You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Scary Relationship With Agra City

Real Ghost Stories

My Scary Relationship With Agra City

 

In July'2011, I had to move to Agra in Uttar Pradesh for my semester internship for five months. After going through some unnerving incidents in the previous year, which I already mentioned in my previous story, I had moved on.

It started with this one small incident in the hotel itself where I started my internship. It is situated on Fatehabad Road along with other big luxurious hotels. Furthermore, it was my second month into the internship and I just started working in the housekeeping department on the 1st of August. I had the same shift every day from 7:30AM to 4:30PM. But on that day due to less occupancy and fewer people working on the shifts, I was instructed to be on shift until 5:30PM.

I was allotted to work with the senior guestroom attendant on the top floor of the third wing of the hotel, which had its interiors E-shaped. I was instructed by my senior to clean the last three rooms of that floor, which were suites; one of them being the Presidential Suite. I entered the room with my housekeeping cart at the entrance of the room. Now the presidential suite being the largest room had such a layout, that one can see the entire living space with the entrance doors of both the bedrooms on the right side and when one turns left, you can get into the dining space. I was almost done with my work. I was only supposed to do the dusting and vacuuming the room. When I started my work, I felt a bit dizzy, nauseous and out of breath. I took a moment and went back to my cart and took a small slip of water from my bottle. This time, from my peripheral vision, I could see the fluttering of the curtains hanging from the windows in the living area. I looked in a mirror opposite to the room's exit, where I was standing. I saw that the window was not even fluttering this time, but it was moved as if someone just hidden themselves behind it. Likewise, I thought it was just my imagination.

So I moved back inside the room and again that heaviness in my heart could be felt. Leaving it as just a figment of my tired brain's imagination, I moved towards the kitchen. This time, out of nowhere, I saw my right arm, and saw goosebumps. I could feel a cold spot inside that kitchen near the dishwasher. This time, I checked my left arm, and it was the same. I thought I am clearly fatigued, maybe this is why I am getting such feels. I kept dusting and moving around all spaces within the room. Then I increased my pace of work and entered inside one of the bedrooms. This time, I felt as if someone is just beside me looking directly at me. Feeling frustrated of going through such emotions this way again after a year, I turned back and saw again no one over there in the living space.

But I had to work right. So I just quickly went to the cart, and then I realized I am feeling better when I stand outside the door. I then quickly took the vacuum cleaner and decide to get my last work done. When I started vacuuming the room, I could feel someone is standing right within the center of the living room and looking upon me. When I crossed the kitchen space again, I felt that cold spot again and when I entered inside the bedroom, I felt someone this time is strangling me for few seconds. I got breathless and started gasping. I suddenly felt someone tapping on to one of my shoulders. I remember turning back and looking at one of my housekeeping seniors with such relief. My senior looked at me with concern and asked me if I am alright. I replied saying that I am fine. He took the vacuum cleaner quickly out of my hand and vacuumed with such a fast pace. Then he told me one thing, that to never ever accept to work in this room by yourself. I said that, "but your senior told me to work in these last three rooms." He said he will talk to the guy and quickly closed the presidential suite door.

We went back to the housekeeping pantry downstairs on the ground level. Then he asked me if I felt or saw anything with concern in his eyes. I looked back at him in such a manner that he knew, in that instant, I did. Then his colleague entered inside the pantry and saw me. He said sorry for being late and not helping me inside the suite. Then those two guys told me two incidences which happened inside the room previous years.

In 2009, a couple with their two children checked inside the room as one of the Rotary Table India Club conference guests. The wife got killed at night after attending the evening conference dinner. There were rumors about her being domestically abused by her husband. Both her husband and children were not in the room when this incident happened and later on investigations were carried out. Later on, it was ruled out as a suicide case.

The second incident happened after few months of that incident. There were two interns who were working during November in the housekeeping department during evening shift. When the intern was about to leave the guestroom, he saw a shadow entity standing in the center of the room looking directly at him. He got so scared that he couldn't look anywhere beside looking back at the entity's rage filled eyes. When he came out of the trance, apparently he ran out of the wing with his cart left behind. When he told this incident to the housekeeper in charge on that shift, even the senior got spooked. He went back to get the cart down and saw nothing. But he felt uneasiness. Later on, the intern stopped his internship at the hotel and changed it to another property.

So after these two incidences, there had been instances where the room was given to a lot of guests. But most of them complained that they always feel cold inside the room, despite the AC getting turned off and the centralized heater switched on. People had heard footsteps and a scream at night inside the room, even when everyone is sleeping.

My seniors told me that housekeepers always worked in twos in that room. The senior, who came upstairs looking for his colleague and saw me instead, said that it is okay if you felt something. As people who are sensitive to such presences, always heard or even saw something. I don't know whether to believe it or not, because I owe it to my tiredness. But who knows... I maybe just came across something which was about to harm me, but I got saved.

Other hauntings by TheSweetDevil23

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheSweetDevil23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TheSweetDevil23 (6 stories) (49 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-08-10)
Hi Jubeele
thankyou for reviewing my story and for your valuable inputs. The point about carbon monoxide poisoning was there in my mind few years down the lane about the room. But it always made me feel really uneasy that for the first time ever in my life, whatever I felt was corroborated by other people's experiences as well. Cos I was in much better place thinking that spirits are only figment of imagination but to feel them with such intensity and people validating my fears with their experiences scared me the most.
Because whatever thing was there, made lot of people uncomfortable even without knowing about the history of it.
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-08-09)
Hi TheSweetDevil23

Our friends from India have spoken about historic Agra and the beautiful Taj Mahal. Though I wouldn't want to visit that hotel room - it certainly had some unnerving activity. When you said you had "felt a bit dizzy, nauseous and out of breath", it made me think of carbon monoxide poisoning. The symptoms can be subtle, and lack of oxygen can cause blurred vision and confusion. Wonder if the hotel's AC system had been faulty, resulting in low-level CO emissions?
Https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/carbon-monoxide/symptoms-causes/syc-20370642

But the experiences of your colleagues, the intern and other guests, suggest there could also be something else going on. The death of that unfortunate woman could have left an emotional imprint on the room, and her lingering anger might have caused people to feel uncomfortable. I hope that she is finally at peace. Glad your senior colleagues made sure you were kept safe after that.

My younger sister, who used to be in hotel catering, has spoken of certain floors in hotels where the Housekeeping staff would only work in pairs. One such place was a former hotel in Singapore, which had been built over our grandma's old Cairnhill house. There were many odd happenings there.

I think that being tired, severely ill, the effect of certain medications or substances, can lower our natural inhibitions and protections. Sometimes, they might make a person more vulnerable to unfriendly influences. Take care and stay safe.
TheSweetDevil23 (6 stories) (49 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-08-03)
Hi The_Lost_Voyage_11

Thank you so much for your valuable inputs! They indeed gave me some answers to some of the questions that went through my mind for the past decade.
Secondly, after the internship got over, when I went back to Delhi, my birth city, I remember pulling out some articles from the Internet about the hotel incident. I did it during my 6th semester so it was already more than a year from the time my internship got over. Well well! I got indeed surprised that the room number of that suite was mentioned which usually is not a normal or right thing to do reveal the guestroom number on news.
But being a local newspaper of Agra, I assume they don't follow such protocols and mentioned how initially the case which everyone thought was a suicide case, turned out to be murder after a long investigation. The couple were not bigwigs as you thought, but they were indeed an Indian couple who came from abroad to attend that corporate event. From what I gather from this news, they have to be rich, if not some famous couple to get such highly priced room.
While writing this experience, I forgot to mention this plus it was already getting quite lengthy so It skipped my mind while editing it to add this piece of information.
Again thanks a lot for reviewing my story and giving some time out of your busy schedule to read it. Looking forward to get more reviews from you for my other experiences which I am going to recount in few days! Stay safe and healthy...:)
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (233 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-08-01)
Hello TheSweetDevil23, another fascinating encounter, thanks for sharing! This one sounds different than the one you encountered before, and the fact that other people verified hauntings in that room prior to you being there pretty much confirms it. I am wondering about the couple that stayed in that room? Usually (but not always) pretty prominent and important guests stay in upper echelon suites like the Presidential suite. What do you know about that couple, was it a politician, someone famous, an important businessman? The event they attended sounded important. The reason I ask, is the death kind of sounds fishy. There were already rumors of domestic abuse, and then the concluding investigation finds it a case of suicide. I would suspect if the husband for whatever reason got violent he may have killed her and if he was a bigwig of some type, it could have easily been covered up, rather than have a scandal, especially if he was wealthy. An unjustified and equally unresolved murder could make any left over spirit angry. That would explain many of the feelings you and the others encountered in that room.

The staff could have resolved it by calling in some kind of spiritualist to send the spirit on its way and clear the room, so they wouldn't necessarily have to stop renting the room out and lose any money. From what you said, the room remained unoccupied for periods of time, so it wouldn't have been too difficult to carry this out without arousing suspicion.

I'm unsure if this ghost/entity attached to you, it's possible, maybe for the mere fact you are sensitive and knew of and acknowledged it's presence. Maybe they thought you could help them. To have been possibly murdered, have it covered up, and then try to get someone's attention, especially enduring the loneliness of not having that many people really be able to acknowledge it, not everyone could see it, and the room spent a lot of time unoccupied.

I'm sure it's not the same thing from your first story, but I'll have to look into your next submission to determine if there's any chance it's still connected to you. If you feel it is, I would wager you're right. Good luck and I'll look forward to reviewing your next story!
pratanubanerjee (3 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-08-01)
This paranormal story is really beautiful. I love the way you have expressed yourself. Your style of writing is excellent.
TheSweetDevil23 (6 stories) (49 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-08-01)
To Rajine

Well the thing is that they cannot stop giving that room right. It brings business. Being the highest priced room, Hotels usually don't stop selling the room whenever they get business and usually these largest suites don't get guests on daily basis. This presidential suite, due to the same reason was usually empty for days or sometimes even weeks. So I am sure even though there were complaints, it wouldn't have been everyday. Plus these incidents along with mine happened a decade ago. So I guess it must have stopped now. But you are right though. I feel I was in the wrong place totally at wrong moment. I never though something of this sort would happen during daytime.
Rajine (14 stories) (740 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-07-28)
Hi TheSweetDevil23

Sounds like you were in the wrong place at the wrong time, but if other workers in that hotel say it's haunted and that a death occurred in that specific room and even guests complain about that room, why aren't the hotel managers and owners not doing anything to solve the problem?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: