You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: The Ghost Village In Turkey

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost Village In Turkey

 

Last August I went away for 2 weeks to Turkey with my boyfriend, sister, brother-in law and 2 nephews. Towards the end of the last week me and my boyfriend booked a Quad-Biking trip, which we went on in the evening as it was to hot and humid to go at any other time in the day.

There was a group of around 10 people who went on this trip - the guy who was in charge took us all around the mountains and to lots of different beaches. On our way back we stopped off at what is known in Turkey as the Ghost Village/Town. Here he let us park our Quads and look around for half an hour.

The Ghost Village In Turkey 1

It was very strange - there was a huge mountain surrounding it with small stone huts scattered all along it. Lots of animals such as dogs, camels and donkeys were wondering around and the people were all huddled in one corner playing guitars and dressed as hippies - they didn't acknowledge that we were there the whole time. It was like something out of a film...

The Ghost Village In Turkey 2

Most of the animals seemed restless - the dogs were barking and the donkeys were screeching and bucking. Me and my boyfriend took some pictures of the place as it was a really interesting little village. We noticed in the far corner - near where the camels were, a dog tied to the fence and a donkey tied to a tree, they both had no water so we went over to share ours with them. The donkey seemed abit stressed that we had come over and starting making that awful screeching sound. I took a picture of him because he was cute but noticed that on the picture there was a grey/blue mist hovering around him. It looks like someone was stood next to me smoking and has blew smoke in front of the lense - but non of us were smoking.

The Ghost Village In Turkey 7
The Ghost Village In Turkey 8
The Ghost Village In Turkey 5
The Ghost Village In Turkey 9
 
The Ghost Village In Turkey 4
The Ghost Village In Turkey 3
The Ghost Village In Turkey 6
 

I also took pictures of the mountains from a distance and I noticed that on 2 of the pictures you can see what look like Orbs... It just seemed ironic that this small village was known as the Ghost Village - maybe now I know why!

Other hauntings by Hanbobs

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hanbobs, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

efesgirl (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
I am close to this ghost village - I live in the municipality Dalyan/Ortaca. I looked carefully at the photos, and have to say that the 'orbs' are simply dust particles and probably an insect or two. True spirit orbs have very different densities and behavior patterns.

The images in photos 5 and 6 are, most likely, refractory light or matrixing. It is quite rare to capture anything paranormal on film. 😁
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-14)
Yeah sure,
It was in Kakakoy, in between Fethiye and Olu Deniz in the South West of Turkey.
If you Google... 'Ghost Village in Turkey' it comes up with a website known as 'TrekEarth' there are many photographs on this website around the village. It is worth viewing these photo's to get the full idea of my story. 😊 Good luck!
Hanbobs x
Bapudi (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
Hi Hanbobs,
I'm doing some research for a Turkish TV show about the paranormal. Could you possibly send me some more info about that Ghost Village (where it is, what the Turkish name of it is, etc.)?

Thanks much,
Robert
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-23)
The pictures have uploaded! Woohoo! 😆 I've lightened them as they were abit dark
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-07)
Thank you! I've just had a quick look through the rest of my pictures that we took and have found a few more with 'Orbs' on ~ just about to upload them but not sure how long they will take to come up!
Blackrose1985 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-07)
Also if you look closely at the clouded figure there is a face of a dog or something, that is what I got from it though. Very interesting pictures.
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-07)
Thanks for the comments guys! The Mickey Mouse comment made me laugh 😆 ❤ but I couldn't make him out. I think I see more as well Blackrose1985 - I'm going to lighten the image today in work as it's a bit dark - I'll upload it to show you when I'm done. And I'll add more photo's, from my own computer at home, tonight. 😁
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
Sorry about this comment, I liked the story and all, but when I looked at the picture, I somehow see an outline of Mickey Mouse (his face sideways). Just when I was getting spooked and all, my eyes played tricks on me and of all the possible things I could see, it would be Mickey Mouse. 😭
Blackrose1985 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
On the picture that has the "two orbs" if you look more closely there are more than just two there are many.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
Cool story. I would have been alittle freak out by that.
GIRLIE *hAVE a nICA hAUNT* ❤
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
I'd love to go back - I'm disappointed we only found this village towards the end of our Holiday and that we only got to spend half an hour there. I'm intrigued to find out more on the place and to why they refer to it as The Ghost Town - but maybe my question has already been answered? Thanks for your comment! 😊
pokemon (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
I would love to tour there and check out for the haunting if any. Thanks for a good story and the pics. I think the name is apt for the place. The smoke is clearly visible in the first picture. 😊 ❤
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
On the last picture there are 2 'Orbs'. One hovering in the sky and one on the bottom - slightly towards the right from the middle. I have a similar picture took moments after or before (I can't remember) but there is no sign of them on that one.
I also have a picture I took of the Camels, and noticed what look like a pair of legs? I can email this picture over if anyone would like an opinion?
Most of the pictures are quiet spooky looking, I have tried to look on them for more Orbs, smoke, or anything that looks paranormal, but cannot, as of yet, find anything.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: