You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Monster In The House

Real Ghost Stories

Monster In The House

 

When I was a little girl I lived in an old building that my dad turned into our home. We lived downstairs and there were apartments upstairs it was not uncommon to here strange noises during the day or night.

For about a week my four year old brother would wake up screaming that the monster was going to take him away. Whether he slept during the day or night, he would wake up screaming the same thing.

One night my mom heard someone running down the hall from where my sister and I slept. So she got up to see if one of us was sick. When she got to the door she saw a white figure coming at her as it passed her it lifted up and went around the corner into the bathroom and vanished through the wall. My mom grabbed her bible and started praying.

The next day our minister came to our house and blessed the house. Since the blessing my brother stopped having dreams about the monster after that. BUT I DID!

It became a normal thing for me to see things in that house, and to have dreams of a little boy telling me when bad things were going to happen. I still have dreams about that old building and they are never good ones even though it has been torn down now it still haunts me.

Sometimes I think what ever was there followed me. Some good, some bad, but I have learned to live with it as I have gotten older.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bluemary, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Dantheman (7 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-18)
*john*--- well now your zoajet? Hmmmmm well I would stop giving my freind dan advice. I don't need help, I feel great! Better than ever. So how about you saty out of my way, and stop giving him ideas to try and have an excorcism done
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-18)
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-17)
I had my worst nightmares as a child as many kids do. I had a few when pregnant but of course chalked that up to hormonal overload. Sounds like there was enough trauma in that place for it to be haunted. I don't know if you picked up on whatever was there and dreamed about but it's possible. Your mother seeing the white form sounds like residual haunting as well but still is shocking when one witnesses it.
To zoejet:
I have never read of a child disappearing forever in a closet. Ususally they find out it was someone very real who is the monster. Are there portals to another dimension? Who is to say? I just don't believe in closet monsters that abduct children.
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-16)
interesting! Very interesting... I think that you should ask your brother about it.
Keola101 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-16)
its followed you you will probably have these dreams for a while if not ever
Jessica_Rabbit (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
Children are extra sensitive to the supernatural that is around all of us. This could be the reason that the three of you kids had such a bother with this thing. When I thought about it, nothing good came to me, so I'm really glad they tore the building down. If it HAS happened to follow you for some reason, I would pray about it and wear a protective charm of some sort.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-14)
well your brother may have been dreaming of somthing to come, you also may be dreaming of somthing to come. Now I don't know if any one know about this but, a long time ago a boy was always picked on by his brother because he kept saying there was a monster in his closet. One day his brother and his brother's friends locked him in his closet. The little boy kept yelling out the monster going to get him. When his sister told their mother, she came to tell them to let the boy out. When they open the door, he was not there. I don't even thing they know today what happen to him. This is a true story also.
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
Well, this is just a theory but it could be a embodiment of all the negative stuff that has happened there. The monster I mean.
bluemary (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
thanks patch, my mom and dad said that there was a suicide, in 1972 a murder in the early 1900, I will write a story about that at another time. ❤
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
Hmmm... It sounds like something really bad. Did you ever look into the history of the house?
I can't really give you advice, wear a cross or some form of safety charm maybe that could help you with all the bad stuff
Good Luck ❤
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
I agree with mandalyn05 on this, but it's interesting about this white figure coming.
I'm not too sure what to make of this story!
But it is extremley interesting!
Take care
bluemary (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
I should have mentiond that one of the renters, upstairs had also seen the same figure that night. She said that her daughter, who was the same age that I was, was screaming in her sleep when she went to her this thing was floating over her, and she started praying and it went through the wall, underneith her bedroom was our hallway. My mom truely think this was a demon. Thank you for reading. 😁
mandalyn05 (5 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
I really don't know what to say about this. I've often wondered about children who get scared of monsters in their closets, under their beds, etc., and I've wondered if they speak the truth. I'm thinking that it could possibly be a demon. Not quite sure though and I could be wrong.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: