You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Dead Woman In The Wall

Real Ghost Stories

Dead Woman In The Wall

 

This is a story my student told me. It is essentially not a ghost encounter but it's on the same scale of the paranormal and I truly believe it. About myself, I am foreign expat who works and lives in Beijing, China. I have been to many countries around the globe, especially in Asia; I like to visit new places and gather information about the locals and try to learn something about foreign cultures. I also had a great share of unexplainable things during my time as an expat. I never forced it but somehow these things always came across me. The story I am about to tell changed my whole perspective on paranormal things as well as on people in general.

For more then 4 years I have been in China. I have found a job as an English teacher, which is an alright occupation in this country.

Let me tell you the story:

Well I had a student last year, a 17 year old kid named Yoshua, who became very quickly a friend type figure of mine simply because he was smart, sophisticated and interested in the western culture and language. I sadly cannot recall his Chinese name which bugs me but anyway. It is weird in china, often you cannot tell what people think about you, every expat can tell you that much about the Chinese culture. Chinese are so different from western people...

Still me and Yoshua came along just fine, though the age and cultural difference was a bit of a problem from time to time. I am about 11 years older then him and it was more like a typical teacher and student relationship. We didn't hang out together or anything like that; still some could say we were friends. I also met his parents once.

But back to the story

I can remember sometime around spring-summer 2008 shortly before the Olympic Games Yoshua came to my class as usual. At about 3:30 in the afternoon, me and him were the only ones in the classroom, I asked how it was going and tried to ask him the usual questions (oral English teachers try to get into conversations with their students). He interrupted rather promptly to tell me something that happened to his father's friend (the father's friend had a terrible experience that he shared with yoshuas family just 2 days before school) this is the story I am about to tell...

I said ok tell me what happened and Yoshua immediately responded with sentences like "you are not going to believe it, I am so sure of it and so on" I interrupted and said, "Just tell me what happened". Ok he said and he continued.

Apparently Yoshua's father's friend bought a new Apartment near Youanli which is near Tianmen Square which is pretty much in the center of Beijing (some foreign expats here maybe heard of the place, it is near the 2nd ring road). As a side note, Chinese people don't like to rent places, they tend to buy apartments.

Interesting enough the place was dead cheap; 6000 Yuan for a square meter, the housing prices around this area are usually around 15000 upwards. Considering that the housing prices in Beijing at that time were skyrocketing, it was even weirder that this place came by so cheap.

"I bought myself a big flat with my wife together at the far west of Beijing and I have to pay 1500000 Yuan in total, each installment costs me 5000 Yuan a month and it's still going:) ".

The guy was of course delighted at first. He moved in with wife and his 4 year old son. Everything seemed to be normal when suddenly the son of that man started to act abnormally near the living room. There was nothing wrong with the room but the child kept on crying and screaming as soon as he came near to that room. The man was of course worried about him and tried to find a solution for a problem. As in so many cases they took the kid to the doctor and strangely enough there was nothing wrong to be found with the kid.

The father and the mother of the boy were worried that it might be a psychological problem but the grandparents of the boy insisted to consult a Fengshui master.

Side note" it is really complicated to describe this kind of science, it is the science of nature, deals with chi which means good and bad energy, yin and yang etc. Please check Wikipedia for further information on the subject. We can assume it might be equivalent to our geomancers or shamans"

After some consideration the parents of the boy gave it a try, the fact that the deep rooted respect for Chinese culture still persists in the minds of almost all Chinese people didn't' t make it a tough call anyway. My wife actually did the same when we moved in.

Back to the story.

As soon as the geomancer arrived, He instantly noticed that something was "not good" about that living room, so he used some devices (like the fengshui wheel) to gather enough info to discuss the next step. Meanwhile the little boy who behaved so abnormal before moved to the grandparent's house for precaution. The Fengshui master finally decided that the wall between the living room and the dining room (that what was told to me, I don't recall the direct outlook of the apartment) must be torn down. Fair enough, said the boy's father who told the story to Yoshua's family. So after the geomancer left, the friend of Yushuas father decided to call some worker to tear this wall down (If a geomancer says so usually there a no questions asked).

The workers came by the apartment a few days later and the father of the little boy was the first one to scrap off the wallpaper...

What they found is something that can be best described as bizarre and horrible. I couldn't believe that myself at first. The workers found loose bricks behind the wallpaper stacked up onto each other; I mean they were loose... No cement between them. They started to pull out each brick one by one until they saw a plastic bag behind those brick layers, a terrible stench arouse from it and from this point on I felt sick because I already had some kind of dark sense of foreboding what is about to happen.

I was telling myself WTF... In capital letters. Well the workers opened up the bag and FOUND A DEAD WOMAN MOORED INTO THE WALL... I mean wtf, this is terrible and beyond comprehension!

The end of the story was that the pre owner of that apartment killed his wife and moored her into the wall, he wanted to sell the apartment as quick as possible and get out of there quickly and that explains the low price of the apartment. The police came later and took him into custody etc.

What is astounding about this story is not the cruel murder that happened; it was the little boy, without him nobody would have even noticed.

Don't ask me what that is, I heard about the third eye that young children possess (the third eye is referred to term of seeing of feeling paranormal activities like ghost, demons, portals etc.) but I never found any truth to this until Yoshua told me that story.

I consider myself a semi-believer now, though at that moment I was really skeptical but I asked my student if he was telling the truth and to be honest he told me some pretty nasty family secrets before this event.

I mean he was very open to me and he never made a scam or lied to me in any way. I also talked to the father of the little boy just to confirm the whole story. He gave me even more insight to it and told me some disgusting details about the decomposition of the body so on... Stuff that doesn't really add to the overall experience.

Quite frankly I don't care much if people believe me or not, many of my friends say "wow" but are nor really willing to accept it.

I am no liar, I do not need to lie about it, and I also don't want to claim any fame here on this board. I just want to know the truth, I read so many stories here and they have lots of things in common.

Maybe you can explain to me what happened to the kid, how did he sense it. I don't know. It is almost like a bad horror movie but it actually happened and it still confuses the hell out of me.

Nikki

P.S. Sorry for some spelling mistakes, I might be a good oral English teacher but my writing is in fact horrible. I am also a German so that might also be a reason. Forgive me please.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Venkman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MrsSigler (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-14)
Poor kiddo! I truely believe children can see & hear what older people cannot.
Thanks for sharing this story, it's one of my favorite now.
Cheers,
KBS
loveyoubebe (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-12)
Have the four year old boy loose any teeth yet, if he hasn't that explains a lot because babies that hasn't loose teeth yet tends to see ghost. Or probably he has the sixth sense, being able to see, hear, and talk to ghost. By the way, why did her kill her? And why didn't he just bury her? And also, I watched an asian movie like this one, where the husbands had a girlfriend, but the wife was mad and had a fight with the girlfriend. The girlfriend was on the top of the stairs while the wife was on the very bottom, the girlfriend tripped and die at the bottom of the stairs. Then the wife hid her behind a wall and anyone who has the girlfriend's phone number as his or her's then, they won't last long because when the girlfriend died, her phone rang suddenly and the wife didn't care to answer. It was kind of a scary movie though. And thank you for sharing this story.
Desir3 (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-13)
wow this creeped me out, poor woman though... Omg.
Thanks for sharing this story, I really liked it and do believe it aswell. 😁
gelen (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-30)
in my culture we have a belief that a child can see spirits/ghost etc before they lose their first tooth.
shiversdownmyspine (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-28)
it is a good story and wheneva I read it it sends shivers down my spine;P but seriously it was really freaky.
I agree with you on the term that small kids do have a third eye and are able to see and sense things
Which adults cant. A really good story. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Ko0chieMcSnatch (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
Holy Christ... How come they couldn't smell the body before? Wouldn't it have stunk up the house? My extended family lives in Shan dong but we have cousins that live in Beijing, and when I visited weird stuff happened not quite ghostly but strange enough. Thanks for Sharing this story!
Aliinna (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
That would be so scary. I would move out soooo
Fast.It wold be worse if they didn't know it was in there.
aherr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-22)
Very interesting story. I really don't care about other people's grammar as long I understand what they are writing.
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
No wonder that place was so cheap O-O
I would've been terrified O-O I'd move out right away for sure.
Feng Shui sure does sound accurate o-O
Also, your english was perfect:p
MalfoyMC (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
cool I'm German too. And that is a really great story. I have never heard that one before. It was really interesting:) Thanks for posting!
blackrose149 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
Children are very sensetive to the paranormal! That was a great story, and I believe you. It's really sad that the man put the woman in the wall, sad and scary! ❤
frenchpoet (10 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
Yoshi,

What...? That was uncalled for. Did you even bother reading through the entire story?

I thought it was a great story and I believe you. It's pretty morbid also. I'm glad they caught the man! And yes, it's true that children are sensitive to the paranormal. =] I hope to read from you again!
kwghost (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-05)
wow...wat a story... I believe I'm a little late to coming to this story by nonetheless its an extremely GOOD one... Who would think that they would find a body at the wall? Well... Good on the cat and serves the culpit right to be caught... Your english is good and as far as I can tell... Its impressive... Oh and do you speak chinese?
Gun_Gun_Trio (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
First off, your english is better then some americans that I've seen. And second, children do seem to be more susceptible to the paranormal then adults. I suppose the reason for this is because they are more willing to believe then we are.
BlackKitty7 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Well, most of the good fengshui masters have knowledge in the paranormal area. Also what I want to say is that the fengshui weel is really a compass. It can sense electromagnetic fields, and would turn and move like crazy or freeze when close to a strong field. Probably the thing turned like crazy when put close to the wall, and that is why he suggested the wall to be turned down.
moonlight (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
Great story, I have never been out of the USA. That is sad that the man killed his wife ant put her in the wall. I watch a lot of stories on tv and sounds like one I had watched. IM not sure about the kids what they can and cannot see are feel, but this is a great reading for me, thanks
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-01)
I'm not inclined to doubt the story. I was in Asia for awhile too, and saw some damn strange things. But one thing that I took back to the states with me was a respect for real FengShui masters (not to the idiots stateside who buy a book at Barnes and Nobles and declare themselves a master after three months). Those old guys are the real thing, and they have definitely clued into energies in ways that most of us cannot, or are not trained to do. The master who detected the dead woman in the wall probably didn't know the particulars, but I have no doubt detected something very wrong. Besides, had he been able to nail specifics of the corpse's presence, that could have been problematic for him, legally... The cops would have been very interested in how he knew so much detail.

Thanks for posting this incident.
asande1979 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-01)
wow, this is awful for a family to go through. And it amazing to hear that children are vulnerable to those kinds of things. My daughter does not like her bedroom, and has been sleeping on the couch because she was so scared of it, and I do not know why. Now I think there can be a reason.
MattM (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-01)
Usually, children and animals have been known to sense things that adults can't. Why? Probably because they are young and they don't have a lot on their minds. I heard rumors that people who think too much or our too involved in things going on in there lives have a harder time sensing paranormal activities. Great story, though. Usually, something like this would creep me out a little, but after playing video games such as Silent Hill, I've pretty much grew an immunity towards being scared easily. I'm sure that dead woman must be happier now that her bastard of a husband is going to pay for his crime.
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-28)
Great story, I really liked it. That's pretty gruesome though 😐 I've always thought kids could percieve more than adults.
hitman8459 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-28)
Wow that's kind of weird how the feng shui guy knew about it. Did he say anything about a dead body?
Angel1 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-28)
I do believe that children can see spirits because they have pure souls. I used to see a sinister spirit when I was 5 until the age of 9.I strangely remember it very well with those demonic eyes.
The woman's spirit must have shown itself to the boy.
Venkman (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-28)
the example with the dog is not bad, they can sense spirits also from a mile away happenend to me in thailand, the dogs were barking at nothing but thin air but of course there is mroe to it.
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
I don't think anyone wants to believe that someone could murder someone and then shove them in a wall, maybe that is why everyone is reluctant to believe you. My son is a lot more sensitive then me, the odd thing is that as he gets older the less and less he seems to see even though he lives in with parents that are very open minded.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
Venkman--Perhaps if a dog had sniffed out what no human could sniff, you'd have more ease in believing in extra (human) sensory perceptions?
How do we explain that some people can draw well and others can't?
You wonder how such things can happen? Have scientists really explained how humans think at all?
Gifts come differently in various packages.
Kt10930 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
Yes its a well known fact that children are more sensative to the spirit world and posess this "third eye", like my own published ghost story, "Little Girl And The Ambulance".
Venkman (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
yeah that was what I was thinking, I heard lots of rumours of it and in fact it's it is not the first I heard of this kind but this is the only one I can really confirm to be actually true. In china people are very superstitous, ghosts are big part of their culture but sadly there are too many urban myths floating around that destroy the credibility of most stories. I guess in china 1% of all the stories I have heard are true. This story was the one percent. HOWEVER I had a weird encounter by myself while I lived in Thailand, I will share it in the next few days.
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
wow, chilling stuff. Great story though, that must have been such a horrible find... At least they got the apartment cheap! 😉
Thanks for sharing
celtcharm (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
Venkman, thanks for shareing that great experience! I have read about and heard about similar experiences. Some people think that the murdered person's spirit is not at peace and there for reaches out to those who can sense it. The murderer needed to be brought to justice and perhaps the child was an instrument used to bring justice to this horrible situation. I enjoyed reading your experience. Thank you and welcome to YGS! Peace, Celtcharm

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: