You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Scary Farm

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Farm

 

When I was in high school I dated a guy who lived on a very haunted farm, in Virginia. This farm was a multi-million dollar horse farm where they bred and trained show and race horses. There are a least ten barns on the farm, used for various reasons.

One of the barns held about 20 old antique carriages. These carriages are old and big to move them takes a crane. There are guards that worked for the farm that made nightly rounds around the farm to make sure everything was fine. No one could get in the gate without them knowing. The barn with carriages was used for tours; each carriage had a plaque explaining the history. One morning one of the guards went into the carriage barn. All of the carriages had been moved around and put in the wrong places. Needless to say the guard was very freaked out; it is not possible to move all the carriages in one night, and especially without anyone knowing.

The guards have also shared with me some of their scary experiences doing their rounds. One night we'll call him 'Buddy', was doing his rounds checking on all the barns... He noticed a light on in one of them that weren't supposed to be on. A light was on in the room where they have a TV and a microwave; there is a room like this in every barn. Buddy went into the barn and hung out for a minute watching TV, there was no one in the barn, and he would have seen them. He hung out for a little while and then left, he shut off all the lights and soon as he shut the door to the barn every light in the barn came on! Needless to say he ran for his truck and got out of there!

Other hauntings by cbcorysgirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cbcorysgirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bloodless (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-10)
That's pretty intense

I mean, people can claim experiences and things that can be explained, but flat out breaking the laws of physics is pretty impressive.

Wish I could've been a fly on the wall!
cbcorysgirl (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
I'm not quite sure of the history of the farm. Unfortunately, it is no longer a horse farm. It has been donated to a school, which makes me very unhappy (I'm not unhappy for the school, just bummed about the horses!) I'm not sure how many of the original barns are still there. I do know the main house and a few of the other houses have been around since the civil war. I also don't speak to my ex anymore, so I'm not sure I can give you any more information. I will try to do some more research on my own!
t3h_h0bbitz (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
What's the history of the farm? I don't blame "Buddy". I would have hightailed it out of there if al the lights came on!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-06)
I would be interested in hearing more regarding this faarm, especially the carriages nad the history behind the carriages.

How long ago was this? Is the farm still there and still used?

Thanks for sharing with us!

God Bless!
RonYP (5 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
Scary, I could have fainted on the spot if I was buddy what happened to him was something really extreme. 😭
Missmelanie04 (6 stories) (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
This is a great story! Do you think the hauntings could be connected to the carriages? Perhaps a rider or owner that died a long time ago?
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
Very good story. I'm sure I'd freak out too if I went in and found such things moved around as well as have lights come on just after I'd been in the barn.
Thanks for the story and tell the owners that the guards deserve a raise!
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
Hi, I liked that story. That was kind of funny. I really want to hear more of this storys of this farm. Oh and where is this in Virginny.
GIRLIE 😆 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: