You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Footsteps In The Attic

Real Ghost Stories

Footsteps In The Attic

 

When we lived in Germany for 6 years I would always hear footsteps in the attic of the house we lived in. I would be so scared to go up there and check so I asked my mom if someone was up there and she would say no. She would always tell me that it was my imagination, but I knew it wasn't because when my friend was over she would ask me if my dad was in the attic. When she asked me that I went and told my mom that she also heard the footsteps.

That night my friend was sleeping over and we heard the footsteps while we were just talking in my room. We were so scared that we called my mom and dad in the room and they said that they didn't hear anything.

That night when my parents went back to bed we snuck up to the attic (all we had to do was go up these stairs) and when we got up the stairs the door was wide open, usually the door is closed. We went in the room and it felt like someone was watching us so we ran back down the stairs to my room. We could barely sleep that night because we were still hearing footsteps.

The next day my friend slept over again and we decided to go back up there. When we went up there we heard footsteps that were louder than ours so we just stood still and we still heard the footsteps. While we were standing there I felt something brush up against me and I thought it was my friend but she was on the other side of the room.

Since that day I never went back up to the attic.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SNICKERS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

crazyaboutPARANORMAL (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
Where in Germany did you live? How old was house you and your family lived in? Have a great day 😁!
TerriLewis123 (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Wow, that's scary. I had an experience once in my house in Virginia where there was this incredibly loud banging all over the attic floor. As the other posters said, it could be a Jewish family that lived there during WW2. In my case, I think there were probably Civil War battles nearby. Thanks for sharing. Hope everything's ok.
ams112700 (27 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
Wow freaky that would be so terrible you poor thing. God Bless you and whatever is in your house especially if it is a spirit trying to pass over! ❤ 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-21)
I really have one question.
At what time of night did you hear the footsteps? I see that you have, as of yet to answer any of these other comments, but I sure hope you will come back soon and do so.
I will be honest, I am NOT looking for you to comment that it was three in the morning. That is the "common" time around here for people to seemingly have experiences, but they can happen at any time. What I AM looking for (if you truly want to prove or disprove the theory set before you) is an approximate time.
Thing is, when folks were in hiding, they tended to tread softly. The children were a different matter, and it was difficult to keep them still so as to go undetected. Generally no one really knew they were there.
So for you to sit a floor beneath and hear the footsteps, you would almost have to cancel out the theory of someone in hiding. Just a thought there.
Thank you.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
Creepy. Like the other two posters said, maybe it was a Jewish family? It sounds likely.
Do you know any of the history on the house?

God Bless.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
Good choice staying away. A Jewish family sounds likely. When was the house built?
youngdz79 (6 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
My uncle had the same thing happen when he was stationed in Germany. When he did research he discovered that a Jewish family had lived in the attic until they were caught by the Waffen SS and sent to a camp. I wonder if this could be true of your house in Germany?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: