You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Last Assignment

Real Ghost Stories

The Last Assignment

 

Delhi, India, 22nd December 2009. 6:00 PM on a chilly evening. I was scheduled to meet with some friends for dinner at a restaurant around 50 kilometres away from my house. I called a cab company and booked a pick-up at 7:00 PM. There was no Ola or Uber in those days; indeed even smart phones and apps were unheard of back then. You either called a cab company or you went out on the street and flagged down an empty cab.

I got a text message on my mobile phone with the driver's name Manoj Singh, and the car registration number. Then exactly at 7 PM, I got a call from the driver. "Wow that's punctual" I thought and went downstairs to find the cab waiting for me. The driver Manoj Singh was a man in his late fifties, with grey hair and simple but clean clothes.

After I checked his ID and got in, he told me that the ride might take a bit longer than usual, maybe around an hour and a half, due to the foggy weather. That was fine with me as I was scheduled to meet my friends only at 9:00 PM.

15 minutes into the journey, I noticed that Manoj had not switched on the meter.

"Uncle, you have not switched on the meter yet. How are you going to charge me?", I asked him.

"Never mind, Sir. It is a free trip for you.", Manoj responded with a smile.

"What?", I retorted with a puzzled look.

"Today is my last day on the job. I am retiring tomorrow and will then go on a pilgrimage to all the holy places in India. This is my last assignment and you are my last passenger. I cannot take money from you.", Manoj clarified.

"No Uncle, that is not acceptable to me. We met only 15 minutes ago; so I cannot take favours from you for no reason. You are providing me with a service, so I will pay you for the same," I shot back.

"Beta, you called me Uncle and it is me who is asking for a favour from you. I would feel good if my last assignment was not for money. After all, 200 rupees won't make a difference to either you or me. Please don't deny me the chance to do some good.", Manoj said.

I simply could not argue any further. I leaned back in my seat and reflected on the fact that the simple man next to me had a bigger heart than most well-heeled people. Then I started chatting with Manoj. He was quite gregarious and told me that he has been driving a cab for 35 years. "Never once have I missed a pick-up or not been on time.", Manoj claimed proudly.

I started nodding my head in appreciation, when I noticed that the watch around his wrist - an old, worn-out timepiece - was not working. In fact, the hands were stuck at 6:45 PM. Bit ironical for such a punctual person to be wearing a non-functioning timepiece.

Manoj followed my gaze and understood the slight skepticism that had crept over my features. He covered the watch with his shirt sleeve and said with a sheepish smile, "I know my watch doesn't work; but it was a gift from my father, so I always wear it as a lucky charm. Besides, we don't need a watch to be on time."

I had to agree that indeed, Manoj did not need a watch to be on time, at least in my case. We continued to talk as he drove on and I learnt that Manoj was a widower, his son was an engineer and had just got married, his daughter-in-law was expecting and so on. Finally we reached my destination, again on time. 90 minutes spent with a good man.

I stepped out of the cab and said to Manoj, "It is very rare to meet a good person like you. I know you won't take money from me; but at least you have to accept something from me as a memory of this ride. Please take this watch as a gift from your last passenger."

I slid my watch off my wrist and offered it to Manoj. After some initial hesitation, he accepted my little gift. I thanked him again and said goodbye. Manoj drove off and I walked in to the restaurant to meet my friends.

About 5 minutes later, my phone rang and I picked it up. "Sir, I am calling from the cab company. We are very sorry that your scheduled pick-up has not happened yet. We are arranging for another cab to pick you up immediately," a lady said apologetically from the other side.

I was confused and blurted out, "What do you mean? The cab had come to pick me up on time and dropped me at my destination as well."

The lady paused for a few seconds and finally asked, "Who picked you up, Sir?"

"Manoj Singh, the driver who was supposed to pick me up. I even checked his ID and the car registration number before boarding," I said.

"Sir, there must be some misunderstanding. Somebody else may have picked you up. Manoj Singh died in a road accident at around 6:45 PM today. He was on his way to pick you up when a truck collided with his car and he succumbed to his injuries instantly. We have just been informed about his death," the lady said.

I froze and the phone slipped out of my hand. With a dull throbbing in my head, I understood why Manoj Singh didn't take money from me - he didn't need it where he was going. I also realized that his watch was not working as it had stopped at the time of impact. Yet he did his duty one last time and managed to arrive on time - even at his last assignment - punctual to the minute, as he claimed.

Standing there in the air-conditioned lobby of the restaurant, I started sweating. Suddenly remembering something I looked at my wrist. My watch was still there. Manoj Singh didn't need my watch either!

Other hauntings by discerninguser

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, discerninguser, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GauthamDevara (2 posts)
-1
1 year ago (2023-01-03)
Valkicry, I do understand that you must do your due diligence before removing the post.

The facts though are plain to see. The stories have been posted years apart and its not the first time that the author has done it. The last three posts have been lifted from different sites, posted by different contributors.

Also, would he be changing the verbage of the original stories and why would he be changing the locations and the names of the characters from the original stories if he was indeed the original contributor?

I hope you conclude your investigations quickly, because this is seriously affecting the credibility of this site.
The_Dark_Soul (5 stories) (17 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2022-12-27)
Hmm... It's nice but very "Aahat" kind of story. I hope next time it will be a better one.

Till then guys, y'all can read my story. I can't guarantee whether it is Unique or not... But at least it's true!

Thank you
❤ ❤ ❤
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+4
1 year ago (2022-12-20)
GauthamDevara, do you know for a fact that the OP and the author of this are NOT one and the same? Neither do I, so it is under investigation. This is why we prefer to receive unique TRUE stories.
GauthamDevara (2 posts)
-3
1 year ago (2022-12-20)
Now that we know where this guy lfted this story now can we please remove the post from YGS. We look to visit this site to read real experiences from contributors. Or at least have them use their imagination to come up with their own stories. This guy is an embarrassment.

Https://www.wattpad.com/841167547-real-indian-urban-legends-and-stories-the-cab
LisaD77 (7 posts)
 
1 year ago (2022-12-13)
Bibliothecarius

THERE IT IS! Thank you so much! I searched high and low for it. I knew it was either another story I read, or a t.v. Show I watched. 😁
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+8
1 year ago (2022-12-10)
Greetings, all (again!).

I just posted in discerninguser's "Narrow Escape From A Malevolent Entity In Rural Kerala" (https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=27995) moments ago.

For those like LisaD77 who believe "I have heard this story somewhere else before," perhaps you read it on Reddit's r/nosleep "The Cab Driver" (https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/25m4un/the_cab_driver/) 9 years ago when it was published there with different names but very similar times, distances, events, etc.? The same story is on wattpad, also (https://www.wattpad.com/841167547-real-indian-urban-legends-and-stories-the-cab).

Best,
An increasingly disappointed Biblio.
TravisCannabis (69 posts)
+14
1 year ago (2022-12-09)
[at] discerninglooser & karan

Chill out dudes, no need to go nuclear. Or what, are u pmsing? 😆 😆
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
+7
1 year ago (2022-12-09)
Hey Karan, is that a promise that you won't visit this website again? If so, good riddance 😂
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+8
1 year ago (2022-12-08)
KaranSobti,
Whoa, you certainly make quick judgments for someone who literally joined today (12/8). Yeah... So right about now, you're asking where your comments went. I deleted them. For the most part they were childish, obvious attempts at causing trouble. They contributed nothing to the discussion. I will continue to delete your comments that are made in this vein. I suggest you read the comments guidelines because you go about 60 feet over the line with many of your comments.
That being said, LisaD77, I also deleted your last comment. I understand the reaction, but don't stoop to their level. Ok? Besides it made no sense after I deleted his remark.
Ok, kiddies, let's play nice!
Cosmos (26 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2022-12-05)
Hi Rajine,

Thank you for your comment. What you wrote makes a lot of sense. Just to add on that a bit more, when the experience is subjective one of the ways to test the validity of the story is through discourse analysis. We ask questions and analyze how the person builds his/her story.

Respectfully
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2022-12-05)
All my life, even now, after having been through and experienced a lot of supernatural things I still try to look for a logical or practical approach to those experiences and I just can't, but one thing I've learned is that in regards to the supernatural and spiritual, common sense, logic and reasoning goes right out of the window, maybe they (the spirit world?🤷‍♂️) functions according to their own set of logic that's far beyond our understanding.

Constructive criticism is good, so is asking questions, but we need to understand that all we can do is try to understand, because we didn't experience other people's incidents, only they know what they felt and went through, unless we have tangible, visual proof of stories being fake and plagiarized or posters who post stories and cannot explain it further in the comments when asked about it, or they just avoid questions altogether, we cannot determine whether or not a story is true or not, it's always good to ask questions first before determining whether it's a lie instead of just reading it and saying it's fake. As I reiterate my point in saying that in regards to the spiritual world logic and reasoning goes out of the window.
Cosmos (26 posts)
+1
1 year ago (2022-12-05)
Hello discerninguser,

Thank you for sharing your story. You have excellent language and writing skills. Although I admire your abilities with writing, I'm afraid I have to disagree with a few of your comments, especially about Lady Glow. Many people know here that she asks questions that many people wouldn't. I also don't think it's fair to say that her comments target especially Indian users. Do you have the statistics for that, or are you taking talib's comment as a piece of evidence or even worse, are you insinuating something else with that comment? I don't think she "targets" people according to their nationalities; instead, she always focuses on how convincing the argument is. You can see her responses on her profile to users from Virginia, Indiana and many more.

Moreover, I believe she has an excellent critical thinking quality that many are missing. There are many users here, and many would agree with what everyone writes, and only a few ask questions. Asking questions is the only way to identify how someone's argument is flawed or incomplete. Because once these missing pieces are found, the author's stories are tested and validated by the audience, and Lady Glow significantly contributes to that.

Moving forward, your response to Lady Glow is quite bitter and what you insinuated is not who she is, so I think it requires an apology.

So now that we are done, I am at least with the Lady Glow part, so if you don't mind me asking, I have a few questions, too.

In your story, four areas leave me in an "I don't get it" situation.

The first one is about the call from the taxi company. "About 5 minutes later, my phone rang and I picked it up", you said. So considering that your trip took 90 minutes, did the cab company wait 95 minutes to call back the client to tell them that the first driver would not make it, so they are arranging the second one? They waited that long to arrange someone else. Ok, fine, let's say that the taxi company got the sad news after some time. Not 30, 45 or 60 minutes; it was 95 minutes after. Isn't it a strange coincidence that they only call you 95 minutes later, which is 5 minutes right after he drops you off? That's the first part that I raise an eyebrow.

The second one is related to the fare. You wrote, "After all, 200 rupees won't make a difference to either you or me". I am not so sure, but anywhere in the world, a 90 minutes taxi fare would make a difference to the driver and the client. So where in the world would you have a ride for 90 minutes that would cost 200 rupees or the equivalent?

The third one is related to the taxi itself. So the ghost driver doesn't take material things from you such as money or your watch but did he drive a real taxi, and he was a ghost, or were you rid in a ghost taxi?

The last part that I don't get is related to the part with your watch. So you slid your watch from your wrist and handed it over to him. Ok, fine. Are you now saying that your watch suddenly appeared back on your wrist just at the call? Or was that an illusion that it never happened? Or you thought you took your watch off, but it never happened, so all this time, your watch was on your arm, and you just noticed it with the call.

Could you please clarify?

Once again, thank you for the story and for reading my comment. I hope it doesn't upset you because it's nothing personal.

All the best.
LisaD77 (7 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2022-12-05)
I am extremely open minded, as I grew up in a haunted house, and something has always followed my 7 siblings and me, since then; so don't say, "people like me," as you haven't the slightest idea, who I am, what my beliefs are, or what I have experienced. I know for a fact, that spirits exist, period. I can smell bs from a mile away, is all. I was about 1/3 into this story, and I recognized it. In fact, I already new the ending, before I finished reading. The story line was different, but the punch line was exact. 🤷‍♀️
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (233 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2022-12-03)
Hello discerninguser, what an incredible account, thanks for sharing it!

Not long ago someone had also posted a story about a delivery man who showed up to make his last delivery after the accident that cost him his life, the dedication to ones profession even beyond death is incredible. I also believe it has to do with it being the last thing on their mind when they transition.

Your theory involving parallel universes in your encounter may explain what happened to some degree. If you want to check it out, I wrote about an encounter that happened to me titled: We Summoned Something: A Strange Experience. In it I encountered some form of entity/being that did something to reality. I couldn't explain it, but somehow it seemed as if the sounds around us had stopped and we were in some sort of fog or veil for lack of a better term, but reality definitely wasn't running right. I wasn't transported anywhere but whatever field it had enveloped my friend and I in was a bizarre experience.

You said it yourself and rather well, there is much out there we don't understand nor can we explain. A lot of it can't be proven directly by science, quantum physics/mechanics has begun to breach the subject. However you cannot strap a ghost into a machine and test it, or run experiments on it. It's something not of our world and so how can people expect to test it with instruments designed to measure forces in our world?

The point being if what I encountered could bend reality in a sense, then what happened to you makes more sense at least to me. Whatever fields these entities/beings generate, we don't know where it can take us or how it affects us. I've read stories of people being seemingly transported back in time, like what happened in Versailles, people losing time, making a trip that should have taken several hours in only 30 minutes, and recently a poster in here mentioned an incident where they say what looked like civil war soldiers observing a sporting event and looking rather confused.

I don't think time and space operate like we've been told, I think it all happens at the same time, separated by vibration. That's my take on it. It's like reading a book, you could be in the middle of the book, but any time you could go right back to the beginning or skip to the end, it's right there in your hand, only pages and chapters separate it all out. It's where your consciousness is at the moment.

As to lady-glow, she has commented positively on many posts, and she asks questions when things don't line up for her, when she needs clarification. I don't get the impression she was picking your story apart, just trying to understand it. I experienced something along those lines, so it makes more sense to me, but someone else may need more context.

I'm as aussiedaz puts it for himself (always good to hear from you aussie) more inclined to believe what I read, and I trust my feeling and intuition on it. If I feel it's paranormal then I go with that, I'm not one to try to rationalize it away or find explanations. On the same note if I feel it's not supernatural, then again, I will state it.

I enjoy your writing style, hopefully what I've added helps and I look forward to hearing more of your experiences as you relate them!
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2022-12-02)
Lady Glow, You are intelligent, curious, a reliable source to this site and by delving into situations you open doors to what may have been innocently left out of a story. Good on you for your loyalty to this site. I can honestly say, I would never have detected English isn't your mother tongue. You write better than me and your Grammer and punctuation is also better than my lazy lack of both.
Miandra is still in shock and still missing mum. I am too. Time will help no doubt. Thank you lovely lady for caring. X
Discerninguser,yeah a notification email or text would be a bonus on this site but in all honesty it's a great site, great feedback, help and support from members, so checking in to see if there are messages for us is nothing worth worrying about. I have really enjoyed reading about yours and Daz's concepts of alternative parallel universes. I'm so glad Lady Glow opened the door to finding out more on this story. I need more coffee. This thread is so interesting. Thanks for your reply.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2022-12-01)
lady-glow

It is important for the integrity of this site to have people like yourself asking those tougher questions there must be a balance in the community that's not too far one way. I'm probably a little guilty of rushing in head first myslef and believing everything I read however I guess with this author. I have a special interest in this particular phenomenon because it just blows my mind how it happens and what may be the explanation behind them. I would encourage anyone to come forward if they have had similar accounts.

Cheers for your remark, have a nice day.

Aussie!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+5
1 year ago (2022-12-01)
Hello again, everyone.

Thank you all for your answers and comments... I'm pleased to see the feedback and a real discussion, in contrast to the many good stories that have come and gone with almost no one commenting.

I really value the exchange of ideas because they offer the chance to learn something new.

Daz, it's always good to 'see' you around and to read your interesting comments.

SWS and Crimson, I hope everything is going well for both of you.

Thanks to all.
Life is beautiful.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+7
1 year ago (2022-12-01)
discerninguser.

THANK YOU very much for answering my question, although your response is addressed to CrimsonTopaz, she only quoted my words.

I'm amused at the way you have described me like being a grammar-Nazi, specially since I have always made it clear that English is not my first language and my comments are always full of grammar mistakes. Nevertheless, I'm a good reader and tend to spot right away the writing style of another non-native English speaker.

Have you ever considered that, perhaps, what you have decided to interpret as "snide remarks and sarcastic comments", is nothing else than the reflection of my flawed English?

And yes, I agree that in the past I have used some members poor English a reason to doubt their stories. But I have always have my reasons.

You have been a member of the forum long enough as to, perhaps, remember a poster (from India), whose few comments were simple and short, with just enough words to fulfill the number of characters required by the guidelines of the site. But then, when their two "experiences" where published they were written in a perfect Shakespearian style that didn't resemble the poster's comments.

On top of it, one of the stories was supposed to have taken place on a mountain range somewhere in the USA.

Long story short, it was enough to google check these stories and the "OP" had only plagiarized them from other forums in the internet! One of this forums was called something on the line of "Indian Hauntings", by 'Indian' meaning Native-American.
The poor fool!

Needless to say, 'their' stories were removed, and the poster banned. Good riddance, if I may say.

But I digress. Back to this story, my first question was genuine curiosity:
"I wonder if any passerby was able to see the car and its occupants, or only you in a seated position floating through the foggy roads of the city?"

In haunted places is common to report objects being moved by invisible forces so, wouldn't it make sense to wonder if a ghost would be able to move a person? Do ghosts have the ability to show themselves only to the ones they want, but remain unseen to the rest of the people?

If you made it this far, I should say that I'm glad I asked what I asked... The theory of the parallel universes makes more sense and, perhaps, it wouldn't have been brought up if not for my "habit of trying hard to poke holes in other's accounts".

Once again, thanks for answering my questions.

Namaste.
BelieverDude11 (7 posts)
+5
1 year ago (2022-12-01)
Crimson Topaz - thanks for your cordial interest in my experiences. I had always had a sense of the spiritual since early childhood, even OBE (OUT OF BODY) experiences which stopped after I turned ten years old. But I had only one clear ghostly experience (saw more than one in a graveyard one dusky evening, I was still schooling in high school but transferred to a school in another state, due to dropping out because of illness). I had heard some cautionary hints about the place but I heeded it not n didn't like to dwell on it. I submitted an account of it once under another account. But it was not accepted though it was an honest account (I am a VERY honest person/soul. I seem to have the problem of forgetting passwords, didn't make a habit of writing them down in paper notebooks for remembrance.
I MAY submit another fresh narrative of it, after due consideration, maybe, maybe not. However after that experience, after which I fell ill for two days with a fever, (I was also caught in a heavy downpour, soaked to the skin on my bicycle.) A couple of years later, before I took up yogi meditations, I had prayed fervently with my whole Soul that I would never ever see spirits again, n God hasnt failed me for decades afterwards in that. I didn't pray that I wouldn't sense them. I still can sense supernatural presences.
However most of my supra normal experiences are from the Lord, not of spirits. I had a few days ago thought to try to submit those God experiences in a Sister site to this Your Ghost Stories site, known as "SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCES". My O.B.E. Experiences I may submit to "Psychic Experiences" Another sister site to this one... However regarding that there is only ONE CLEAR MEMORY OR TWO. I AM NOW 67 Y.O. Those OBE's happened many decades ago.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+6
1 year ago (2022-12-01)
Discerninguser

I'd noticed in one of your responses you feel the explanation may have something to do with a parallel dimension or universes? I have researched this phenomenon for over a decade now, as it has always intrigued me in how they occur and what is the science if any behind it?

Drawing down on my own conclusions. It starts with what most physicists accept as a mathematical equation. The Higgs field (our universe) is a field of probabilities. In short with my own layman understanding of what this means.

Matematically any potential is possible in a universe of which at its core (on a microscopic level) is a wave function of energy that interacts with any or all observations.

The double slit experiment depicts this hypotheses with 100 percent accuracy although in fairness to all the best brains of the world, they still don't understand how atoms interact with observation however, through using mathematics they could probably formulate a potential that would give us an explanation as to how this particular phenomon interacts with the Higgs field.

I could go on and on, however to wrap it up I'll put my 2 cents worth in and attempt to explain it this way.

The mind doesn't belong to the body, the body belongs to the mind. With consciousness being fundamental to our reality we possess the tools of mind in creating the reality around us and the reality for those within our own space.

I mentioned the sliding door moment? I do believe our guardians watch over us and collectively through the power of mind and using the fundamental strength of consciouness they can interact with the Higgs field almost at will in creating any potential they see fit. We have heard about these miracles since Adam was a boy right?

This man died before he picked you up however it doesn't mean his own part in making sure you got to where you were going wasn't a part of this greater consciousness effort (gaurdians) in perhaps keeping you safe?

I speak from experience as I believe this happened to both my wife and sister in law.

Regards Daz
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+6
1 year ago (2022-12-01)
[at] CrismonTopaz, In regards to the car disappearing before my son and I... I'd submitted the story here around 12 years ago under the heading of "The Woman in black" in relation to my wife's account, I can discuss it a little further over there if you like however, it wouldn't be fair to the author or the continuity of this thread to hijack it with my own accounts.

Regards Daz
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
+4
1 year ago (2022-12-01)
Dear CrimsonTopaz

Thanks for your comment. I wish this website would send notifications or something; when people start commenting. Otherwise the only way to check up on new comments is to keep revisiting the page.

Frankly speaking, I have no idea as to how the dead person was able to drive a car (especially when that vehicle had been smashed in an accident and was still at the accident site). So was I sitting in a phantom car? How did he manage to get me to my destination?

I do have a theory and it has to do with parallel dimensions or universes. I have heard that there are countless parallel universes which exist side by side. So maybe I was temporarily sucked into an universe where the driver didn't die or where the laws of physics (as we know it) don't apply.

We really know very less about the world around us; and even lesser about the universe. Scientists are discovering more and more strange things which could not even be contemplated a couple of decades ago.

Humans perceive the world around us in four dimensions by using the five senses that we possess. But there are many things that we cannot perceive. Maybe in years to come, scientists will unlock more mysteries and we might have better answers.

That's the best explanation that I can offer. 😊

This comment from discerninguser is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

This comment from discerninguser is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
-3
1 year ago (2022-12-01)
Dear BelieverDude11

Thanks for your comment.

Many people are actually arrogant enough to assume that they know everything about the world around us and if something doesn't fit in the accepted narrative, then they love to mock and make snide comments.

These people forget that there was a time (few centuries ago) when European thinkers and scientists actually believed that the earth is at the center of the universe and everything revolves around it. They would ridicule and torment people who disagreed with them.

Yet in the Rigveda (which was written thousands of years ago), the sun is described like a horse trainer who is standing in the center and has the reins of several horses in his hands which are galloping around him. The horses are of course the planets which orbit the sun in the center and the reins are nothing but gravitational force.

This comment from discerninguser is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
+1
1 year ago (2022-12-01)
Dear Sleeping-with-steve

Thank you for your comment and I am really touched by the fact that it moved you to tears.

As far as knowing where he is buried is concerned, we Hindus do not bury the dead. Instead they are cremated (burned) after the last rituals are conducted; and the ashes immersed in flowing water (a river or a stream). In rare instances, the body is even given a water burial.

End of the day, whether a dead body is buried or cremated or given a sky burial (like Zoroastrians do), the intention is to consign it to the elements. Earth to earth, dust to dust and all that. Hindus believe that the mortal coil (human body) is made up of the 5 elements of nature.

Thanks also for defending me against crazy4. You are welcome to hijack my post. 😊

This comment from discerninguser is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
+1
1 year ago (2022-12-01)
Dear aussiedaz

Thank you for your wonderful comment and also for pointing out the Telly Savalas incident. I had read about it 25 years ago and had quite forgotten about it.

Yes, now that I think of it, his encounter does have a striking resemblance with mine.
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
 
1 year ago (2022-12-01)
discerninguser-
Comments are flying left right and centre. Where are you? This thread has become very interesting.
Believer Dude- I'd love to hear about your situation. I look forward to reading it if you submit it. Ignore people who don't believe your situation. It's not for them to judge what you've experienced.
Lady glow- you always come up with great questions, 'did he abduct the OP to the afterlife during the 90 minutes that the ride lasted?' I'd be interested to know that to. I never thought about that when I read this. I do still think the taxi driver was a good spirit who cared enough to finish his job enabling him peace so as to travel to the next life perhaps.
Daz- I loved Kojak. I'd also love to hear about the car that vanished with 2 people if you submit that.
LisaD77- why are you mocking this OP? The guidelines specify to be respectful of other members. I hope I'm not out of place replying to everyone. I can be a bit of an interfering old duck at times.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: