You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: The Life of a Medium

Real Ghost Stories

The Life of a Medium

 

My name is Janet and this is just a small part of my story. Let's start from the beginning of THIS STORY. Yes, I say THIS STORY, because I have experienced the paranormal since the age of 4. But, that is another story altogether. Let's talk about THIS STORY. The year is 2004, the location is Orland, California. We had just moved from Salinas, California to Orland, California. The very first night at my new home. My husband and I were sleeping in the front room, due to the fact that we had not moved in all of our furniture. It was just my husband and I in the house. We had a long hard day because of the move and my husband instantly fell into a deep sleep. I laid next to him, I was still awake. Then it occurred. Something that I had not expected to happen, but it did. I heard a heart wrenching wailing cry of a woman. It sounded like she was inside the house. I got up immediately and tried to wake up my husband, but he would not wake up. I then proceeded to search the house, to see if there was anyone in the house. Then I went outside to see if the crying was coming from outside. I had came to the conclusion that the sound did not come from outside, that it was definitely coming from the inside of my new home. As I came back in the crying just stopped. When the crying ceased, I attempted again to wake up my husband and he woke up instantly. That is when the fun began. I came to the realization that my house was truly haunted.

After this occurrence, the activity in the house had stopped for 2 months, well so I thought. The reason why I say this is because sometimes cupboards were open, I knew I didn't open them. Objects in the house would wind up missing and then reappear again and the animals (my dogs and cats) would seem to be aware of a presence. On my birthday, I received a voice recorder. Since I was a spiritual person, I wanted to see if I could pick up family voices of family members that passed on. Little did I know that it wasn't my family member's voices that I would be picking up on my recorder. I would record at night, when my family was asleep. In the morning when I played the recorder from the previous night, there was this ominous EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomenon), that caused the hair on the back of my neck to stand up on end.

After I realized that I was getting EVPs, I became addicted to the practice of EVP work. I would get EVPs every night that I recorded. Then the hauntings became physical. I knew that we had more than one ghost, because there were various voices on the recordings. I felt the presence of a male, female and a child spirit in the home and the recorder backed up my hunch. My daughter started receiving scratches on her body. My daughter would also be tripped and pushed around by the entities. Then to my horror, the entities would take control of my daughter's body.

When the more serious incidents occurred, I became aware that I needed help. I sought the help of the Catholic Church, even though I am not Catholic. I had the house blessed by a priest. When the house was blessed, the attacks started occurring more on a frequent basis and became more severe. I saw the shift of a benevolent haunting to more of a malevolent haunting. The attacks began when I became confrontational with the entities. The verbal confrontation I had with the entities was that of anger, yelling and even cursing. When my anger subsided, I took more of a spiritual approach, asking for assistance from a higher power. Then I would again become angry and confronted the entities and told them that they would take me on and deal with me, because I felt I could handle them and leave my daughter alone. This went on for several months. Finally we had enough and my family and I decided to leave this home and leave the town altogether. I had no inkling of an idea that the entities would actually follow us!

Since then, we have moved to two different cities and are still experiencing the hauntings. I was frightened and confrontational with the entities for a very long time. I sought out guidance through studying various books, spiritual classes and educating myself on hauntings. I enhanced my abilities as a medium. I always knew I was gifted and started using my abilities to form a communication with the entities. I delved towards co-habiting with the entities. This is when the malevolence of the hauntings started to subside. This is by no means the end or the beginning of my story. I felt that this is a good place to start. Just because you are experiencing a haunting, doesn't mean you have to be a victim to it. There are ways to empower yourself. I know I did. If I can overcome it, I know anyone else can.

Janet Michalk

loveworthy2001 [at] yahoo [dot] com

As Told to:

Paul Dale Roberts, Freelance Writer

www.jazmaonline.com

JazmaPika [at] cs [dot] com

(916) 203 7503

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

TammyMom (32 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-13)
Anytime I read a story about someone who has cats finding their cabinets open, in most cases, I'm sure that I've debunked that one aspect of the story. That doesn't mean that it's always the cats doing it. Though, in most cases it probably is. I have cats, and I can't keep them out of the cabinets. Almost every time I go in the kitchen one of them is either trying to open a cabinet door, one of them is in a cabinet with the door open or closed, or one or more of them have been in a cabinet and the door is still open. I tried wrapping rubber bands around the handles so that they can't open the doors, but they just pull them off and play with them. Cats LOVE rubber bands, but they swallow pieces of them when they break. When I'm at the store I always forget to look for some type of latches. The point is, if you find your cabinet doors open, and you have a cat, you've probably fingered the culprit. The other occurrences sound demonic to me. I'm sure that the most famous demonologist in the country would agree. If you're not living your life right, for example, if you're drinking, doing drugs, cursing (especially at the demonic presence), etc., then you can't expect it to stay away because a priest performed a blessing. I believe that there are both ghosts and demons. If it's one or more demons, and you want to be rid of it/them for good, then you had better get your life and your house in order first, and then have a member of the clergy (I prefer an Assemblies of God preacher) perform a casting out. If you aren't living your life right, they will most probably come back again though. I wish you the best and I hope that you can get rid of them for good. God bless you and your family.
loveworthy2001 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-14)
Hello all, I just want everyone who replied to this article know that this was not an easy thing for me to do and it took a long time before I agreed to do this article with my friend. There is much more to this part of my past that I didn't tell and the article is a greatly reduced version of what truly happened. There was activity before I did EVP work in the home.
And for the record I want people to know that the title of Psychic/Medium has been given to me and not something I am comfortable with.(as my friend who wrote this article can attest to)It's just a part of who I am.
I really just wanted people to know that you have the power not to allow the unknown to scare you and rule your life.
EarthboundAngel (2 stories) (38 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-10)
I agree with Shane. Now, I haven't researched or been into the paranormal as long as he has (I'm only 22), but I have never heard of one becoming more haunted/harrassed by spirits because the person began recording EVP's. White Noise is a movie. End of story.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-10)
Fran, the movie White Noise is fiction and not reality. I have been investigating hauntings and the paranormal for over 26 years now and I can honestly say that by using EVP I have never had a haunting follow me home because of it. So many people take movies as truth, even if it is based on a true event, movie makers will embellish it a bit to make money. The EVP's were not the cause of the attacks on her daughter, the entity was angered for what ever reason because Janet was trying to force it to leave. Maybe it is an overly protective relative of hers. Also to Kodak, your right sometimes the silliest things will work, but more often than not when a spirit becomes attached to a person, they are going to follow them no matter what. Plus if you think about it what is to stop them from following anyway just because you say you are going to run and errand or something doesn't mean that the spirits won't notice that the house is now empty of furniture. I have to give them credit, they may no longer be living but they are quite crafty. I hope I haven't given insult to either of you, if I have I deeply apologize.

Peace, Love , and Luck be with you.
Fran (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-10)
I think if you didn't start messing around with the EVP recorder this stuff probably wouldn't have happened and your daughter would have never gone through the stuff she did. In a sense its your fault for messing with something you knew nothing about, Medium or not haven't you ever seen White Noise, this stuff isn't for play.I'm not trying to be mean or anything but regardless of your talents you can't see the future until its right in front of you.
Kodak (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-10)
Janet, it’s an old belief in my culture that when you move – especially if you know the place you’re moving from is haunted – you don’t speak about the move when you’re physically in the house. This is because you don’t want “them” to hear that you’re moving and follow you. What one would do is move all of their things out of the house without mentioning the move, then leave the house saying that you’re going out to run errands, going to work, going shopping etc. IT SOUNDS SILLY but it seems to work. Ever since the incident at my old apartment, we (my siblings and I) left the place without saying a word about the move and we're free from them.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: