You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Village Of The Damned

Real Ghost Stories

Village Of The Damned

 

I have always seemed to live in a haunted house (see my previous story) this is the second house I am living in at the time of this story, we were living in a little village in Leicestershire called Ashby magna, it's a very old village and featured in the doomsday book.

The house always had a strange feeling to it and a lot of people disliked coming over to stay. We were the fourth family to live in it breaking the chain of the house being passed down a certain family. I always remember a black shadow would follow me around the house, every room I went in, nobody else could see it and I just got on with it, it was not of a particular object and often changed shape, it would kind of creep up on me from the corner of my eye!

The scariest occurrence I can personally remember, was waking up one night and going to the bathroom, I turned the light on did my deed and went to wash my hands I looked up and in the mirror I caught the reflection of somebody else in the mirror behind me, I nearly died, I was that scared, I bolted into my parents room and slept in there! I can't remember what he looked like, though it was defiantly a male. Whenever I think back to it my memory of his face changes. Was this the shadow that followed me?

We all knew there was something in the house, it didn't feel harmful or evil (not to us) but it wasn't welcoming, we stayed there for four years before moving and in that time my mum developed a type of depression that had to be medically controlled. It wasn't a particularly good time. We moved to the next village along to an old farmhouse and the house was sold to some local builders who drank in the same pub as my dad and the bloke who had sold us the same house.

My dad got talking to the guy who had sold us the previous house and mentioned this not so welcoming feel to it. Over a couple of drinks the bloke told my dad how tragedy had struck all of its former residents and how he had refused to live there and sold it. The family to live there before us, the father died unexpectedly of a blood clot in the brain. His brother the resident before him had died from blood poisoning, they amputated his legs but couldn't stop the infection, and it was a nasty way to pass. His wife had also died in the house very young after complications giving birth and the original residents of the house both died in the house but of natural courses. So the house had seen its fair share of death.

Luckily none of us are dead yet and the only lasting effects are my mums depression, she has since been diagnosed with bipolar, which let me tell you is hell to live with. The family who moved in after us have also incurred tragedy in the house, within six months of being there the farther had been diagnosed with terminal cancer and died months later and his eldest son suffered really bad injuries in a car accident a few years ago.

Since we have found out this information we researched the history of the house and more or less everything he said checked out, the house really seems to omit really negative energies or attract really unlucky people. I feel somewhat lucky after the cases of the other people although we did live there the shortest amount of time.

The local villages around that area were all well known for travelling folk such as Romany gypsies. And legend has it that the village of Ashby magna is built on a druid burial ground, I am yet to find out this is 100% but I know for sure that druids did settle around that area so it would not surprise me. If anyone has visited the area I am sure they will agree that it is a spooky little village with a very strange feel to it.

Other hauntings by otisian8

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, otisian8, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ricsmith (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
as someone who lives in Ashby Magna, get a life there's over 300 hundred people and its nothing like this. Look on wiki its been updated. Who ever wrote this has never been there!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-11)
I found one website that gives a brief history of the village. The only thing it says is that Ashby Magna used to be a railway station stop. Here is the link
Http://www.ashbymagnaonline.co.uk/
Do you think maybe the man you saw is connected with the railroad that used to stop there?
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
I agree with hobbyholly, the place seems almost deserted.
I tried to look Ashby Magna up on Wikipedia. It doesn't hold any information about the history. Have you found any interesting sites about it? Anything that has information on the history?
Keep us posted.

God Bless.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
Love The title. Man I dislike mirrors and night together. Have you tried saying in the house "please don't hurt us we want to make peace" sorry if it is corny.
Snooo (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
This sounds rather interesting. I'm curious about the house. And I might visit the village when I'm older and have the chance.
Are you sure you're the only one who saw it? Maybe others did see it, but didn't really pay any mind to it, thinking it was their imagination. Or they just don't want to talk about it.😐

Hope your mother gets better.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
interesting.

I went to Ashby Magna's community website.

I thought maybe there would be a link to provide information on the town... No luck.

From the few pictures of the community, it doesn't look like its a very busy town. Sorta "sleepy" and subdued. That I suppose could be creepy. Have you researched the town?
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
wow... I certainly won't look into a mirror in the bathroom at night...
Creepy! I know your feeling, eventhough I have never experienced any mirror incident... But I agree, I would be shocked to death... Glad you moved out of the house before anything worse happens (sorry about your mom, pray for her)... ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: