I've heard this story all my life growing up and it continues to send shivers up my spine. It happened to my grandmother years ago. My mother was a teenager and she had gone out with her sister. My grandmother was at home doing chores. Suddenly, the door bell rings and it's my grandmothers' cousin. She looked like she was in a hurry, talking really fast. She told my grandmother she had stopped by to say goodbye. Puzzled, my grandmother asks her where she was going. Her cousin ignores her question and insists that she must leave at once. While leaving, her sweater gets caught on one of the dining room chairs. She tugged at her sweater and a small piece of wool ripped off. She left the apartment. My grandmother stood there completely bewildered because her cousin had never acted that way before. She decided to go back to her chores when the phone rang. It was my grandmothers cousins' sister calling to let her know that her sister had gotten into and accident and passed away a few hours earlier! My grandmother told her that her sister had just left her apartment ten minutes ago. After my grandmother hung up the phone, she went to sit in the dining room (she was in complete shock) when she noticed the piece of wool that her deceased cousin had left behind was still there!
One Last Goodbye
Hauntings with similar titles
Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York
Comments about this paranormal experience
The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.
To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!
© The ghost story One Last Goodbye is copyrighted to serenity14. Edited by yourghoststories.com.
Search this site:
- Electrical Disturbances Or A Communication?
- Supervising Ghost
- The Unholy Night
- The Old Maternity Hospital Part 2
- The Old Maternity Hospital
- A Fight Against Evil
- A Touch In A Breezy Morning And Modern Technology?
- The Unexplained Event Which Shook My Life
- The Hairbrush And The Quilt Box
- Our Haunted First Apartment
- Attention Needed - Strange Chanting
- A Life Saved By My Mother - 3 Years After Passing
- Larry, Looking For Trouble And Finding It
- The Slumber Party Incident
- Dog Doesn't Believe That There's Nothing There
- A Sighting Of Some Sort Of Carcass Eating Entity
- The Old Parma Train Station Secretary
- Back To Where I Am
- The Lime Tree
- Too Cold For Comfort