You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man In The Mist

Real Ghost Stories

The Man In The Mist

 

As I have said in my other stories, I continue to see things. Some of you who read my other story think that I have a gift. I'm not sure but I think I do. Because ever since I submitted that story some strange things have been happening...

A few nights ago I was swimming in my pool in the backyard. It was raining and kind of misty outside. My brother, mother and step-dad were in the pool with me. I swam towards the deep end laughing and having fun. When suddenly I saw the top of a mans body over the hedges. I knew that it wasn't my neighbor because I had a strange feeling. My whole body went cold. I had seen this before in my Florida home.

A few months ago I was sitting in my living room watching television. When I saw a man walking through my backyard. When I looked over he disappeared. I blew it off as a trick of the light. An hour later I saw the same thing again. I knew that it wasn't a person.

Last night I was sleeping in my mother's room because there was no air conditioning in my home and it was the coldest room in the house. At around at one O'clock in the morning I was watching a movie on my laptop when there were two firm kicks against my air mattress. I felt the feeling of being watched so I tried to concentrate on my movie. Later I felt another kick then I just told whatever it was to leave me alone and it did.

Even know I feel like I'm being watched...

Do I have a gift or am I just obsessing?

Please comment...

Other hauntings by vicuttie8

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vicuttie8, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
I think it's both.
You're overlooking it because you want to know IF you have a gift. It's an interesting thing to wonder and know about yourself.
But the fact that these strange things are happening COULD mean you have a gift or certain spirits are attracted to you in a certain way
number13 (31 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-15)
I'm sure you have "The Gift of Sight" which is a curse to some people, depends on you're view of that ability. And I read a story of yours something about an ouija board incident. You're sure in quite a pickle having that ability and having not human things following you around. So I suggest you to use that ability for helping people I guess. But that is your choice to use it or ignore it. I'm going to like where this is going. Farewell for now.
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
I think that I do... But I'm not exacly sure... I dident think I as when I was liveing in NY. But since I moved down here I know I'm still seeing things.

Tori ❤
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
Maybe you do have a gift. I wouldn't like to see that man, he would freak me out.

Princess123 x ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
No problem, vicuttie8.
I was just trying to figure out what it was that I wrote that could have come across so wrong 😊. Misunderstandings are easy here on site as it is words you are reading, and NOT watching the person as the words unfold.
No harm, no foul.
Thank you.
Tiz88 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
The name drew me to this story. (good name). Well let's start on the basics. Hi I'm Tiz88 and I have sent a ghost to the next life before, and I think I've seen one. I read storys like this often when I'm bored, so I have an idea about yours. I can say its rare to see a ghost the amount of times you have. I think it is indeed and entity and you are gifted. You might only see ghost a few times but I might be able to help. Go onto youtube and search ghost whisperer. Its a drama show so its not real. But the women in it can see ghosts and sends them to heaven or so. Try watching that and It may give you an idea about ghosts. When I sent a ghost to the next life, My friend lucy couldn't sleep at night because all she could hear was breathing in her ears at around 1 o'clock. When I slept there I just said aloud "Theres no need for you to be here. Strange as it maybe there is alive beyond death. Its much better there, In heaven. No matter what you may have done in your life, bad or good. You should still go no matter what. You can do it go, you'll love it" then she told me she couldn't hear the breathing anymore. It felt good. You can use your gift for good. Use it. I will guide you through if you need it. You answer me back and I can help you, I hope. 😁
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
I aplogize. I misunderstood you comment. I apologize for cinfuseing you. Thank you for your help. 😊

Tori ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
I am sorry. I have read through your comment that is specifically for me, and I am having troubles understanding what it is that you really mean. I reread my comment, and I am just simply lost. Again, I am sorry.
Being that you are "only 13" does not mean that you will not be taken seriously. I was asking about the investigation into these sightings as that is what I do. I investigate. No other reason. Well, maybe I WOULD have liked to know about footprints, broken branches, tramped down grass and the like, but as that I was not there, I can not know that answer.
There are those on this site who will take everything for granted. They will KNOW without asking that footprints were left in the flour sprinkled out to catch a ghostie just because someone said they sprinkled the flour. I have to ASK if it is not written. That is just me.
If I have offended, I am sorry. I was only trying to see the whole picture. You asked us a pointed question, I was trying to answer it for you.
Thank you.
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
WhiteBuffalo, I am only 13. I haven't had that much of a life to SEE anything. & these are only major exprerences. I have heard things & seen other things before...

Tori ❤
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Thank you all for reading my story. I did not mention to anybody in the pool what I saw because they would never believe me. The man in my yard did do exacly the same thing that he did the last time. It was like it was replaying. When I see something my body does grow cold. It could just be a chill or majorly cold. But my pool was really warm so there was no reason for me to be cold. I asked if I'm just obsessing over these small things. Thank you all for being honest & giveing your opinions. However I do continue to see things. Like I said before I think I have a gift, but I want your opinions. If there's anyone who can help me comment this. Thank you.

Tori ❤
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
I think you have a strong possible gift. Although until it occurs again we can't be sure. ❤
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
Wow Looks like You do have a gift that you know what or something there and feeling etc you do have a gifts.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
Uh, very touche question that you have asked us there, vicuttie8.
I would love to be able to tell you that beyond a shadow of a doubt you ARE gifted. But in all honesty to self and to you, I can not do that.
After reading through all of your stories, you have had four unaccountable experiences (so far) that have left you yearning for a bit more than what it is that is available for seers.

But I have a few questions for you on THIS story.
You said that while you were out in the pool you saw someone that you know was not your neighbor as your whole body grew cold.
Any chance you actually went and checked it out? Or even mentioned it to anyone else in the pool? What did they see?
The man who walked through your yard. Did you check him out? Did he do exactly the same thing as he did the first time the second time that you saw him?
I would put little stock in the feeling of being watched. That is just your defenses working overtime. Sometimes it really means nothing.
Thank you.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
"Do I have a gift or am I just obsessing"

I think your one time encounter has made you a little somewhat obsessed. Sorry I have to be honest. You story regarding your Grandmother, was a nice story, and a lot of people who lose loved ones usually go through the same experiance as did you grandmother.

This story well what to say. For one, I really find it a little absurd going swimming in the rain especially when it is misty. It is a wonder you were seeing things. The incident in the living room, shall we purt it down to overload, the kick from the matress well maybe there is something wrong with the matress.

Thank you
Tiz88 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
The name drew me to this story. (good name). Well let's start on the basics. Hi I'm Tiz88 and I have sent a ghost to the next life before, and I think I've seen one. I read storys like this often when I'm bored, so I have an idea about yours. I can say its rare to see a ghost the amount of times you have. I think it is indeed and entity and you are gifted. You might only see ghost a few times but I might be able to help. Go onto youtube and search ghost whisperer. Its a drama show so its not real. But the women in it can see ghosts and sends them to heaven or so. Try watching that and It may give you an idea about ghosts. When I sent a ghost to the next life, My friend lucy couldn't sleep at night because all she could hear was breathing in her ears at around 1 o'clock. When I slept there I just said aloud "Theres no need for you to be here. Strange as it maybe there is alive beyond death. Its much better there, In heaven. No matter what you may have done in your life, bad or good. You should still go no matter what. You can do it go, you'll love it" then she told me she couldn't hear the breathing anymore. 😆 It felt good. You can use your gift for good. Use it. I will guide you through if you need it. You answer me back and I can help you, I hope. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: