You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Soviet Soldier's Ghost Is Basically My Best Friend

Real Ghost Stories

Soviet Soldier's Ghost Is Basically My Best Friend

 

I'm a 23-year-old guy from Finland, Lapland. I'm skinny and quite small, having long blond hair and a lot of piercings. Trust me, this will be important.

Where I live, it's in the middle of a forest, the closest neighbor is miles away. I had some weird things happen in my house, like, random cups of tea would appear in the weirdest places, and I don't even drink tea.

In 2017, I was super anti-social and had super bad anxiety, but one day, I woke up happy and feeling social. But as soon as my Mom came to visit me, I felt mad at her, which never happened! After she left, I felt hands gently holding my waist, like a hug, that freaked me out, since I hate being touched. My family is Wiccan, so, I thought it was Hercules getting mad. But, anything I did, I would still feel like I was getting touched. After I came out as gay, the touches only got worse. I started to hear some voice behind me, talking in Russian.

This whole thing stopped for one year since 2019, everything got back. But, I started seeing glances of some tall, 7'1 guy with a uniform, walking around my house or in my mirror. I was freaked out but as days went on, I started seeing the figure more clearly. Now, this was a guy, nice and clean, blond hair, blue eyes. I asked it questions via Ouija board, and it only answered two out of like, a million. He told his name and age, his name was Vladim, and he died when he was only 22. As the months went by, I got used to him, I understood his voice, yet it's still really quiet and echoey. He would compliment me, warn me about stuff, calm me down, and eventually, aka, today, told me what happened to him.

This all sounds crazy, I've gone to therapists and doctor, yet I'm still not diagnosed with any kind of disorders. I've told my dad, whose family has dealt with all kinds of ghosts and spirits, and he told me to just accept it, not to anger it.

He has told me that I look like his best friend from when he was in the war, which is why he likes to hang around me, it is weird, as I look really edgy and stuff.

I guess I'll be updating this, while I'm writing this, Vladim is sitting across me, watching me with a bit of disappointment.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FinnyFinn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

InTheNight (2 stories) (34 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-06-19)
Given his behavior and the opinions of other people around there, do not let Vladim know about the comments. However, a russian guy who died in ww2 understanding english seems unlikely. Still you should be careful.

Is your house near any area where there was a big battle or something else significant? How do you communicate with Vladim, do you know russian? Have you identified the rank of the uniform? Did he talk about when or how he died, was it against Finns or against Germans?

You should be careful about him. He seems like he's being possessive about you. Staring and stalking doesn't sound very friendly, and the possibility that he was the one trying to drive a wedge between you and your mother. There's also the fact that he's a soviet (and over seven feet is a very unnatural height).

Somebody here suggested that he might be tricking you and/or trying to possess you. Does he have other physical resemblance to you beside hair color? In what way is he touching you? Does he spend all day staring at you?

If I was being stalked and touched by a russkie ghost, i'd get somebody to get rid of him.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+7
4 years ago (2020-05-01)
Sorry Fin, I need to clarify something.

Greenwitchx3, are you charging money for the guidance you offer?
I'm naturally a cynical person and I've noticed a pattern in your postings in that you offer help, which is great. But normally on this forum help is given/suggested within the comment, and not withheld. If help is withheld it's for reasons of sensitive subject matter, privacy concerns etc, and taken via email at the OP's request.
I like a lot of what you've said to people, so I hope you're not using this forum to bolster calls to a hotline (I remember the phone number debacle), as doing so would be in poor taste and reflect horribly on this website as a whole.

(I decided not to post this query on one of my own posts lest this be successfully ignored, and an actual business/scam. Perhaps replying on on one of my posts would be a nice place to discuss this without clogging the comments of this new experience.)
GreenWitchx3 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-01)
Hi. I am happy this is a positive experience for you. I am also a pagan and I would possibly try to help your friend cross over and cleanse the space. Not to be rid of him but because he needs to cross over and continue his journey. I can help you and guide you through that. Blessed be.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-04-30)
Wow, I find myself disappointed in the entire forum on this one.

Finny, as your father seems to know what's going on, and your family are experienced with these things, I didn't sense any danger while reading your narrative. Of course ouija boards are to be taken with caution and I assumed that's what you're doing.
I got the impression the anger you felt towards your mother had nothing to do with this ghost but was connected to something in the past which was/is playing on your subconscious.
If you remind the ghost of a wartime friend it may be more about your personality rather than appearance. If it's related to your appearance, if you have a lot of piercings for example, this may remind the ghost of early prosthetics, ww2 (early) plastic surgery. Or any tattoos or piercings may remind the ghost of some scarring his friend had.

As for the ouija board, well, my husband collects them, and we use one sometimes. We always cleanse and protect the board before and after, close the session etc. We've never had anything bad happen that was connected to the ouija. I spend time on this forum telling inexperienced people to leave it alone. But that said, as long as someone knows what they're doing, I personally don't have any objections to ouija board use. But I think most people on this forum have simply never encountered a good use for the bloody thing.
(Just calling it as I see it folks)

If you like his company that's great. But I'd like to suggest making some clear boundaries. Lonely ghosts can get very needy and it's important you both benefit from one another. Don't let it get one sided.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-04-29)
Hi FinnyFinn, welcome to YGS. Due to my bad experience (and of others), I have been advising people that it is better that we avoid using Ouija Board. Because we don't know what is on the other side of the realm. And as Alina asked you, please do tell when you started seeing the entity, before or after your use of OB. Further, you don't know if it is the same entity that communicated with you through OB.

And the spirits that initially communicate with you nicely need not necessarily be good. They may be malicious also.

As lady-glow advised, try to take some expert's help to ward-off the entity. I think it is not what it portrays itself to you. I find something sinister about it.

Again please don't use OB and communicate with this or any other spirit.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-27)
There is a frame of reference in your story involving Wicca that confuses me. I do not understand the reference to Hercules. Is it relevant to this story? If it is, then please explain it so I can digest the rest of this story.
wednesdayS (4 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-04-27)
Very interesting story. I don't see any cause for alarm or mental illness based on what you wrote. I do hope you both enjoy one another for whatever it's worth! Thanks for sharing:)
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2020-04-26)
Hello FinnyFin,

I respect your emotions. But I'll suggest unless you figure out the true intentions of this entity or even any entity, you should maintain distance.

I would like to ask a few questions regarding the Soviet entity.

Did you see him in the mirror before communicating with it through Ouija board or after doing so?

If you did before, then are you sure the entity which you saw and the one you're communicating with are the same?

I'm actually not in favour of communicating with any creature of the other world via Ouija Board without the supervision of an expert. But since you already did...
I'll now say only my understanding of the situation.

"As soon as my mom came to visit me I felt mad at her which never happened. After she left, I gently felt a hand hugging my waist like a hug, I freaked out"

Ok, so I believe whatever this entity was, it didn't wanted your mom to stay with you, and since you have said that never meant to happen, the entity somehow took a toll on your emotions causing you to be mad at her. It makes me suspect the intention of this entity further.

You know, spirits are generally tricksters, they try to make you feel ease in their presence to get a proper hold of your mental state. That's how possession works. I have read this thing in an article.


"Vladim is sitting across me watching me with a bit of disappointment"

This sounds to me a little shady of your best friend. He does not seem to like the fact that you're sharing things regarding him.

I hope he don't cause you any harm because of this.

It's a humble request since most of the comments are not favouring this entity I would appreciate if you can possibly reply to these comments far from the vicinity of your best friend.

Peace
Dreyk (9 stories) (27 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-26)
Interesting story. You said the presence was speaking in Russian. Do you know what it was saying? You said you've seen a figure in a uniform. You know it's a Soviet uniform? I'm assuming you mean from WWII, as Finland was part of the Russian Empire until 1917. There really was no cohesive uniform during the Civil War from 1917 to the late 1920's...

It definitely sounds dark and I agree with lady-glow, don't encourage interactions.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+7
4 years ago (2020-04-26)
I completely disagree with your father's advice and with trying to communicate with Vladim via OB, you don't know if he is something else with intentions darker than friendship.

Even if he seems nice, he doesn't belong in this plane and shouldn't be allowed to control your life.

You should consider telling him to leave you alone and to ask for religious help sending him away.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: