You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Island Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

The Island Ghosts

 

So I had totally forgot about this happening to me, because I always chalked it up to an over active imagination of a child on the Island, but one of my father's co-workers thought he "saw a Indian" while he was on Vacation up there last weekend.

First let me explain what the Island is, for people from Michigan it is a summer time tradition to go "up north" Mackinaw city and Mackinac (Mackinaw) Island or as some people call it the Island. It is the only place that I know of in the U.S.A where it is illegal to drive motor vehicle unless you are emergency personnel.

Ok on to my event, I was probably about 13 at the time of this event and me and my father had went up north to have one final father- son vacation as we were walking around the Island we decided to go up to fort Holmes which is just a hole in the ground with a set of wood doors and is the highest point on the Island. As we were walking up there we decided to take the more rugged trail, as we walked up the trail I looked over in to the woods and saw a bunch of Native Americans making their way slowly up the hill towards the fort,

I never said anything to anybody about it until years later after I had read about some of the stories of Braves that had been seen on the Island.

For those of you who are familiar with Mackinaw Island we were coming from British Landing.

Has anyone else seen these spirits from another time?

Other hauntings by youngdz79

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, youngdz79, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

youngdz79 (6 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-14)
cool beans, I knew what they were I was just wondering if any one else has seen the or if I was just losing my mind
march2 (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
Im from michigan and I have been to the island what you seen were natives indians that all migrated to canada, they actually populate the area of canada which is atkin if I remeber correctly. The state of michigan was were a lot of indians lived years ago.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: