You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Shadows

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Shadows

 

Myself and my elder brother started seeing strange things happening in our bedroom only during the night after all lights were out. I was only 9 years old and my elder brother 10 a one year older than me. We started seeing strange shadows in our bedroom moving around. Personally what I saw was really freaky. As myself and my elder brother were both in one room sleeping but with separate beds... I started to see a dark shadow of a lady with a hood on her head standing near our beds. I got so scared and freaked out that I started sweating all over my face. This happened on day one.

Day 2: The next morning I asked my brother (Terence) if he saw anything during the night he said nothing. Now it was day two this night that my brother saw it too. The image of the same lady that I had seen but this time we could see her mouth wide open. This time I really got goose bumps and freaked out badly, I started sweating even more all over. I cried out to my brother. He was asleep at first but after hearing my cries he woke up and I asked him if he could see what I seeing. To my surprise he said YES in fear. I pulled the blanket over my face to avoid it. I checked to see if it was still there and it was gone. Our bedroom door was always open at that point of time during both days.

Day 3: The following morning we both told our mother about what we saw the past 2 nights. Our mom laughed at us as if it was a joke. We tried to tell her but all in vain. She didn't believe us. That night this time as lights were out... We decided to close our bedroom door but didn't latch it. After an hour I could feel someone watching us. I checked to see who it was... You will not believe what I am about to tell you...please...this is for real 100%. Our room door already opened half-way. I called out to my brother, after seeing the door opened he got scared. Now we both freaked out. What scared me the most was that I saw four dark (shadow type) fingers come across our bedroom door moving at the edge of the door. As the door was open I felt cold breeze blow on my face, I didn't bother to look in fear and just covered our faces under our blankets... This continued for almost a week...

Day 6: This was the final day of our one of the scariest experiences we've ever had in our lives...

The following morning we both tried to explain it to our mom... But as usual our efforts in vain... Mom laughed at us and told us that we are only imagining things. If we were imagining stuff like this how is it that myself and my brother could see such scary images at night? That too for continuous days? Coming to the end of our nightmares...

It was Friday on day 6 after 12. 10am 1979... It started again... This time we closed the door shut but didn't latch it as mom told us not to latch the door or she would scold us both. So we shut it tight. After 40 minutes we were asleep. The door was already wide open. For some reason I just woke up and saw the door open... This time no fingers were at the door. It was wide open... Our kitchen was just at the end of our room... I could see shadows moving around the kitchen and touching our basket of fruits. I really started crying now as I saw this with a lot of fear. I called out to my brother... As I called him one shadows, a lady in the hood moved towards my brother from the kitchen with a wide open mouth and I saw it coming towards him... The lady almost touched my brother's feet... At that moment by brother screamed out loudly this woke up my mother... Our mom rushed to see what happened only to see me cry and my elder brother in fear. We told her this time in tears... And somehow our mom was not really convinced but for our safety she sprinkled holy water and had our house blessed the very next morning...

After that... Nothing ever happened again... It was all gone. Now we have abandoned (sold it) that Building and living elsewhere in Goa itself. That's all I have to say... Those were one of the most bad days of my life and I hope will never experience them ever again.

I am sorry to make this so long to read... But all I have to say is that ghosts do exist in this world and the only way to fight such spirits is by saying our daily prayers. Prayer is one of the best weapons we can use for protection from evil. It is Priceless and we have nothing to loose but everything to gain. I never miss out on my daily prayers because of Jesus Christ our lord... I am alive until today and safe in his care.

Thank you lord.

Thank you for reading this... Keep praying well. God Bless All.

Please do post your comments and feedback on this...thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fernsclint, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

IreneFernandes11 (4 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-17)
Hi there, that was a really creepy experience. I have heard that there have been a lot of incidents of ghost happened in Goa in the olden days... Not sure if they still happen. Goa being my native whenever I visit my parents I always have creepy feelings just out of the blue although our area is very developed and modern. But anyway this was a great story and hope you write some more of your experiences.
Denice_engti (5 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-04-16)
Stop watching too much horror movies and stop living in fantasy. That was nothing but your imagination. Take care
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
Don't mind... But your mom comes across as a really callous person who is least concerned or bothered about the well-being of her children...

Even after the fact that both you and your brother repeatedly told her about sharing the same experience, she laughed as if it were a joke. This is really cruel and irresponsible behaviour on her part...

Even if it was not a paranormal experience, any mother would be concerned that there is something which is scaring both her children and might cause psychological problems in the long run. She will try to calm your fears and maybe sleep with you to make you feel comfortable.

Have you ever thought about it? Why did you not share your experience with your father?
naveen9885 (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-27)
Hi I don't know what to say but one thing your story is half belvable and the half not belivable you said to the shadow about the holy water and it went away and was not returned again I don't believe this if holy water was really spread (I don't know how to explain this) that shadows will not dare to enter your room again. Any have if what you said was true its really a scaring experience.

God Bless you for the future.

Thank you.
vice (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-12)
ok so some weird stuff is happening to someone close to me and no one believes him but me and well hes told me so much of what's happening and while I'm on the phone with him I have told him to do things anyways let me start with he sees a dark shadow of a man no one familiar and his mouth is inhumanly wide open but he says its like its a human its been there for like 3 to 4 months now and its getting stronger and more agressive and I told him to touch it and he was scared because this thing was looking down at him and moth wide open and hes seen it so much that hes kind of not scared but still scared anyways he touched it he freaked he could barely breath he was so cold and he said he felt like it was coooold cloth but a solid figure anyways and then he hid under his blanket came out and it was bent down at his head and so he was really scared now and then his for a bit then it started to walk away and upstairs he heard it doing things up there from his bedroom like turning water on and typing or tapping on a keyboard he didn't know forsure then he said after awhile it came back down shut the door and came up to him reaching out toward him and it shreiked out something he said maybe die or something but hes scared real bad now after it shreiked he backed away and out of his roomand my friend ran upstairs and was all freaked out and hyperventelating and freaking and I was trying to calm him down and he said it was upstairs in the corner of the room he was in and it was reaching its hads out to him mouthwide open and then it ran past him and shreiked then it was gone this all happened tonight its never been this bad beofre I think its because he touched him but now he just let me go he said he was feeling really peaceful and wants to sleep hes not scared and hes just going to sleep awhile then call again later so I'm sitting here like wtf? So I looked up anything close to what hes said and I came across yours I need to help him get rid of this what if it come back and does that or worse it is a solid object and I think its capable of hurting him please get back to me I have never really believed anything until now and I'm so scared for him
Sorry about my grammer and stuff I know I'm just freaking and typing like crazy maybe you can help
Lupernikes (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-10)
the shadows are either another form of life (some believe The First mentioned in some apocryphal versions of the bible) and others think them the Fallen. My opinion is that they are spiritual beings of some description but not human... The fear we feel from them is the knowledge, deep down, that we're in the presence of something which is not human...alien.
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
wow that's a really scary story you both must of been scared really badley and its worse when no one belives which is usually the way with most people I believe they are affraid to believe because they are scared themselves. I'm not greatley religous myself as I don't believe in orginised religions, but I do believe in God and I pursue my religion to my own belifes and I do believe in praying to god and all the archangels especially archangel Michael for protection and our guardian angel too and they do protect us when we ask you are rite to pray every day too you will allways have protection then. Take care and thanks for your comment on my story I think you could be rite...
rugbygirl92 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
im glad that all of that stopped I am hoping to get my story up as soon as posssible
fernsclint (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
as of now who lives there? Well a family is now staying there... But no signs of any paranormal activity goin on... Since when I lived there after those expriences holy water was sprinkled in the room... Since then nothing
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
I would have been more than freaked I would been hysterical. Perhaps you should check out who is living there now. ❤
fernsclint (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
hii there... Thanks for commenting on this frightining experience. To answer your question how did I know it was a woman? Well her outline figure was a shape of a woman. If read it again... I did mention that I could see her mouth wide open. The shape what I saw was 100% woman. My elder brother agreed with me on that too.
We both saw this and its really freaky. I never want to experience that again. Talk about she walking... Its like she was floating in the air feet slightly elevated above the ground when she moved towards my brother. I didn't mention that in the story. Its just that was trying to recollect every detail I saw years back. Pretty hard to recollect. Anything else about her? Well you know what? When you see a scary figure next to you at night... How would you even think of admiring that closely? I almost pissed in my pants. I was very scared and nervous.
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
Great story, it freaked me out while reading this! One question for you, how did you know that this figure was a woman? Yous state that she was wearing a hood, was it the way she walked, her size, or a feeling that you just 'knew'? Were there any other characteristics about her that you remember? That's it for now, thanks for sharing this story!

-Hope

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: