You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Daddy's Home... To Stay? 4

Real Ghost Stories

Daddy's Home... To Stay? 4

 

My goodness... It has been almost a year since my father has passed away. His antics have slowed down in number, but not in the intensity. We are still in the renovation stage of the house and I am sure that this is still causing him unrest. The first major change of the house was to pour a new garage floor. In order to do this, we had to remove my father's work bench that he had built. It was about 20 feet long and solid wood. I tried to take it out in one piece, but he had built it so solid, that I eventually had to chain saw it out. About 20 minutes AFTER I had chain sawed it out (not during the process!), I heard water running. Not a drip, not a full pressure flow, but a steady stream of water running. I went to investigate and found that one of the pipes to the outside water tap had burst and was leaking. Now this may not seem too out of the ordinary, except that that water service was turned completely off at the source! A full 3 gallons of water came out of that pipe that could only hold a few cup fulls. After about 1/2 hour, it stopped completely with no adjustment to the shut off valve. If you have read my other stories, it does appear that my father has a thing for playing with water!

During the last year, most of the experiences have been "normal". Knocking on the walls, banging on the pipes (when no one was using the plumbing) cigarette smoke, etc. This was the case until about 2 weeks ago.

2 weeks ago, I started the major renovation of the basement bathroom. I used several power tools all day (sander, drill, vacuum, etc). At the end of the day, I decided to watch some television downstairs. At 11:30 at night, I heard three distinct bangs on the fireplace chimney. This scared me... And I ran to the bedroom to get under the covers. Apparently our renter also heard these bangs and thought we had started working again. The next day, I started work again with all the power tools. Again at night, I decided to watch television downstairs. At exactly 11:30...three distinct bangs on the fireplace chimney... This time I knew that it was not an intruder, so I decided to finish watching my show... Bad decision! After my show, I went to bed. At 2:30 in the morning, both my dogs were jumping around on the bed. I thought "Great, they need to go outside to do their business!" As I got them up and walked out into the family room, I heard a "crunch". Then, "crunch, crunch,crunch, crunch...etc". It was the sound of footsteps in the snow outside. They went on for at least 30 seconds, and the sound went from the east side of the house, right over to the west side... 60 feet. Again, I was terrified. I suspected that there was a trespasser at on the property. I waited until they stopped and went outside.

The dogs were very anxious to go out, but I made them stay. As soon as I was able to determine that there was no one out there, I let the dogs out. They just bolted. They ran out the door, and ran towards the barn. They ran and ran and ran... Round and round and round. I have never seen them with so much energy, let alone at 2:30 in the morning. I went out with them and let them run...until..."THUD". An extremely large sound came from the west side of the house. It sounded like a mature tree had fallen onto the ground. That was enough. I scooped the small dog up in my arms and called the other dog as I ran to the house. I locked the door, shut off the lights, and ran to bed. Of course, in the morning I had to go investigate. There were no footprints of any sort in the front lawn (which is about 250 feet long) and no fallen trees.

I had presumed that after my many talks with my father that these antics would stop, but apparently not so. I am now at the point that I will take any suggestions as to how I can help my father rest. I do not want to banish him from the home he loved so much, but I really would like to be able to enjoy the home that is now mine without the fear of these activities getting any worse.

Other hauntings by paranormal

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, paranormal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
poor dad I probably seems to him that no sooner was his back turned than you started ripping his home apart I don't mean that nastily I'm sure it was nesasery but it probably wasn't to him or hed have done it himself, and getting rid of his work bench that probably realy hurt because that was his prvate space where he created my father was a builder his work bench was his refuge from the world, what I'm trying to say is talk to dad before you do things don't just tell him your going to do it hell get frustrated and angry and take it out on you talk to him ask his advice you may get some good surprise and tell him you miss him and love him try to convince him gently to let go and trust you. I hope you and dad find peace eventualy.
karencmaug (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-21)
paranormal, first off I think you should not try to get your father mad by telling him that that's your house and that you don't want him there, I think you should let him know your ok by you self and that you want him to r.i.p. And let him know that your family is ok, your ok, and you guys will always have him in you <3s... I know I'm only about 13 years old but trust me... You must tell him everything you need to... If you want him to rest:)
rosethorn (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
What I would do is say, "Daddy if you want me to have a safe house to live in I have to update it a little bit or else it will fall on my head and kill me. And its not that you didn't do a good job of building the house but didn't you built it in the eighties, I am not going to do anything major just fix it up a bit. So daddy please let me fix the doggone thing."
IDrawOnMyself (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-08)
I definately think you should try communicating with him and tell him that you are only trying to fix the place up. And like these people are suggesting if he is trying to warn you about something, don't ignore him.
zacksawyer (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
He's your dad. Why be afraid? I know it's quite scary to have a ghost roaming around your house but since it's your father then you might as well try to get along or ignore the weird sounds, but man! That is scary!. The part about the 3 knocks or bangs totally got me cause I experienced it myself.
moonlight (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
Well, I just made my account hadnt read any of your other stories, but this was very intersting indeed, maybe your father (if him) is not happy with what your doing with the place, Might be he is happy with the way it was, talk to him, tell him its your place now, (thats when these wierd noices are accuring) and you want to make changes, he might just understand, and leave you at peace. ❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
Hazz, good question. It crossed my mind as well. Something is going on and the recontruction may be the reason. Maybe your father didn't want things changed around but on the other hand we all know about upkeep to a house and things have to be fixed or replaced. Your father lived there too and he did the same I'm sure when needed. Maybe a simple I know you are here please let me do what's needed without all the antics is required. If this is not your father's spirit it could be someone who once lived on the land and has not moved on. I think when one lives in an area that has a lot of land and no neighbors within ear shot our imaginations can run wild. Not saying this is the case but you do seem to be concerned with intruders. While this is the logical assumption and one has to be careful you are not finding intruders so maybe you are just becoming very paranoid about the sounds which is feeding into the fear. That said, install some high intensity lights and maybe that would give you more peace of mind. If it is your father maybe it's high time he moves forward and allows you to be the master of the house.
mgtor (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
Your father may be trying to communicate with you. Light a candle and say a prayer for him to rest in piece put a glass of water by the candle. Make sure you look at the signs maybe he is trying to forwarn you of something.
Mickeyticky123 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-28)
very interesting story!

I personally think that your father is trying to tell you something... Look over all of the activity that you experienced, streaming water, loud bangs, a tree falling... What do you think these signs mean?
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-28)
Are you sure its your father?
If so, why do you think he'd be trying to scare you? Perhaps he's trying to warn you of something, do you think it would be worth calling in some sort of medium to talk with him?
Thanks for sharing, sorry for so many questions

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: