You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Nana And The Note In The Closet

Real Ghost Stories

Nana And The Note In The Closet

 

My nana is dead 5 years. It is upsetting because knowing that my dad has no mom it is just sad. Sometimes I have encounters with her. But only at my dad's old home where he grew up. Mostly it takes place in her room. She has a big closet in her room, and that is where I found the note.

It was Thanksgiving, my cousin Nicole and I were upstairs laying in my nana's bed watching T.V. She had asked me if I wanted a drink, and I said bring me up a coke. While she was gone the rocking chair in the room started to rock. I just thought oh it's just Nan checking up on me. It was that and, a special surprise.

I heard banging on the closet door. So I went to see what was happening. When I slid the door open there was a note on the floor, and it read.

Dear my sweet grandchildren, I hope you are enjoying life. I miss you all. One day when you come to heaven we will be together in person. I miss you kids. Knowing the one who is reading it is my Tara. Tara you are becoming to like me so much more. You're a sweet girl and I love you. Tell everyone I said hi. Tell pappy thanks for all the good years. With Love, Nana Laubenstine.

I had tears in my eyes. I miss her so much. And the best feeling is, is that she is there with me. I wish she was here but she suffered enough. This note is such a big thing to me. And nana if I could see you right now all I could say is, I love you.

I miss you nana. Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by Justly4

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Justly4, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Preeti (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-18)
My dear friend never do it... Dont keep it a secret... Let her go... Let her live in heaven peacefully... This is wrong in some way... Dont know how to say... But god bless her soul...

God bless you ❤
Justly4 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
Thx a million for the nice comments. Me and my cousin Aaron were talking about my nan's death last night. It seems like yesterday we were at the funeral. But the cool thing is, is that she actually gave me the note. I have kept it a secret and I go on with life. Besides it's summer vacation I WANNA HAV FUN!
Crone3 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-15)
Awww...
That also brought tears to my eyes. My maternal grandma has been gone 26 years and I still miss her. You were so fortunate to know here. Many people "know"/sense when their time is coming and write hidden notes to be found later, -She sounds like such a special lady.
My best to you.-Crone
triscint (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-15)
that story is the most interesting I've have read it really amazes me how your nana got you that note. You must have been really close to her. 😁
blackrose149 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
That was a really beautiful story, it really touched me. It's nice to read something like this once in a while instead of all those creepy stories. ❤
toxicx22 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-13)
That was truly a beautiful story. It actually almost made me cry! I love your story. And for people who say this is too detailed, apparently your Nana loves all of you so much! Thanks for sharing! 😊
JessOx (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-12)
Woww, that's so touching, I think she loved you so much she wants to be with you still.
I feel fo you though, it must be so sad to know shes there but you can't see her.
Blondie95 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-11)
that's so sweet!
It must be so nice to know she's still there with you watching over you!
Spazztasticgirl (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-10)
I believe that it could be true. Anything can happen these days... Many things that we don't expect has happened. A note coming from a deceased love one is as believable, in my view, as being bitten by an entity.

Peace, Spazz
Justly4 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-10)
She died of overian cancer. One of the deadliest woman cancers. She was 68 when she died. She suffered through 7 months. And she was in the hospital over my pappy and her's anniversary. Last I should say.
konakissed (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-10)
Real or not it is a wonderful story. I know my father and grandfather are looking over me also. The signs I get are much more suttle but they mean a lot. ~God Bless
Miss_laura (9 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-09)
Maybe she wrote the note before she died. Than just made sure it was found by you. Either way it is truly sweet.
Vikki (4 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-09)
Quite hard to believe, to me because of the note with the heaven reference, it's too detailed.

I get strong smells of tobacco once in a while and only once a gruff "Hello!?", which I believed to be him.
shadow_witch (65 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-09)
Wow...hmmm...what a truly unbelievable story. I wasn't aware that spirits could write letters.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-09)
It would be nice if more dead loved ones wrote notes like that. Hard to believe.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-09)
hmmmmm...Thats interesting... How did she pass away? Was she ill? Was it of old age?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: