You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Closet

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Closet

 

It was the year 2015, and I was 12 turning 13. My father had beeen deployed to North Carolina for military business as a National Guard soldier. We lived in a bit of a small town called Fayettville in a large neightborhood called Pine Valley.

Now, it was a tradition to visit my mother and stepdad in the Alaskan islands near Canada every summer (though I haven't been doing that because of personal reasons). My twin and my little sister would celebrate our birthdays there and spend about 2 to 3 months until either August turned up or when school was nearing it opening.

My parents planned to fly us to Alaska while they moved to North Carolina, so we packed and left.

My mother and stepdad used to live in a one story, old red-painted house that looked like a trailer on the inside. My stepdad worked in a fish hatchery and a small forest intercepted the two properties. My siblings and I slept in a small bedroom with two bunk beds, since the house was so small. It was quite crowded and it was at the very end of the house.

I was on the bottom bunk facing the open closet one night (why is it always closets?) and clearly, I couldn't sleep. I was staring at the open doors and just... Staring. And slowly, I watched as a little blonde-haired girl appeared underneath a shelf, wearing a white nightgown and curled into herself. I wasn't very bothered and found myself sleeping soon enough.

~

(Did I meation that the house in "Navy Blue Paint" had an elevator?)

I had gotten a camera for my 13th birthday and we'd finally settled nicely into our house, which was fairly new and quite fancy. I met a girl named Bella who'd heard that there were new neighbors in the house about a block away from hers, but that isn't part of this story.

Anway, I had gotten a new camera. Of course, being obsessed with its functions, I played around with its flash quite often. And everyone's heard of orbs and strange bits of light being captured on the screen, and after a few weeks of taking many unnecessary pictures of myself (though I am not a narsissitic person), I noticed the exact things showing up on my screen.

I confided in my stepmom and told her about the strange appearances, and she clearly claimed that it was just the lights in my room. Obviously, I didn't believe her, so I moved from pictures to recordings.

And to my paranormal-obsessed self, that was pure gold.

I captured floating orbs moving in and out of my screen and showed the evidence to my disbelieving stepmom, but she still tried to debunk it. I don't blame her! Everyone has different beliefs.

~

I returned to Alaska for another summer when I was 13 turning 14. We had moved out of the first house and moved across the street. We had a very friendly neighbor who was willing to let us rent his house when he moved away. I hadn't experienced any paranormal activity since that day.

Until the next summer.

It was night. I was in the same bottom bunk across from the open-door closet and I couldn't sleep because there was a newspaper boy in the same spot the little girl was in the previous summer. He wore a faded hat, overalls with brown shorts, and belt-buckle shoes. I gave a little wave. He waved back.

That was the last time I experienced anything otherworldly until January 2019.

Other hauntings by creeps_peeps

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, creeps_peeps, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

creeps_peeps (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-05-15)
sds: The camera is dead and lost.
I never told my mom or stepdad.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-05-15)
Hello creeps_peeps, thanks for your reply. I asked if you have discussed with your mom and stepdad because it happened in their place in Alaskan island right? You have said in your narrative itself that your stepmom wasn't believing you having paranormal experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-14)
I'm confused with your last comment...

Is the camera lost or are the batteries dead? Is the camera lost WITH dead batteries? What's up?
creeps_peeps (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-05-14)
sds: Well... I lost the camera. I've gone through a sporadic period of time where I was obsessed with cameras. I think the photos themselves are lost. It was when I was thirteen, so long ago, and things from long ago - in my world - often get lost. Also, the batteries are dead and we don't have a proper charger.

No, I never told anyone about the sightings. I'd stopped because it just seemed null and void to tell my family. During the time I would tell them, they would usually not believe me, especially my stepmom and my dad. But I went searching for spirits with my siblings' and their friends (there is more details in "Navy Blue Paint").

The house was fairly old. It had cobwebs everywhere and had a serious horsefly problem. It was moderately cared for until my stepdad and my mom moved out about four years ago.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-05-14)
Hello creeps_peeps, kindly upload the photos of Orbs if you have them. We shall have a look.

About the closet. Did you discuss the sightings with your siblings or mother or stepdad? Whether the closet is a new one or old? If you had discussed the sighting with your mother or stepdad or siblings, what were their reactions?

Do kindly respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
creeps_peeps (2 stories) (5 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-13)
Alina5: Well, I've never thought of it that way. A portal? Interesting descripition! Yes, most of my hauntings are in my closets, but the one I have now is on the same wall the headboard of my bed is touching, so I can't see inside it.
The orbs were only in my room.

Silverthane61: I understand your're not impressed; I remain skpetical too. Thanks for sharing your opinion!
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-05-13)
I liked hearing about your experiences involving full-bodied apparitions. However with orbs, I find my self often on the fence - there are just too many ways to recreate that phenomenon. Don't get me wrong! There are genuine bits of good evidence concerning orbs. I just find myself not too impressed with most of the sightings involving these occurrences.
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-05-13)
Hello creeps_peeps,

From your description of different entities coming out of the closet makes me wonder

Is your closet serving as a portal?

As far as I recall, in your previous post majority of the paranormal activities took place in your room and here is the same place but different houses. Coincidence? Maybe.

Were all these orbs and lights witnessed all around the house? Did any place had a preferably large number of them?

I am guessing you probably don't have the photos and the recordings by now, but if you do please share them.

They can be useful sources of insight on this matter.

Looking forward to hear more of your experiences.

Peace

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: