You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Dead Friend Visited Me

Real Ghost Stories

My Dead Friend Visited Me

 

One of my closest friends died in a freak accident a few years back. We had an extremely close bond despite only knowing each other a couple of years. I believe that this bond has transcended his death. I've had several unexplained experiences involving him since then. Here is my latest:

I moved from the Midwest to Arizona earlier this year, and being so far from home, I naturally experienced some bizzare dreams and sleep patterns due to the stress of the move. This dream was different though. The first couple of weeks in my new place I found it easier to fall asleep on my new couch with the TV on. I put something random on Hulu or Netflix and fall asleep to it. This particular night, I checked the time before I fell asleep, it was 2:00am.

Suddenly, I found myself sitting on the patio of a bar we used to frequent back home, facing my deceased friend. He looked as he always did in real life; jovial and confident with a cigarette in hand and cold Budweiser in front of him. I remember breathing in the menthol and distinct cold wetness of a Chicago fall. And because of this, I knew somehow I was home and it's really him. We sit and chat like old times, I can't remember the details of our conversation but he was happy and I felt distinctly he was there to check in on me.

The weirdest part came when I woke up. I felt like someone was jostling my shoulder but I live alone. And when I jolted awake, it was only 2:30am. But it had felt like several hours had passed. Even weirder, the TV was off. A brand new TV. Fallen asleep many times since then to the TV, it hasn't turned off by itself once. I really feel that he came to me that night. Instead of waking up afraid I woke up feeling loved and grateful. So happy to see my friend again and know that he is proud of me and thinking of me still in the beyond.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Newintown, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jennilou87 (6 stories) (19 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-05-08)
I'm crying after reading this... My friend was killed back in 2013 and I get the odd visit from him, he also comes to me in dreams. I've posted about him here.

It's great when they visit isn't it? Letting you know they're still there...
TravisCannabis (69 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-04-26)
My condolences for your loss. So wonderful to see your buddy again. My grandma always said that death people come to visit through our dreams. So sad your friend died 😭 😭
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2020-04-21)
Hello Newintown, welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing. It is easier for the spirits to communicate through dreams. But in your case, the jostling of shoulders and turning the TV off were the signs of your friend making you know his presence.

Great narrative. Thanks again for sharing with us.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
MrsRamsay (guest)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-15)
What a wonderful gift! I absolutely believe in this, and have had it happen to me on more than one occasion.

My Dad was killed in Vietnam when I was a girl. We never got the reunion, but in my dreams, at least a dozen times growing up, I ran to him and he enveloped me in his arms and I just cried while he told me everything was ok. I would wake up crying. The emotional impact of these kinds of dreams is very, very real.

When my cousin died, I woke up dreaming of him laying in a bed that was made out of metal. My impression is, lots of things were rusty around him. He looked at me and said, "Everything is going to be all right now." My late husband was in the doorway, just...waiting. I woke up and was so profoundly moved with emotion I called my boyfriend overseas to tell him about the dream. I went to work, it was an extraordinarily dreary day (I remember thinking), and when I got home there was a message on my answering machine that my cousin had died. In his garage. He was laying on a rusty metal can (one of those big popcorn containers). I didn't find out about the can until about ten years later, but it explained my impression that things were "rusty"! I don't consider myself to have abilities, I just think over the years you cannot help but note and listen!
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-04-14)
It is my opinion that we can access other dimensions of existence through our dreams. I really want to believe (somehow I do) that your friend contacted you in your dream. I have had dreams about deceased friends and relatives. Somehow, I feel that this is a "safer" way to communicate with the deceased rather than through ghostly visitations or other methods.
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-04-12)
Hello Newintown,

I had done my major in psychology and even often a times a professor in our thesis lab had discussed with us this theory that whenever we have a dream regarding our deceased loved ones, somehow their soul is in our close proximity which sends us altered vibration which impacts our dreams. He was a very spiritual person and according to him the bond which a person shares in the living world transforms as energy in its soul form which it uses to communicate with the living. It's a fun theory not an obvious one to rely on. It was long time ago, but I still believe his words are true.

I enjoyed reading your story. Thank you for sharing.

May God bless you!

Peace
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-12)
Newintown - Every now and then we meet very special people. I think of it as bonding of the souls. They aren't always relatives, neither are they always people we have known for a lifetime.

I'll probably be bashed by a few people for what I am now about to say: You were probably very close to this person in a previous lifetime. I have had more than one unforgettable experience in that regard, which obviously I can't go into here.

Of course it's just as possible that this friend of yours has decided to "hang around" for a while because you wish he were still here and you need his presence and his caring.

Very realistic dream and very interesting.

Regards, Melda
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-04-11)
Hi Newintown--I believe you were indeed visited by your friend in your dream. A visitation dream leaves a permanent impression that a "normal" dream simply doesn't.

My mom visited me in a dream soon after she died. Unlike a typical dream, I could feel the breeze, felt her hugging me, could feel her when I hugged her back and the colors of the world around us were vibrant and clear. Like you, I can't remember the conversation I had with her but know it centered around comforting me with the knowledge she would remain always somewhere near.

Your friend proved he's just that by paying you such a special visit, one in which you were actually communicating with him. As anyone who has a visitation dream knows, the only thing it has in common with a standard dream is that you're asleep when it occurs. Upon awakening though, unlike a mere dream, the visitation dream will remain as vivid as the night the dreamer dreamed it. Thanks for sharing your uplifting account.
VeronicaMarie (5 stories) (106 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-11)
Newintown, I've heard that visitation dreams like the one you had have something very different about them, compared to regular dreams. They don't become hazy over time, for one thing. And there's a normalcy in them that is often lacking in regular dreams. Coupled with your shoulder being jostled and the TV turning itself off, I really do feel that your friend actually visited you. I am so glad that happened for you. But also so very sorry for your loss.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-04-11)
Welcome to YGS.

Newintown.

This is a fascinating experience. Visitations from our departed loved ones during a dream are very common; I'm glad you didn't try to 'reason' against your feelings and discarded this wonderful encounter as only a dream.
In my opinion, turning off the TV was his way to tell you that he really was present at your place.

You are blessed having a friend like him.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: