Amanthul (3 stories) (9 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
Gee, thanks ghostboy001. And thanks to you too princess and hazzardsyndrome. ❤
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
You are one of my fave story writers I will always look for your stories I would ask more about the shadows but save the suspence
Amanthul (3 stories) (9 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
I had two more experinces about these "beings". I'll write the stories when I have more time on my hands. 😊
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
Hi, great story, have you had any other experiences since then, if you have, please write more, and I will be happy to read them!

Princess123 x ❤
Amanthul (3 stories) (9 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Thanks hazzardsyndrome. I wasn't actually scared watching them. But to tell you the truth, I still somehow hesitated to approach the kitchen because they might be evil-natured.
My next encounter with these "beings" involved my Mom and my Grandmother.
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
ooh, creepy story. You handled it really well, I probably would have dived under the cover and hid!
I'll keep and eye out for your other stories
Take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: