You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Red Road Lane

Real Ghost Stories

Red Road Lane

 

This happened to my dad when he was a teenager.

A few of his friends and him heard about this road that is haunted by a man and that every time a car drove by he chased after it.

One day, my dad and his friend's decide to drive down that street. They knew that once you hit this bump in the road; turn off your lights and drive down at a steady 40 mile per hours. About 5 minutes down the road the driver of the car looked in the rearview mirror and saw the man running behind them.

Moments later, they were gaining speed and the man was still right on their tail. Seconds later, the man jumped on the trunk and held on. They noticed that the man's face was burnt. The driver of the car swerved and sped up but the man stayed on. The driver stomped on the brakes and the man slide up the car and the driver slammed on the gas and the man flew off the back.

They noticed that the road was a dead end and that they would have to turn around. They turned around and hit the gas and reach about 60 miles an hour and flew past the man on the side of the road. The man started running after them but once they hit the bump in the road the man stopped and stared after them.

The next night they all got together and looked at the car. There were scratches on the trunk of the car.

They asked around to see if anyone knew about the man, and they found someone.

In the early 40s or 50s a family moved into a house on the road. A group of teenagers tormented the family, and lured the man out of the home. A few of the teenagers set fire to his home with his wife and son inside. The man ran inside in attempt to save them, but they were already died. In the process of saving them he was seriously burnt and came after any teenagers that came onto that road.

Stories say that he still haunts that road and every car full of teenagers drive by he attacks them... Just in revenge for his family.

My dad and his friends never went down that road again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Paranormalgal26, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Paranormalgal26 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-26)
Sorry guys.

I have no idea where this road is or even if it's there anymore. Years after all this happened, one of my dad's friends did do some research, and found out that the man is "dead and bured" not far from where the house was.

For some of you that think my dad was just fooling with my head, I believe him one hundred percent, cause this is not the only thing the happened to him. AND NO, HE WAS NOT DRUNK! HAHA! But I don't know, life back then, strange things happened that you couldn't resee or explain. But keep a look out for more of my stories, they might surpirse you. Thanks for reading them.
😊
Faraaz (14 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-28)
Poor man, he must be hungry for his revenge. But it is a FREAKY thing happened to your dad.
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-30)
CREEPY! 😨 LIKE BIG TIME! 😭 gosh... Do you know why exactly where the road is?
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-30)
Holy that is scary.
God if I saw that I would have screamed my lungs out.
Where is the road at.
GIRLIE 😆
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-30)
If I am a skeptic, I will say that your father and his friends just had too much to drink that night. If I'm a believer of the paranormal, I would say that's really creepy and you should try and have that story verified. Doing a little research will help. I'm sure there would be a lot of paranormal researchers that can help you with that. Anyway, real or not, that's really scary. I wouldn't want that to happen to me. 😢
lovindaparanormal (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-29)
While I am definately not doubting your or your father's honesty, this is a rather common legend that floats around so many towns. Where I live, the story is that a certain church and the road along side it are haunted.You're supposed to stop and put your car in neutral. The vehicle is supposedly pushed down the road by unseen spirits. One version states when one looks at the trunk and back bumper, there are visible handprints of various sizes. Thank you for sharing your story.
JuggaloSkittlez (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-29)
thats pretty creepy, do you know what road that was because I want to check it out
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-29)
Sounds like the urban legend of most places. Are you sure your dad wasn't just pulling your leg? Could it be possible someone duped your dad because they knew they would be there that night? Teens brag you know, and maybe someone just decided to give them a good scare.
Let's assume your dad was not fabricating. If not, then there should be some write up of some kind about the legend itself or some history on the crime itself. It's a crime to start fires. Do the research. Frankly, I have my doubts about this kind of story being other than urban legend. On a brighter note, you wrote it beautifully and I truly enjoyed the story and will use it at Halloween when we get to that part of the night when we tell ghost stories. Kudos.
katie100 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-29)
That is so freaky! My aunty was drivin and she saw a motorbike driver askin for help with cuts across his face and she stopped to help him but when she looked back he was gone!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: