You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Feelings of Dread and Orbs

Real Ghost Stories

Feelings of Dread and Orbs

 

Four nights ago, my husband and I went to bed quite late, around 12:30am. I guess we both dozed off as soon as our heads hit the pillow. I was suddenly awakened. Thinking it was time to wake the children to get ready for school, I checked the mobile phone for the time, and it was only 2:58am.

Just as suddenly as I had waken up, a feeling of dread filled the room. Even in my state of half awake, I felt the room cool and it seemed as though there was a bad presence nearby. I closed my eyes and prayed that this feeling, deep in the pits of my stomach, would go away.

After a minute or so, I opened my eyes, and there floating around the room were three spirit like objects. Two in the shape of orbs and one big one which looked like a faint white bed sheet. It seemed that the two orbs were aggressively following the bigger spirit around the bedroom. They would intertwine with this other spirit as if they were trying to push it away.

Soon the bigger spirit disappeared and the two orbs were entwining with each other as though playing. The bad feeling immediately went away and a happy feeling filled the atmosphere. I watched these orbs as they played and chased each other. I felt at peace and enjoyed watching them at play.

I couldn't go back to sleep for the rest of the night. It was an incredible experience.

Other hauntings by marijun

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, marijun, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostwritter (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
So last night something like that without the orbs, happened to me. I was sleeping and was abruptly awoken with a feeling that can only be described as pure dread. It came in waves, each growing in intensity. The first one I initially thought nothing of. The second was much worse. Still did nothing. Then the third was so overwhelming I got up and now have been up. Your story was the closest to mine I could find so far. Hoping it was nothing but, the fear was so intense.
marijun (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-12)
wow, mustang. What an experience to be picked up by an entity. I've been touched by and entity but not picked up.

whitebuffalo's comment seem to make more sense now. I guess the bigger entity just got annoyed with the smaller ones and faded away to someplace quieter...

flutterwings also could have a point. If the bigger orb was bad, then the smaller ones might just be trying to shoo it away, but then my feeling of a bad presence could just well be misunderstanding once again, and I'm just placing fear in place. (if that made sense)

thanks guys for your comments and views. I'm beginning to feel more at ease with the paranormal world. I guess I still have a lot to learn with them...

God Bless all
Astral184 (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-26)
well, the only comment I can make is that you mention the time 2:58 going on the 'spirit hour of 3am when ghostly activity is strongest, I am glad you were not too frightened.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-25)
How beautiful, Marijun,
I get the feeling that the body torso sized entity was not a bad one, it was just trying to get noticed in the same space that the "sprites" were playing. He was just a floating by and enjoying the fact that their "light" had woken you when these little guys were in the middle of a game. He seems to have gotten "fed up" with the pestering playfulness and figured "forget it, I am outta here", almost like when you have an adult animal and two babies. Eventually the one who is "too old to play" will just wander away.
Thank you.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
Hi marijun. MY experience with the big, black mass (bedsheet looking thing) was well, as big as a full-size or queen size bed sheet with fluttering edges. It looked nothing of the size of a human torso. I guess entities can come in whatever shape they want. Too bad, mine didn't come in a more normal shape! Even if it did, I would have still been freaked out with it tring to pick me up like it did!

SHELBY ❤ 😊
marijun (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
Hi guys...
The bedsheet thing was as big as an upper body of a person and the orbs were the size of tennis balls Frawin. Yeh, it seemed as though the orbs were trying to chase the bedsheet thingy out of the room... It was scary and yet a happy experience at the same time. I guess one needs to be there at the time in order for one to truly know how it feels.
This experience was th first time it happened. I'v never had such a close up encounter such as right in front of my face, literally... God Bless all!
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-24)
This was an amazing story. I do believe this happen, but kind of made me think of my kids when they played with theets to scare each other. First I heard of the sheets. The orbs sounded like orbs of rescue to me.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Hi Marijun. I thought I heard this story before, identical to the experience you told in one of your comments in "To Believe Or Not To Believe". I went to check one of your stories to see if maybe you DID mention this in one of your comments and there it was. I posted a comment about the big black mass that I experienced that looked like a floating sheet except the edges of it were fluttering, like floating. My experience was not pleasant like yours was. I wish it were.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Hi marijun. What color was the orbs and how big was the "bedsheet" thing?I'm not doubting your story, in fact I believe you,it's just that if I see a bedsheet size thing floating in my bedroom at three a.m.,I'm getting the heck out of Dodge.
Thank you for sharing your story with us, I enjoyed it. I look forward to your future stories. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-22)
Although I do not personaly out much signifigance in orbs, this sounds as if the sighting was far more than just orbs.

Have you had any other occurances, wither before or after this one? Has anyone else in your home had any type of occurance?

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: