You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Best Friend - Ivy

Real Ghost Stories

My Best Friend - Ivy

 

My name's Tara and I'm scared.

About 5 years ago, my mommy's best friend, Ivy, passed away but before that, she was also my best friend. Ever since she died, some strange things has been happening during these past few years, although they've stopped now, the feeling that I experienced those years will never leave my body. I was in Thailand during my school's summer vacation when my mommy called me to tell me the bad news. I cried my eyes out. I came back after a few weeks to visit her grave. I wore a black dress, gave her a red rose; just about everything. As I stood there staring at her grave stone, I wondered how life would be different after this.

That's when everything changed. A few days later, I was half awake when I heard my mommy call for me in my room. She said, "Tara, please help me," and I thought she wanted help with groceries or something, but I feel asleep, she never called me back. I got up around noon time and went to see her in her room and I asked her what she needed help for, but she told me she wasn't even in the house and had arrived a few minutes before I woke up. I thought it was pretty strange, but maybe it might have been a silly dream or something.

A few weeks later, things got even weirder. My mommy buys statues from Thailand and keeps them in the living room for show. At night, I remember going to get some milk when I heard something fall and break, I turned around and saw that there was a statute of a lady broken, coincidentally, Ivy had gotten this for my mommy in Thailand as a birthday gift, a few years before. I told my mommy and she took care of it, the strange thing was, after she left with the pieces, the statue next to it; which was sister of the other one, had fallen and broken as well. But as my mommy looked at this one, we both realized it wasn't broken as much and we decided to piece them together in the morning.

The next day as my mommy and I were piecing the statue back together, I noticed that there was a missing piece. The weird thing was that the missing part was the heart piece that apparently bounded the two statues together. I still didn't think of it as anything even though it was pretty strange.

The next few months, the same thing kept happening, and that was when I became very suspicious and I knew there must be something going on for the same thing to keep happening a billion times afterward.

About three years after, I was yard working outside and I saw what appeared to be a piece of marble. I picked it up and I saw that it was the missing piece to the statue. What was even stranger was that the statue was inside our house. I told my mother about the events and she also started freaking out just as I was. The sound of strange a voice that sounded like my mother but wasn't and items breaking. So I decided to visit Ivy's grave again and ask her what was going on. I guess...

I'll never really know for sure.

Everything stopped happening after that, I'm kind of glad, but all of a sudden, I feel so lonely. It was as if what was scaring me, was my best friend.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Reqless, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

awsomestpersonalive (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-21)
just tto say I think ivy missed you and was trying to contact you but you whernt reading the contacts right like when that statue broke she was probly telling you she missed you and her heart was broken that was why the heart peace was missing and I beet ivys moved on now (by that I mean gone to heaven) but, I think by calling your name she was trying to have you relive some of the good days well I guess that's it and I beet ivys watching you from heaven


celeste
ghosthuntermk2 (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-20)
that storys sad I recently lost my nana but you know that even now there not with us there always remembed my us and just keep in your mind that although she was your best friend she would never want you to be scared 😊
angelboo424 (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-20)
Don't be afraid, I believe Ivy was just trying to let you know that she is still there and get your attention.
My sister in law passed away some years back and she did some similar stuff. I was so happy to know that she was able to come back over to this side and let me know she is still around me. Please let us know if anything else starts to happen again

Hugs,
Joanne

Www.myangelspeak.com
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-20)
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am a little confused, if this all happened a couple of years ago and has stopped then why are you so afraid? You said that everything stopped after you visited your friends grave again. Has anything else occured that has frightened you? Please keep us updated. God bless. 😊
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
Really weird experience, since you say she was such a good friend... I don't understand why would she do things like breaking the statuts. Well may be she had something that she wanted to convey befor she actually moved on to abetter place... Not sure!

Logan
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
No need to fear in this case. It was a lovely gesture on the part of "Ivy'. Celestial Visits are a way of expressing Love, concern, your need to re-connect. You will always carry "Ivy" within your heart. Keep the experience as a warm memory. No need to wonder...
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
Perhaps the spirit of Ivy, was visiting you and your mother. I have one theory about the broken marble in the yard.

Please don't take this the wrong way. When things that are so fragile break, there are lots of pieces. Perhaps the "missing" piece of marble got lost under a table, or scattered somewhere else. With that "lost" piece somewhere in the house, maybe it got stuck to someone's shoe or belongings and came off in the yard.

Did you ever feel harmed or unsafe? I'd imagine uneasy. At any rate, I would see it as you and your mother's friend "visiting you".

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: