You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost, Spirit Guide Or Trick Of The Light?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost, Spirit Guide Or Trick Of The Light?

 

I am 13 years old and this happened last year in October, November and December.

First of all it was just a glimpse. It was in October, during the Halloween holiday. I was in my bedroom, in my bed and I couldn't sleep. So, I stared at my ceiling and then around my room. Suddenly, out of nowhere, I saw a white figure standing next to my TV, in front of my notice board. I immediately recognized that it was a teenage boy, perhaps about 17 years old. He had a ghostly white face and a black hooded jacket. He was wearing dark blue jeans and a white top with trainers. His face was stern and almost angry. He stared right at me without a blink. He only lasted for about 20 seconds before he disappeared. My first reaction was to jump back in shock and then, I was caught in his gaze. I stared as he stared with a studious look, until he disappeared. After he disappeared I blinked twice then, continued to stare in the space he had once been. I was confused and presumed that it was just my over-active imagination.

About four weeks later, now November, he reappeared. It was a Friday night and he was by my window, in front of my wardrobe. He stared at me again but this time, his face was covered by a shadow from my curtains.

For the next few nights, he continued to come. I asked him what it was he wanted and he didn't reply, until one night in December. It was the weekend before the Christmas holidays and he was in front of my notice board again. I asked him why he was here and he replied "I'm waiting". He spoke in a soft voice with an Irish accent. I then asked him "waiting for what?" and he replied softly "for the future". I was going to ask him what he meant before he started to hum. As he hummed, I stared at him before falling lightly backwards in my bed, onto my pillow. Soon, I became drowsy and looked towards him. He looked at me and smiled. He then told me, before I fell asleep, "I'll be here and watch over you. But by morning, I'll be gone". I then fell into a peaceful, deep sleep.

As the days went on, he repeatedly came. He was sometimes in the shadows and sometimes by my wardrobe. One night he bent over me and breathed on my neck. My hairs pricked up as I felt his cold breath. Then, he began to sniff me. It wasn't my brother sniffing from his room because of his cold, it was a gentle sniff that you do when you are smelling something. This confused me because I didn't know ghosts did this.

Then the next night, he was right in front of my face. I would have normally jumped out of my skin but, I didn't. I was pleased to see him and I smiled at him. He then backed away to my door and smiled at me. We began to talk about the regular things like, what I did that day and how I was feeling and about my family. He seemed to like talking about my family a lot. After a while, he paused and frowned. I asked him what was wrong and he replied "I won't be seeing you regularly anymore. I can't. I will still come; just you won't see me as often". I frowned but, instead of asking why I just nodded.

The last night I saw him, my senses were on fire. He was in a corner of my bedroom, crouching, and looked stern. I asked him what was up and he didn't reply. He just stared at me for hours without even blinking or moving a millimeter, let alone an inch. This frightened me. Usually his appearance comforted me and made me happy however this time, I was scared and uncomfortable. I couldn't even look at him. Eventually he looked down and when I asked him again what was wrong, he stared at me. Was something wrong with me that was to happen, that he couldn't tell me?

Several nights went past and he didn't come. Nights turned into weeks and weeks tuned into a month. It has been a month now, and I know that something is outside my window. It has been there since two weeks after he stopped seeing me, and I was worried. Yet, I was positive that it was him. Always there by my window, humming until I fell asleep.

Is he a ghost? He seemed too solid and physical to be a ghost or Spirit guide. Possibly however, he didn't seem to be anything that I have seen before of a resemblance to my life. Trick of the light? Likely but how could he speak if he was? Surely he wasn't a figurement of my imagination? It was too real and I was definitely conscious.

I guess I will have to wait for the future to find out. Maybe I will see him again. I just don't know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lildinocleo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lildinocleo (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-28)
i hav said- I think- that I hav never ever seen the guy in my life before. And I have been here since I was nearly 2-yrs-old. There has always been a presence in my house since I was little. I hav been to a spiritualist church and they told my dad that me and my little brother are very sensitive to ghosts. It is very true since from august 2009 to now (feb 10) I have had at least 6 spiritual experiences- and they are supposed to be rare! I mean... Wow! 😲
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-21)
You know what, though, lildinocleo?
That feeling that you describe? The "...sort of like I was HIS or something"? That is not always an emotion that is associated with a love interest. To intimately know someone enough, that it almost feels, well, Enveloping. Consuming. In a highly NON-malicious way.
Do you recall if the feeling was time-associated? What I mean is, could you tell from which time period HE was from? Could you tell if there was an "older feel" to the air? Perhaps he was someone from your past?
Wa-do
lildinocleo (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
dear whitebuffalo,
I was completely awake since I only just got into bed and turned off the lights when I first saw him. He was most definately full bodied because I remember seeing him head to toe.
At first I was shocked rather than scared then over time I calmed down. He made me feel comforted and not lonely. He also made me feel loved and wanted, sort of like I was HIS or something. It seemed like he almost Owned me. This felt odd at the time since I had a boyfriend but now I think that there is someone smiling at me. It feels like him because I recognise the sensation he gave me and the feelings.
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
Hi Lildinocleo.
Amazing story from the way you tell the events it seems as if this teenage boy appered to you in full phisacal form you say you were fully awake every time he came and you conversed with him interactivley this is amazing and you are privalaged as this is something I believe dosent happen very often.
What I can't understand is his odd behaveior such as blowing on your neck and sniffing you and then appearing in front of your face I haven heard of anything like this before I certinley find it strange but not frightining as he did you no harm he is definetly a friendly spirit I just can't figure out his motive. Perhaps you should check out the history of your house have you allways lived there if not find out if anybody of a similer age passed on in the house or if anyone of that age from your family passed on in the past that you might not know about keep me posted if you find out anything take care good luck...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-23)
Hello lildinocleo,
I am a little unclear about something, so I am afraid I must ask a question or two. Please take no offense, I am just wondering.
When you saw this teenager on your Halloween holiday, are you saying that you saw him as clearly as you would a live teenager? And full bodied? I am pretty sure that is what you are saying, I just want that point perfectly clear.
You speak of what he LOOKED like, and a few odd things he did, do you recall how he made you FEEL (not just happy to see him, but what other emotions did he give off)?
And you are absolutely sure that you were not asleep, nor in that space in between asleep and awake?
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: