You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Read House, Room 311

Real Ghost Stories

Read House, Room 311

 

I have been many times to the Myrtles Plantation in Louisiana, the Crescent Hotel in Eurika Springs, Arkansas and many other areas reported to have been haunted and experienced absolutely nothing.

I recently returned from a 2 night stay at the Read House in Chattanooga, TN and the infamous room, 311. During our stay, we took about 300 pictures in the room. Of those, about 30 showed clear orbs, not visible to the naked eye. I used 2 cameras, each digital and simple sat snapping pictures. There was no mistake and certainly no trick photography. I have used the same cameras at all other places I have been.

Read House, Room 311

The orbs are not dust, nor are they reflections. If anything, I am a skeptic and to say I was shocked at what I saw on film would be an understatement. Now, although we got many pictures over our 3 day period and also witnessed a few "unexplained" activities in the room, there was no feeling of dread or fear at any time in the room. It was just a fantastic stay.

The people there are some of the friendliest I have ever met and the overall trip was fantastic beyond words! We are sure going back! As to one strange happening. The first night, when I went to bed, I carefully placed my "crocs" beside the bed where I could slip into them easily when I had to get up and use the bathroom. On one occasion when I got up, one shoe was turned and against the far right wall and the other was at the foot of the bed. As I said earlier, I am a skeptic.

This was my first experience of this type and it was simply as real as it gets!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AllenCowling, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

instantescape (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-15)
We visited the Read House in April of '09, requesting room 311. There was a bit of a pricing game with the desk clerk, you can read about it on my blog at www.instantescape.wordpress.com. But the stay was wonderful. The old part of the hotel is very ornate, and we enjoyed exploring the place. We had 2 tours of the inner workings, and that experience was awesome. It was what we found in our photographs that made chills cover our bodies. We caught some orbs, much like the one above in the original author's post, but most importantly we caught 2 dark, humanly figures in the mirrors of the silver ball room. You can't imagine how we felt, knowing there was no one in the ballroom, at that precise moment, other than my husband who took the picture. We heard noises in the motel room 311, which I tried to attribute to old plumbing, and at night I thought I saw some shadowy movements, but couldn't be certain. We also heard a woman moan, and it seemed to come up through the bed... At one point we got very hot and began to sweat profusely in the early morning hours, despite the temperature being in the upper 60's on the room thermostat. I have experience living in a haunted house that had burned and been rebuilt, and I know those homes are common for "hot spots" just the same as typical "cold spots" in haunted locations. We are going back to room 311 soon, with the proper investigative materials. You can check out the story on my blog mentioned above, and also the actual pictures and video on www.youtube.com/instantescape.
Also, I have a website with reference to this, and more of my paranormal experiences, at www.paranormalspectrum.com
Thanks for reading, and this is a terrific site.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-23)
Orbs really don't do anything for me, but I would love to travel and check out all of the haunted sights around the U.S. I've often thought of it. The hotel in eureka springs might not have showed you it's haunts but it is a beautiful spot and I love going there and just riding the trolley around or walking the hilly streets. It's a great place. I have crocs also and if the ghost was trying yours own then he'll probably want a pair of his own, they are comfortable.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
Amazing picture. Definitely the cause of some of the activities. 😊
I would love to know about any research on the history that you could find out. Hope to hear about it soon. 😁

God Bless.
Hipboy125 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-14)
Wonderful pictures. I've noticed white orbs in my bedroom photos as well.
lilmisskallie (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-13)
Amazing pic... I can tell it's real... Maybe you should do some research on the room if you haven't already
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-13)
Amazing pictures. It's very interesting. It doesn't look fake at all! I've seen lots of fakes but these look diffrent. Very interesting.

Tori ❤
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-13)
Wow awesome pictures! That is pretty good evidence of a haunting. Did you do any research on the room?
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-13)
Excellent picture! The hotel certainly sounds like a great place to go and take pictures at. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful story!

-Hope

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: