You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Ghost In The School Bathroom

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost In The School Bathroom

 

I live up in Northern Ca. Its very country up here and this town is very famous for the gold rush.

Today was my first day of summer school- blech. I was not familiar with the place because it was more of a school for "bad kids". I have never attended summer school until now and I was sort of scared because there were a lot of bad kids that got in fights and smoked pot and have been to juvy.

I was in the class and I felt very misplaced because I am known as a "good goody". I asked the teacher to go to the bathroom. I was walking down the hall feeling fine but all the sudden I felt very uneasy and nervous. I thought nothing of it so as I reached the bathroom I took the stall between the two other ones. No one was in there, and all the stalls were empty. As I closed the stall door, I heard the bathroom door open and someone walking in. I saw the shadow go past my stall as they passed, but then they didn't go in any of the stalls or leave the bathroom or anything- they just stopped at the back of the bathroom. I opened the door and walked out. No one was there. I thought I was just too tired and my mind was playing tricks on me. I went to the sink to wash my hands. Then I heard the footsteps again. They were louder this time though and they were coming towards me. I turned around and right as I did they it stopped and no one was there. By this point I was starting to freak out. I turned back around to wash my hands as fast as I could and the foot steps started again. This time I didn't even turn. I just ran out the door.

As I was walking down the hall they were still behind me and as I started to quicken my pace up so did they. I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Right as I put my hand on the class room door, it stopped. So did I. I just stood there for a few seconds just re-capping what happened. Right as I walked in the door I rushed back to my seat and sat down next to my friend. She noticed I was pale and speechless. The funny thing is, she said, "What happened, it looks like you just saw a ghost." I looked at her and said "You have no idea." she got a confused look on her face and I told her what happened. She just nodded and said. "You know, I'm not surprised. Like 6 years back, two girls got in a fight in that bathroom and one pulled a knife. The girl died later that day in the Hospital." She's not the type to lie and I totally believed her because she knows not to mess around with me with all the paranormal stuff. She knows I freak out.

I'm still in shock about what happened today. It was an interesting experience.

.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Twilight_Babe21, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nady911 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
I'm not sure whether I should believe the your story or not. At every school I've been to someone supposedly died in the bathroom or auditorium or something. But you actually SAW it so I'm not sure...
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-03)
That is scary, scary, scary! 😨
I would have run all the way back to my classroom.
Don't go back there again
GIRLIE 😨 😨
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-20)
My school was built on top of a grave yard - cemetery. It really freaks me out because I have had many experiences with the girls locker room (there is no boys locker room though - haha) and when we look out the window (we meaning the girls in the locker room) we see a mobile thingy mobobby. Like a hut and when me and my friend Megan (also a girl in the locker room) went in... I will tell you the rest in my story.

Princess123 x ❤
Marg (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
My mother told me this, when a person dies a slow death they show up... Even if, the person is invisable.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
wow spooky, my high school there girl was upset cause of her parent bother or some reason on her so she took off and gone to bathroom in my school and bam she kill herself. Next morning I seen many mourning for her.
Bloodychick101 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-17)
One time I was visiting this old school from like the 1950's and my friend and I went to this creepy bathroom. While we were washing our hands talking we heard a bunch of noises like scratching and whispering come out of nowhere. My friend is sort of a coward so she ran out of there right away. I stayed a little longer to see where it was coming from but then I heard a thump right behind me, I ran and never looked back and I still don't know what it was. In other words... I believe you 😨
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-17)
Well let's see. You had a case of the nerves because of the reputation of the school. You may have thought someone was waiting for you to cause you harm? Just saying a good case of nerves can do weird things to one's head. That aside, it's highly possible you are a bit sensitive and you picked up on residual activity. This activity would happen whether anyone was around or not to hear it. If intelligent haunting I'm sure you would have experienced more that a feeling or hearing footsteps. Intelligent haunts usually have more interaction so be glad this looks like residual. By the way, keep up on your studies, it's the living we have to fear, not the dead. Let's hope this is your last time in summer school.
scared2death303 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-17)
Wow! Thats crazy scary. Some girl hung herself in our bathroom in elementary school and I saw her ghost do it again and again and anyone who would go in that stall would never come out
Sincerest (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-17)
A girl comitted suicide at my school but she hasn't scared anyone though. Great story! And good luck with summer school! 😁
scorpi266 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
Well I just have to chime in, ghost don't know they are dead hence why they are ghost. If a girl was trumatically killed in the bathroom with a knife, then yes it is a possibility she is a ghost. If anyone is familiar with the movie "The Other's" that is actually pretty accurate protrayal of ghost... They go through what they think is their life with everyone in the world ignoring them. No spirit/entity/ghost can ever harm or kill a person, if that were the case anyone that has ever been murdered would have seeked revenge and killed their murderer so on and so forth. If that was a ghost in the bathroom, be compasionate, she is probably frantically trying to get someone's attention to get help from being attacked not knowing that her life has ended. There is also another probability, does anyone know about imprints? Meaning and event that happened in the past echoes in its enviroment even though the participants may still be alive and well... An example would be an old t.v. Studio may give off sounds of clapping and cheering because it is what use to occur in that space, its not a ghost or haunting its an echo from the past. Either way you have nothing to be afraid of... Because whatever it is it can't harm you.
ginko (1 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
Great Story... Any body here knows about the 100 Candle Ritual? Played in japan as test of courage?
Justly4 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
I had the same experiences it my elementary school. That was creepy! Good story! 😉
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
wow! Cool story. If you ever want to talk more about ghosts just email me, it's on my account. Here at this site. (just click on my user name and it will tell you) 😊
tburgos305 (5 stories) (22 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
wow I had a similar experienced when I was in middle school... So I believe you 😁
ParanormalReality (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
Thanks for sharing. I would believe your friend too. Sometimes I believe the bad spirits don't leave the place they were killed in or died in.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
Not to say there isn't something paranormal occuring or existing in this school, but as you mentioned, you are cosidered a goody goody at this school, is it possible that someone was playing a trick on you to freak you out or to get you to react? When was the knifing? You should be able to research this because a knifing at a school would certainly have made the news and the papers.

Thanks for sharing,
God Bless!
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
Wow! That would be incredibly creepy. It was probably a ghost that didn't know she was dead and trying to get your attention or it was a ghost that knew she was dead and was trying to make contact. Either way she could be dangerous if she's looking for revenge for her death. Be careful, but if she doesn't do anything malicious then try not to be afraid. Good Luck with summer school! And the summer school ghost.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: