You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: The Little Girl In My Basement

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Girl In My Basement

 

When I was 13, I moved into a house north of Melvern, Kansas. I had no idea that the house had any kind of paranormal significance at the time.

That summer, we had to haul some furniture and stuff to California, where a former resident of our house was living. While we were there, she asked me and my sister if we had met "Jessica" and "Amy." We told her no, thinking they might have been neighbors or something. She told us that Jessica and Amy lived in a house behind ours' back in the mid to late 1800's and one night, their woodstove had caught fire, killing them and their parents. She said they were haunting our house.

We had never experienced any noises, things moving or any odd feelings, so we found it weird that our house would be haunted. It just did not feel that way.

A few weeks later, I had my friend Sam stay over for the night. We decided to try having a séance in the basement, but really did not expect anything to happen. While we were having the séance, we felt a little odd and both looked over towards the stairs leading outside and saw a little girl with long blonde hair walking over by the stairs. That's when we stopped the séance, and we believe the little girl had to be Jessica or Amy.

No other experiences happened in the house the rest of the time we lived there; we moved out later that year.

Other hauntings by mandalyn05

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mandalyn05, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GhostBeliver1234 (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-01)
Yup it might have been one of the lost souls like KimSouthO says. Perhaps it was Amy or Jessica or another child because seances attract many souls... I have many ghosts in my house and yet they are friendly. They like to prank around with me and I laugh at them and sometimes I communicate with them. Yesterday I heard a child voice calling its mother. I decided to follow the voice hoping I could communicate with the ghost. Then I saw that child ghost with blond hair. She was looking at me with those sad eyes and walked slowly to me like she was begging for help. I smiled and crouched down to her. She slowly smiled when I heard a knock behind me and saw the woman I've seen before she was the main pranker of the house. I noticed that she was looking at the child and probably was her mother I don't know... But I'll post it tomorrow. And yet I'm not sure if it was really one of them but as I said the seance attracts many differend souls. At least mine attracted the friendly ones 😆

Best Wishes and God Bless ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
You are right, they DON'T have to revisit the place that they died. Neither does it have to be where they lived. Neither does it have to be ANYWHERE that they had any known connection TO.
I, personally, was asking out of curiosity as you seemed to have all the answers as to what was going on, supplied by the former tenant. I asked about the seance to point out that PERHAPS you called in someone OTHER than the little ones that lived BEHIND that house, only 100 yards away.
My apologies for the curiosity. No one was being rude at all, we were genuinely ASKING as we did not know the answer.
Thanks
mandalyn05 (5 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
Ok now I'm really confused. This thing keeps messing with the words I'm typing in! Why?!
mandalyn05 (5 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
Ok, so I'm trying to figure out why the words "purple pants" and "clown" were put in my last comment. I never typed those in.
mandalyn05 (5 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
I'm trying to figure out what this clown junk you guys keep talking about is all about. I'm confused.

Did you guys not read the age I was in this house? 13! I didn't really know anything about seances then and had no idea that any trouble could come out of it. And, no, I don't know if any assistance was offered to them.

Also, no, I did not close the seance. We didn't know we were suppose to. And, I have no idea what their reason was for haunting that house. Their house was on the property, like not even 100 yards behind my house and people don't have to haunt the exact location they died.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
Did you close the seance?
I am trying to figure out why it would be that two little girls would return to YOUR home, and not to the place of their FINAL home. Did the former resident, that you had to deliver the furniture to, tell you what the theory on that was? While it is NOT unheard of, there HAS to be a "reason".
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
Thanks for your story mandalyn05 but I was wondering... Why would you attempt a seance of any kind if you could not handle the possibility of having someone "answering your call"?

Contacting the other side should not be seen as a game of any sort. Especially when the energies are trapped and in need of assistance.

Even worse, there are chances that you may be approached by things you cannot really handle.

So you both saw this apparition, you had confirmation that someone had stayed behind but were you able to find out if any assistance was offered to these poor souls even after you left the house?

Thanks
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
Although the child that appeared as an apparition in your basement may have been one of the poor souls lost in the fire, it may have been any one. Seances can bring attention to any entity around. They offer energy to entitys to manifest, to trick those preforming the seances at times. And to presude individuals. I am glad you ended the seance. I do hope that Amy and Jessica are at rest after all these years.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: