You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Old Woman - Elsie

Real Ghost Stories

The Old Woman - Elsie

 

This was my very first experience with the paranormal and it happened when I was about 7 or 8 years old. I lived in this old house that was built in the 1920's. One night while I was sleeping, I awoke and looked towards my wall and saw an old woman standing there; she disappeared after about a minute or so, but her image is still etched in my mind.

The next day, I went over to our neighbor's house to tell her about what had happened because she had lived there her whole life and would most likely know the history of the house. She told me that she knew exactly who I was talking about and back in the 1980's, she was at a get together down the street and everybody wanted to know where "Elsie" was. So, my neighbor went down to check up on her. She knocked on the door a few times, but there was no answer. She decided to go ahead and go inside. When she got in there, she yelled "Elsie's" name, but did not get a reply. After that, she looked into the room by the kitchen, and found Elsie, dead in her rocking chair, with a pot of applesauce cooking on the stove.

I told my dad about my experience and the story that was told to me. He said there was one night that he could not sleep because he had the feeling somebody was watching him. He rolled over and looked towards the doorway of his room and saw the silhouette of a woman standing there.

Other hauntings by mandalyn05

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mandalyn05, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mandalyn05 (5 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
i never smelled any applesauce burning, but that would be pretty creepy!
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
Yeah, I really don't get all this clown stuff, people are being silly or what?

Happy april fool's day everyone 😆
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
Um...I'm not sure what the "clown" stuff is all about concerning the other posts, but I think this is an interesting story. Wonder if anyone has smelled any applesauce burning while in the house.
Lisa66 (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
With this being April 1st, I'm wondering if someone isn't having "fun" by changing our words.?
shobha (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
clown purple pants big red nose what is the connection between paranormal and these?
shobha (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
i said clown not purple pants what is going on? Please tell me the meaning of clown not purple pants
shobha (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
what is this clown thing you all are talking about-please confirm/clarify?
Mystic2kyle (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
Cool story! Sounds like the common residual "haunting"! That's awesome that you got to find out who it was from someone who knew the person as well!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: