You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: My Spirit Guide Cory

Real Ghost Stories

My Spirit Guide Cory

 

For most of my life, I have always felt that I was being watched by someone, but until last month, I didn't know anything about my spirit guide.

Going back to a little over a month ago... I was at my friend's house for a sleepover, and somehow, someone started talking about spirits. A different friend of mine showed us how to contact them with a candle and a necklace; the beginning of a lot of trouble. Going out on a limb, I gave my exact address and we summoned my spirit guide, Cory. I spent the better part of the night talking with him, discussing problems, and just relishing in the fact that I was doing something I had wanted to do for so long, contact spirits. Ever since that night, I can tell when I'm doing something Cory disapproves of there is trouble.

Cory has two children, Steven and Penelope, and a wife, Anne who also stay close to me. They all died around my house back in the 1800's. For the sake of time, I will continue to the following occurrences a week later. The spirit that died close to my friend's house, Dominic, is extremely powerful. My friend contacted him that night, and ever since, he has been like a voice inside her head. He keeps her up at night with his laughter and gives my friend gruesome nightmares I can't describe. When she does something that annoys him, he doesn't hesitate to slap her or scream in her ears.

One night, after she had annoyed him more then usual, he took hold of her wrist and squeezed until the bone was bruised. When I saw her the next day with a brace, I got angry, and I wanted it to stop. I wanted my friend to be able to sleep, and I wanted Dominic sent to the light. I contacted him myself that night and called him an awful lot of things I probably shouldn't repeat here then taunted him, saying "You don't have the nerve to hurt me because of Cory." Once my anger was vented, I ended the conversation to go take a shower. I thought I saw something in the reflection of a garbage can lid, so I looked closer and saw an enormous man standing behind me, and he wasn't happy. It was Dominic. I whipped around to see nothing there at all. Cory was furious; he knew what I had done was dumb and dangerous, but at the time, I didn't see how dangerous it really was.

Just this past Friday, March 13th, I went back to that same friend's house for another sleepover. Nothing serious occurred until late that night. Whenever I saw my friend wince I knew it was Dominic, I showed my disapproval by swearing loudly and mentioning that I was completely fine and far more annoying then my friend could ever be. I dared him to hurt me, and Cory got angrier then ever. I can't see or hear Cory directly, but I could almost feel him saying "you will regret saying this."

Late that night, Dominic began to really display his rage just past the start of the witching hour. He told us that someone was going to die at his hand, and that he would possess my friend to do so. Terrified, my friend, the other participant at the sleepover and myself all gathered in a circle with makeshift crosses to pray. As we prayed, my friend jerked away, hissing that the crosses were burning. I kept my calm somehow, and a few minutes later, my friend was starting to drift as Dominic overpowered her. I kept my cross close and spoke to him until she regained control. Scared beyond what I have ever felt, my friend sat back down, nervous about what she could do if he fully took control of her. She described to me how she could tell what he was thinking, and how he wanted to break my back, and how he was going to choke our other friend. About half an hour later (at this point it was close to 2 AM), Dominic was fed up. My friend gave us one final warning, "get away from anything he can hurt you with," then she was gone.

Standing, I looked into the eyes of hatred, and as he went for a pencil, the other friend and I locked ourselves in the bathroom. Dominic whispered angry words at us about breaking down the door, but we clung to the lock, praying it would hold. Breaking through all our strength like nothing, he broke the lock on the door with a knife, right as my friend's dad had awoken. God had kept us safe! I breathed relief as Dominic made a barely passed attempt at pulling off my friend, and then daringly went back in the bedroom with them. He had calmed down enough to have a conversation with me, during which I pleaded with him and was forgiven for the angry words. Cory had come back; he left us during the struggle. What I found funny was that Cory still doesn't trust Dominic, and vice versa.

They were never fond of each other. Before Dominic left my friend passed out on her floor, he gave us one warning; "never contact the other man who died around this property. I don't know how strong he is, but he can kill a living person without thinking twice about it." I fear that I may be putting myself in danger in telling you this, and I feel the other man's hand on my back as I type.

Two nights ago, I felt a different spirit in my room, and I saw a different man in my house. Last night, as I tried to fall asleep, the other spirit pulled at my heart, trying to possess me. I felt my awareness slipping away, and I clung to my thoughts, hoping for Cory to come back. Whenever the other spirit gets close to me, Cory seems to be forced away. Cory just confirmed my suspicions today; this other entity is the spirit from my friend's house and he wants me dead for reasons we do not know.

As I am typing this, I feel a hand on my back and pressure inside me, but I need to tell other people. Many of my friends don't believe in spiritual activity on Earth, so I needed more people to hear my story. I don't think I should contact the man to try and send him in the light; that may only open any barriers that have kept him from killing me thus far. I think the only thing I can do is talk to Cory and my friend and trade ideas.

One of my theories is that the man is somehow involved with Cory's son Steven, who made a lot of deals he still can't keep during his life. I just felt extreme pressure that I'm going to take as confirmation until I can contact Cory again.

Finally... Thanks for reading my story! I'm new to this site, but I have experienced a lot of paranormal activity lately that I needed to share. If anyone was fascinated by this, I'll be writing again if anything else happens soon. Thanks again!

~Danielle

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, musicXisXmyXlife22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-18)
Hi Danielle;
Next time you feel a hand on you, rebuke it in Jesus' name, and try (Catholic) Holy water, and receipt of the sacraments, i.e. Mass, confession, etc. It'n most likely not a human spirit, but a demon. Pray the Rosary and use Holy water. Good luck. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
shobha (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-08)
i am scared after reading your story. Please keep on posting your experiences. You are very, very brave. I got goosebumps after reading your experiences. Why don't you try to get some priest to perform an exorcism / I am almost sure that cory is a demon or a very evil ghost who takes on the name dddddddddomiinic.
musicXisXmyXlife22 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
for anyone wondering, and since the story page is closed, I'm just going to say that friday was generally fine. Dominic didn't try to really hurt me, but when my friend and I were walking through the woods he shoved me and made me drop my sweatshirt in a creek. Other then that though, nothing necessarily bad happened. I had a cross on the whole time and didn't really pay attention to any pains I got from spirits.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
Also, if you don't mind me asking, where at in NY are you? I live in Belmont NY and if you are close enough I might be able to help you. My e mail is kbabbitt [at] caboces.org
E mail me so we can talk.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
You need to get help with your problem ASAP! Spirits are not something to play with or cuss out! These spirits could follow you around forever! I hope you realize that. I don't mean to sound rude or anything but it really infuriates me when KIDS try to play in the spirit world and have no idea whatsoever about what they are doing. You need to quit talking to all of the spirits, even Cory! From your story I don't trust him at all and you shouldn't trust him. Spirits fool people all of the time.

What do you mean when you say that Cory's son made a deal with Dominic? I didn't get that. And you keep saying the Cory says he's evil. Is Cory talking about himself or Dominic or the other spirit?

Keep that cross on honey. Light white candles in your room. Surround yourself with the white light of the holy spirit. You just picture yourself bathed in God's white light and in His protection while saying a prayer about keeping yourself safe. Try to find some sage and bundle it all together and then light the sage and blow it out until it is smoldering and smoking. Then take the sage bundle around your house (in EVERY corner) and that might help. It's called cleansing your house.

Be safe and read up on this stuff so you aren't unprepared. PLEASE! Let us know how tonight goes and when I surround myself and my family with the light tonight I will include you. BE CAREFUL! ❤
musicXisXmyXlife22 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
and I'm seriously doubting that cory is my spirit guide now because he didn't start following me until I moved into the house I am in now and he apparently isn't sure if he's my spirit guide or not. If anything, I think he just became attached to me
musicXisXmyXlife22 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
her dad lectured us for a while about being awake that late, then he went back to bed. And I have been wearing crosses, praying more and ignoring all the spirits around me, for the most part. Cory seems to get bored when I don't talk to him:) other then him, though, the other bad spirits have been leaving me alone. My friend told me that dominic doesn't like that I'm individual and "the oddball" compared to other people, and he still wants me dead. He's been using my friends spiritual energy to get stronger, so I've been trying to not piss him off. As for the gunman, he seems to be waiting in the wings, because he doesn't seem to be able to get the energy to hurt me seriously when I don't acknowledge him, so compared to before, I would say that all's well. But, I'm sleeping over there this weekend, and dominic said he's going to make something bad happen because 1, another friend with stong spiritual energy will be there, and 2, cory's presence frustrates him beyond belief. We'll see if I need to write another story after friday night
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
"Breaking through all our strength like nothing, he broke the lock on the door with a knife, right as my friend's dad had awoken"

Please tell me what did you friend's father do. I am so baffled, if my dad was woken up by noise like that and then saw a broken lock, he would be furious.

As for pissing of a ghost, well what to say...
tboro (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
heys

I just hope you are fine. In my opinion you should wear a cross in your neck. I'm sory if I'm funny as in india we wear god's necklace. As it keeps sprits away from us... 😊
citygirl_85 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
I would have to agree with everyone that has already commented. You should never play games or try to contact a spirit unless you know what you are doing. If you don't know what you are doing, you open a portal to the spirit world. It's almost like opening your front door an letting a whole bunch of random people in.

I would try talking to Dominic calmly and explain to him that he needs to cross over. If that still doesn't help, I would suggest talking to someone who can come and bless your house and your friends house. I would also explain to Cory that he needs to cross over. He doesn't sound like a spirit guide to me... He sounds to me like a trapped soul.
wudusgirl (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
I just hope your ok. It must be awful knowing that this 'spirit' wants to hurt you, or even kill you. Do the clever thing and have nothing to do with it anymore. Just pray and hope for the best.
Astronautical (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
I think it was quite a silly move to cuss Dominic out. I get the feeling he hasn't really forgiven you, if he said he wanted you dead again. 😕
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
Honestly, I got to the fourth paragraph and had to IMMEDIAELY scroll down here and say BAD move to taunt so viciously. YOU were contacting a supposed ghost that was PHYSICALLY hurting a friend of yours and you chose to FLAME it? WHERE was your head? You are NOT dealing with the freaky kid who sits two rows back in English, but something you could not SEE. How do you know it would not have picked you up and slammed you up against your bedroom wall?
Ah, just got to paragraph five.
Friday the 13, the "witching hour"...

Excuse my language, but you pissed off this ghost, he tried to KILL you through your friend, AND as he "left" he WARNED you about ANOTHER ghost that died in that area as he would kill you without even thinking about it?!
Thank you.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
It doesn't sound like Cory is your spirit guide, it sounds to me like Cory is the ghost of a dead human with whom you seem to have developed some sort of a relationship with.

Why do you reward Cory for his friendship by picking fights for him, most especially fights it sounds like he can't possibly win?

I agree with Enchantress, it sounds like you have been meddling in things best left alone.

Since there does not seem to be a purpose for or sensible pattern to your exploration of spirits, I think you would be best off if you ceased your spirit activities.

I think it would be a good idea for you to respectfully apologize to each spirit you have angered and start praying to God for help. Since you are so young, it would probably be a good idea to also share your story with a responsible adult in your life, preferably a concerned parent.
musicXisXmyXlife22 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
and I guess I probably was meddling that first night, and now I'm probably going to pay for it if I'm not careful
musicXisXmyXlife22 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
i don't know, I'm only 13, this stuff has just started happening last month. I don't know. 2 nights ago a really bad spirit was hurting me and cory said he wanted me dead. I don't know what all this bad stuff has been happening for, but it is. I don't even understand it. And if you say a spirits name or describe it as you're lighting a candle, I guess that "calls" the spirit or whatever. If you hold a necklace over it and ask questions, it clearly spins clockwise for a yes, counterclockwise for a no. I don't get any of what's happened to me, it just has. A lot of it scares me pissless, especially because my friend told me dominic told her that he wants me dead again. Thanks for the comment, I guess...
Enchantress (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
Are you crazy? I don't understand. I have read a lot of stories on here and this is just my opinion... But all the people that are getting viciously attacked are meddling. How to contact a spirit with a candle and a chain? - if you want to contact a spirit - one you should be protected for the exact reasons that you have mentioned in your story and two you need someone who is experienced in this who can contact the spirit you want and not others impersonating it! Someone who can control and banish and protect when necessary. I have had a lot happen to me and do you know I have never ever meddled, never played a game or called upon them. Yet they come. I think your nightmare is only beginning and would request assistance in protecting yourself and your friends. If Dominic is that powerful to possess so quickly, you have no idea what you in for... Although I cannot see how you can be so calm about this whole thing and the events that have taken place...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: