You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: My Crucifix Will Not Stay!

Real Ghost Stories

My Crucifix Will Not Stay!

 

I recently purchased a Sterling Silver Crucifix from an antique shop near our home in Daytona Beach, Florida. I was replacing a gold Eagle pendant which was a gift from my father-in-law, after he died last year. I was a little uncomfortable wearing it, as I was never sure whether he liked me very much. We were on pretty good terms when he passed, but it was actually given to me by his surviving girlfriend, who was the trustee of his Estate/ I did wear it for over a year, but the wings had sharp edges, and cut into my neck at night, so I had been looking for a different pendant for some time. I actually was looking for a Wolf pendant, as my ancestors were German and Norwegean.

I happened upon the cross, in an Antique shop, in Deland Florida and bought it. After the first night, I awoke to find the cross on the floor next to my bed, right where I step when getting out of bed in the morning. I immediately reached for my neck chain, assuming it came loose during the night. It was still around my neck! I took a close look at the cross, thinking the little loop must have separated and slipped off the chain. But no, even though the loop is not soldered, it is a very strong little loop and the opening very tight, where it comes together. I could not force a tweet razor blade through the tiny opening! The chain is also relatively heavy, and the thickness of the thinnest place on the links is approximately 20 times thicker than the space in the loop.

I told my wife and son the story, so they examined it and declared it impossible to have come off the chain, without opening the clasp first! They offered all the possible scenarios, none of which happened. The chain and cross did not leave my neck all that day and night. So I put it back around my neck and the next morning, my wife asked if it came off again? I said no it did not.

But later today, I drove to the pharmacy to pick up my medicine, and as I was leaving and had just stepped through the automatic doors, then without explanation, I felt the Crucifix fall off the chain and down my chest! I grabbed my shirt and felt the cross and held it in place until I was able to get into my car and fish it out of my shirt. I examined the loop again and it was perfectly intact! I tried to pry it open with my fingers, with all my strength, but the gap did not widen at all. I just now was barely able to slide a thin piece of notebook paper through the space in the loop.

So my question is, Who is trying to tell me not to wear this Crucifix?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jkiel1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Laohg (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-30)
Jkiel, it may be a Germanic God haunting you, or Jesus might not like you. Lol

All jokes aside if it is haunted then you many want to use holy oil, water might make it rust.
BeagleMom (3 stories) (84 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-12)
I for one can tell you that impossibly impossible things occur in the world of pendants! A very similar thing happened with my diamond pendant many years ago. I have just had my story published this month, Disappearing and Reappearing Diamond Pendant. The similarities are rather amazing!

❤ Mother of Beagles
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-09)
Hi Redwolf - whilst the crucifix itself may not be "evil" - the cross and crucifix can be associated with evil or unenlightened souls such as those jaw-droppingly intolerant and ignorant KKK members, for example, who seem to enjoy burning them with alarming regularity.
Regards, Mack
saher (4 stories) (52 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-09)
Amazing Story! I guess your father-in-law wanted you to keep the gift with you!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-09)
Very interesting story. Everyone makes some very good theories. Although I doubt it is evil. I mean how can something that is a Holy Icon be evil?

I would try to return this crucifix to the antique shop because clearly someone doesn't want you to wear it. Maybe they will allow you to exchange it for something nice for your wife.

I think your problem is that your father in-law really DID want you to have his necklace. If you want you can cleanse that one because he may have left some of his energy in it. I KNOW my mother in-law doesn't like me very much as reported by my kids and confirmed by her actions. YET she wants me to have all of her valuable jewelry to hold onto for my kids. She wanted to donate her costume jewelry but I convinced her I love costume jewelry. In truth I'm afraid she will get rid of something valuable or something one of my kids may want.
Red
CelticHeathen (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-08)
Hello JK, new here myself. I havn't got around to typing out my slight experiences, but I have been avidly reading all the accounts posted here and yours very much piqued my interest.

A possibility that hasn't been stated so far, but probably thought of or alluded to, you mentioned that you came from germanic/norse ancestry, and the item in question would appear to be a christian icon. Depending on how far back and from where, could it be possible that one of your family blood is not pleased about you wearing a christian symbol?

Just to be clear, I'm not saying you shouldn't wear a cross.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-07)
Thanks for posting. If you have completely and totally ruled out the crucifix just coming off the chain naturally by itself, then this is an intriguing experience.
If it's indeed a spirit removing it, then that person appears petty, immature and controlling with a streak of bullying thrown in for good measure.
Does that description match anyone you knew that's passed over?
Cheers Mack
YeseGrey15 (20 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-04)
Maybe since you purchased your crucifix in an old antique shop, it may very well be that you purchased a haunted item. Maybe you should dip it in holy water to be sure and rule out any evilness about it.
Hope all is well may Jehovah Bless you 😁
Caz (342 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-04)
JK...It could well be that the others are right about the crucifix coming with an attachment and cleansing it would be a good idea, but 'whatever' you decide to do, my advice would be not to wear anything round your neck that makes you feel uncomfortable for 'whatever' reason! It almost sounds like you're being bullied by a spirit! Go with your gut!
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-03)
I'm with nymeria, lady-glow and Tweed on this one jkiel. I think your fil wants you to keep this small reminder of him, the eagle pendant, with you. Maybe file down those sharp edges though.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-12-03)
Jkiel, this is pretty baffling stuff. I got stuck on the secondhand/antique aspect of the crucifix. But like Nymeria and Lady Glow say, could be your father in law encouraging you to wear his eagle.
If you like his pendant, maybe try wearing it again and see what happens. 😕 Yeah, I suppose placing the crucifix on the ground where you'll step on it speaks for itself.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-02)
Jkiel1: this is an interesting and hard to explain experience. I guess a person could think a hundred possible reasons for the cross to come off the chain.
Would it be a reason for your father-in-law not to like crosses?
Since you got the cross from an antique shop, I assume some one own it before, I wonder if there is a negative energy attached to it and your fil is trying to protect you from it? It would be a good idea to perform a cleansing of the crucifix.

Thanks for sharing.
nymeria (4 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-02)
Interesting account! Jkiel1 I'm sorry to hear about your father-in-law. It seems to me that he wanted you to keep the gift. Did any other family member sense his presence after his passing?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: