You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Our Creepy Old House

Real Ghost Stories

Our Creepy Old House

 

We moved into a house in Pomona Kansas when I was 13, just before I turned 14, and I absolutely loved it. It had pillars on the front porch and two small pillars separating the living and dining rooms. There was also a window seat in mine and my sister's room. It was such an amazing house! Anyway, there was a couple who had lived there prior to us and the husband died back in the 1970's, I believe. The wife died after we moved in.

After she died is when we started having strange occurrences. One day while I was home alone, I swore I heard somebody coughing in the basement. I went down there and searched, but could not find anyone. I think it was the husband because I was told he used to tinker with stuff in the basement a lot before he died.

Another odd thing that would happen was when we would be sitting in the living room watching television. We would always see people walking through the kitchen from the corner of our eyes. I do not know whether it was our eyes playing tricks on us or what, but it was still really freaky.

One night, I was sleeping in my room and I awoke to the sound of metal banging on metal. I thought that maybe it was the neighbors doing something weird outside, but I looked at my clock and realized it was about 3 in the morning. Then, I figured out what it was. I had a brass bed with plastic beads hanging on it. There was no draft coming into the room, the vent was not blowing, and I was not moving, but somehow my beads were banging against the bed. After I saw that, I looked around the room and saw a bunch of little lights floating around. I do not know what the hell that was, but it scared the crap out of me!

Then, another night, my friends Sam and Nickie stayed over. We decided to have a séance in the basement, like me and Sam had done in another house I had lived in before. We had the Ouija, along with some candles going around us. The four of us, including my sister, sat in a circle. We held hands and got the séance going. We had a safety pin sticking in one of the candles that somehow turned on its own. We also had some rocks near us that kept moving around. After a while, we sensed that somebody was there with us. That is when it got scary. My sister started shaking like crazy and acting weird, like she was being taken over. That's when we ended the séance because we were too scared to continue.

We moved out of that house when I was 17, and the house I live in now doesn't seem to be haunted.

Other hauntings by mandalyn05

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mandalyn05, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sheenaramone1 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-16)
My dad is from Puebla Mexico and his family is very spiritual and religous. His uncle was walking down the street on night when he saw something black from the corner of his eye. And if you see something like that its like the devil or somebody evil about to take your life. So he got scared that he was going to die but instead for some reason half of his body got parlizied. I don't remember who but one of my reliteves healed him. There are even witnesses that saw him get parlized but didn't see the evil. I'm not sure I got the story right but there are many tales like this in little Tepexi.
mandalyn05 (5 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
I bet their football team wouldn't beat yours anymore. They've gotten kind of bad with sports. Lol.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
Very good story. I know where Pomona is (their football team beat the crap out of us ages ago while I was in school... But we took State a few years later).
mandalyn05 (5 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
i moved out of that house back in 2004, so it really does not matter any more
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
WOW! Hey, if you really want to know/see what's ACTUALLY going on then maybe you have to put up with your fears and face it, there's no point in doing a seance if you don't want to really DO IT. Other wise, you get caught up with it, and another way is just leave it, maybe that's just what they do for a ghost-living. SO just leave them, and you'll get used to it, they won't get angry, you'll be fine, trust me!

WIckedWitch 2000 - ❤
God Bless You
& Wishing you happiness

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: