You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Dwarf's Curse

Real Ghost Stories

Dwarf's Curse

 

This is my second experience in our house in the province. It is somehow connected to my other story, "Shadows Lurking in the Kitchen." This happened when I was 11 years old.

My mother always wakes up at dawn, finishing all her chores even before everyone gets up. These chores include watering her plants in the front garden. One morning while she was watering her plants, she thought she saw something move behind the shrubs. She freaked out because she thought it could be a snake, which she's really scared of, so she took her gardening trowel beside her and poked whatever it was in the bush. What came out after was something she never expected. As she told us, it was like a breeze passed through her legs blazing fast that she never even got a clear picture of what it actually was. Thinking that at least it wasn't a snake, she just shrugged it off and ignored what happened.

A few days later, she began itching. First her arms, then it went to her entire torso. Next thing she knew she had red marks all over. We thought she might have eaten something that caused her to have an allergic reaction, so we went to the doctor to have her checked. The doctor gave her medication and a list of food that she had to avoid. We were told the marks would disappear in about a week. But they didn't and the rash got even worse. So we went to Manila and had her undergo an executive check-up. Same results, skin allergy. But this time the doctor said the condition has no immediate cure and would just naturally subside within a maximum of 6 months time. I really can't recall the name of her condition, sorry.

They still gave her medicines to take and it really took a toll on us financially since the medicines were expensive. My Dad's sister found out about my Mom and she suggested that her friend, a "faith healer" who was well known in our province, come and visit us. We're not really believers of faith healers or witch doctors but my Mom is very religious. Thinking there was nothing to lose, we accepted the offer.

It was four months into my Mom's condition when the faith healer came. The first step was to steam my Mom by enveloping her with thick bed sheet while a mixture of hot water and oil was placed below her. Then he went around our house, first inside then out the garden and backyard, while chanting something I couldn't understand. When he came back, he said he knew what happened.

It appears my Mom "hurt" a dwarf, old female dwarf, by hosing it down and poking it. We never told anyone about the incident in the garden so we were surprised how the faith healer knew about it. He said we have to offer prayers and kill a chicken as a gift to the dwarf. So we did. A few days later my Mom started feeling better and all her marks were gone after a week.

We don't know if this was because of the offering or just coincidence since the city doctor said her condition will naturally get better after a few months. Nevertheless, mother never did her gardening so early in the morning and even asked permission from her "dwarf friend" before watering her precious plants from then on.

I, on the other hand, kept thinking if this "dwarf " and the shadow I've seen in the kitchen is one and the same. I never told my family about my story by the way.

Other hauntings by Amanthul

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Amanthul, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-27)
Why don't you CHECK the Profile... Just under the experience title it says...

By: xxxxxx Click on that name and IF the individual filled out their profile you can find their name and maybe even a contact address.

(Hint, Check the comments... The 'experience' may not be as good as you hope... Just saying...)

Respectfully,

Rook
iamkent0818 (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-27)
Hello! This is Kent of I-Juander GMA NewsTV 11! I would like to know who is the author of this story because I would like to feature this in our show ASAP? Please contact me 09278223972 or iamkentugalde [at] gmail.com. Thank you.
edz_smiley (2 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-26)
hello...i'm new in this site...
I believe in your story. I remember when I was still on my elementary days my aunt was brought a private hospital because she was very sick and always vomitting... Until the time she vomitted like almost water because she can't eat anymore. She lose her weight for only a week... My lola was very worried because the medication that the doctor gave werent working and its getting even worst... My lola remembered this witch doctor and look for her and bring this witch doctor in the hospital... When this witch doctor hold the hand of my aunt she angrily told my lola to put my aunt outside of the hospital or elsa she will die. While my lola is asking for the bill the doctor was angry because they can't discharge my aunt because she is not yet ok... While arguing the witch doctor was doing her rituals and burned incense inaround my aunt body... When my lola went to the room of my aunt she was shock when she saw my aunt sitting ob the bed and told her that she is ok and she want to go home brcause she is very tired... The doctor didn't stop them anymore seeing that the patient is already ok and not pale anymore... The witch doctor did not receive the payment my lola gave to her she just ask to have a ride home bit my lola still insisted and she just say thank you...
BlackMurderknot (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-18)
Why does dwarves always so sensitive and overprotective? Even though I don't believe in them, based on the stories I've read they're always like that. Like when you poke them, there's a posibility that they will curse you to die? Uuggghhh 😕
JustSaying (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-21)
love bugs

I know a story related to your first one in the comment and to this one, "Dwarf's Curse"
In the Philippines, I overheard my mom talking to her friend about the friend's daughter. It seemed the daughter had a dwarf friend. She was an outcast. People knew about the dwarf because she would give things to it (say, a pencil) and it would be floating around as if being used. It would also push her on the swings.
twisted_individual (4 stories) (11 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-11)
wow, I remember my cousin, crystal, telling me about dwarfs in the philippines. She also told me about the white lady and a human/cat that would feed off of the fetuses of pregnant women. Do you know of any myths in the philippines? If you do please share:)

Thanks for the story!

Maricel
Silene02 (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-18)
Hello there! I liked your story very much because I had problems with one creature like that and at the beginning I thought it was probably all product of my own imagination but people around me (even people that didn't know about this) started to experience things. This creatures (duendes) if you offend them they can become a real problem as I had... I will tell my story an other time for you.
lovebugs (3 stories) (31 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
you have a great story, I believe in such beings, though I neven encountered them, I still believe that such beings exist.

RELATED STORY:

My aunt told us a story of her friend who has a 7 years old daughter. Her daughter was said to have a dwarf friend. The dwarf was a white one and it brought great luck to the family. The daughter would sometimes seen in the back of the door whispering and laughing with the dwarf. It was said that only the girl could see the dwarf no one else but her.

Another story:
One of our neighbors was said to be cursed by her former chinese applicant. I forgot the reason why but our family (my mom particularly) helped them to get her cured. They brought her to the hospital to checked her up but no problem was found. They brought her to another or 2 other different hospitals but still nOthing was found. They finally consult her to a faith healer. To make the story short, the faith healer got her cured. After that he saw dwarves near our parking lot (we have a garage but we prefer to park our van across the street) our parking lot has a lot of grass and some other plants. The faith healer pointed to another place near our house (I forgot the place, sorry for that) and said that there's a dwarf living in it. It's a good thing, we never felt or seen them.
Amanthul (3 stories) (9 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-17)
Thanks for the trivia exorcist! And to AshleyHalliwell, thanks for reading my story. Here in the Philippines, fairies are not that part of our culture and beliefs unlike dwarves or demonic creatures. What we have closely related to fairies are what we call "diwata" or guardian sprits of nature. They're resembled as beautiful women with long flowy hair and they reside mostly in the forests not in homes or gardens. =D
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-17)
Well it could've been some kind of a fairie. I'm not very familiar with Philippine belifes, but at least your mom got better. Thank the little dwarf for that. 😊
cthullu (10 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
Wow.I might not ever look at the short kid at school the same ever again thanks I just got used to him.
exorcist (2 stories) (2 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
Interesting story, Amanthul.

Speaking as a fellow Filipino, perhaps it would help if I explained what we mean when we use the word "dwarf" or "dwarves." We don't mean the ones that dreamergal72 mentions being on Little People, Big World. Those are real people that have dwarfism. Nothing supernatural about them.

The supernatural "dwarf" comes from the Spanish "duende". They're usually connected to folklore and mythology, very much like the Irish leprechaun. Unlike with the leprechaun, I'm not exactly sure if you could convince the duende to give you gold should you capture one. Maybe you'll get rashes for your trouble like Amanthul's mom.

Bit of (maybe useless) trivia: In the early days of Philippine cinema, they made movies about the duende, and they hired people with dwarfism to play the role of the mischievous (that's how they were sometimes portrayed) creatures.
Amanthul (3 stories) (9 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
Yes I'm from the Philippines. They have a lot of beliefs here, specially in our province. It is said that dwarfs dwell in termite hills, that's why our neighbors never destroy it if they find one in their yards. But for us, since we're not really strong believers (though we never dismiss the possibility), we actually destroy these hills when we find one in our yard. Thanks for reading my story guys! 😊
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
wow, I have never really heard a dwarf story before. This is really interesting though. So you're in the Philippines? I've seen a couple of videos of "dwarfs" that I think were recorded there, they were pretty convincing too.
Thanks for sharing 😊
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
I doubt the dwarf would carry a grudge, especially after you pleased iot with the chicken. Intresting story though.
Amanthul (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
I'm still skeptical myself. It could still be a coincidence but somehow I can't fully dismiss the fact that it's highly likely "unnatural" as well, specially with how these two stories weave with my Aunt's experience. I'll share that to you guys probably next week.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
hmm, Dwarf? I had seen human dwarfs all my life People who born as drawfs as like you know little people in big world on tv show. Hmm. Most had been something eles that magic or something that smallest then dwarfs. I am not saying I don't believe you and I do just kind of hard words to think of.:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: