You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Rocking Chair

Real Ghost Stories

The Rocking Chair

 

This Happened about a year ago when my Mum and I were at a historical site called Port Arthur in Tasmania.

We were walking into the community residence when my Mum felt that something was watching her. She turned to see who or what it was but there was nobody in the room except my Mum and me (and I swore I wasn't watching her.) She was also really cold. Even if she was standing next to the fire it was still really cold!

I told Mum that I wanted to walk around by my self and she agreed. I started to walk down the hallway (the hallway was really long) and looking at the rooms. One room in particular stands out to me so when I finished walking down to the end of the hallway I walked back up to see the room.

The room had a piano and a rocking chair in it and all these pictures around the room of people standing around the chair and a figure in the chair. Then, right before my eyes the chair started to rock! I thought it was a prank but when I saw there was no string and no breeze I was terrified! I ran out of the room and stayed behind mum for the rest of the time I was in there.

I would not stop following her until she left the building so when we finally got out of the residence my Mum told me that she was getting warm again.

It was a chilling experience but not my worst!

Other hauntings by Katie878

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Katie878, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Ruby_Rose90 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-11)
hey I'm also from Tas, either of you should contact me if you ever come back and check this:)
IfriendJinx (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-30)
😆 I live in Tasmania!
Port Arthur is know for it's major histoy, And apparntly really haunted.
Once I went to port Arthur and took the ghost tour in the big old building and got told all this spooky stuff I thought I felt something... I was freaked out for weeks.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: