You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: My Ghost Fred

Real Ghost Stories

My Ghost Fred

 

Let's see I would have to say that the first time I remembered our ghost Fred would be watching Saturday morning cartoons, I was 5 or 6 (now about to be 30). I remember that it got really dark outside and the power went out and I grabbed my sleeping blanket from the chair I was sitting in front of and wrapped myself up in it I was scared and both of my parents were sleeping in the back of our mobile home.

I had my head covered when I heard heavy footsteps like somebody running, and I pulled my head out from under the blankets looking for my father who is 6'2 and size 13 feet, but instead I saw a dark shadow come passing in front of me going from the hallway to the kitchen through the living room and into the addition to the half bath. I quickly buried my head in to my blanket again and did not pull it in until my father asked if I was alright and saying they were sorry for sleeping through the bad storm.

I guess I should explain Fred. My father first encountered Fred in late 1976 when he moved in to an apartment in town (he asked me not tell what town), his first encounter with the ghost was when the door would not open to let him out as he pulled on the door he claims he saw a shadow person leaning up against the door. As he is gave up and sat back down he heard a gun go off and a lady scream, being a Vietnam Vet he quickly ran to the door and to his surprise it opened with no problem.

Outside of his door and next to his car was a man who had been shot by a neighbor cause of his choice of late night T.V, after the police came and talked to everybody it was discovered that if my dad had been in the car he would have been killed, so after that day whenever something weird or unexplained happened it was taken as someone protecting him. After a few years of this my dad decided that he needed to know more about the ghost.

So he asked it what it's name was where it came from and why it was here, he left a pencil and paper on the table, and went to bed the next morning he had only one word written on it FRED, so he has been Fred ever since and strangely enough when we moved we always remembered to say "come on Fred time to go" and he comes with us.

From time to time Fred will play pranks to let us know he is still around his favorite thing to do is to turn on the water when someone in the house says that ghosts are not real or that they cannot touch the living world. We live in peace and harmony with him but I have seen him get angry, now I seem to be a magnet for spirits and will post more of my personal stories later.

However one that I will post here took place about 5 years ago, I was getting married to my now soon to be ex-wife and I had just moved into our new apartment when I started having nightmares of a dead lady holding a baby and screaming for me to get out, at first I just shook it off as adjusting to the new place but soon I started to see and hear the ghost during my wakening hours when I was the apartment.

Now me not being one of the smart ones I did not run but I goaded the evil ghost to try her damndest to get me to leave cause it was my home now, well that only made her mad and she actually attacked me in the shower one night, and that night I ran to my dad's (parents divorced when I was 8) and I told him what had happened he told me I could stay there that night but in the morning when I went back to "take" Fred with me.

I left his house that morning with the phrase "Fred come on brother I need your help at my place" and he went with me. When I got to the apartment I unlocked and opened my door and felt a cold blast of wind push me out of the way and slammed my door shut. I could not reopen my door then I heard things being thrown and crashing against the walls, and the voices I could hear the voices.

My neighbors heard it also and called the police who found me outside trying to get into my apartment even with their help I could not get in after about 40 minutes of trying the door just "pops" open and the police go in before me and not a darn thing was out of place they left just a perplexed as I was.

Later that night after me and my Fiancé got back and I was going to use the bathroom I saw out of the corner of my eye in the kitchen a tall black shadow and I suddenly knew what had happened.

Fred had "fought" the evil spirit in the apartment and had suppressed it. We lived there for two and a half years and occasionally I would see or hear the dead lady, after each time I had an encounter with her Fred would show back up to my place. After we moved I decided to research the area as I am a history buff and I knew that Henry Ford had made the lake we lived on by damn up the Huron River for one of his car plants (hint on my location).

I discovered that the land use to be farm land and that the farmer had married an lady from new York who hated living on a farm and did not want children, but she became pregnant after a time and her brothers came to "collect" the baby and the mother ran off with the baby and vanished. I believe she fell off the cliff because of her child's death and as the lake used to rush by fast through this area there bodies were swept down river.

Like I said I have more experiences. I will tell in other stories

Other hauntings by youngdz79

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, youngdz79, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-30)
Lotus: Nice to see you back! 😊...Don't stay away so long next time, eh?... ❤
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-30)
Fred sounds like a bad ass. I'm glad you have him to turn to, that's pretty dope. I can't wait to read more of your posts. Bless you and yours. MCL.

LSD
youngdz79 (6 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
libertybelle

You will have to send me the link when you get it up and let me know the title of your book and I will look for it. Also you should check out my other story the red coat ghost since you are writing that time frame
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-30)
I'm delighted to make Fred's acquaintance, even if only in writing. He sounds like a real charmer, and very protective.

BTW, I'm a history nut as well--even taught it for a little while. Just now I'm awaiting the birth of my first brainchild, a novel set in the French and Indian War period. According to my publisher, a website should be up within the next couple of weeks.
SapphireChild (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-30)
you're fortunate to have someone who's got the upper hand to deal with things we can't see. That's so cool!... Probably that's your dad's angel... Since your dad gave you the permission to take Fred with you...
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-29)
Wow, that is really cool. I wish my family had an invisible bodyguard lol. Looking forward to more of your stories 😁.
youngdz79 (6 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
dmj101 Fred is just fine, and I will share more posts. I got a few more about Fred and family

JamesRobiscoe. Yeah it is pretty cool though sometimes he can be really shocking speicaly when you least expect it.
😆 sorry about the bad spelling
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
youngdz79--Very, very cool, to live so much of your life with a friend and bodyguard on the other side. Guess Fred never disclosed any other part of his identity to you, but he obviously likes you and your father. I can hardly imagine what it must be like to know life from that single change in your perspective.
dmj101 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
Wow that is scary please share further ghost happenings thankyou that story was very intresting but I hope freddie is ok now! 😁
sher2164 (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-28)
Thanks for sharing your story. I'm glad that Fred is a good ghost willing to help you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: