You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ghost Phone Calls, Read Please

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Phone Calls, Read Please

 

A weird story about "ghost" phone calls.

Two years ago, in 2012 in the night of 19 to 20, September, me and my girlfriend were chatting on pc, right before we would get to sleep. After I sent her message with goodnight and I love her, we went to sleep, it was around 3 am in the morning. I put my phone like I usually do on the desk, 2-3 meters away from my bed, the phone was locked.

I woke up at 7 am (3 hours later) because I had to go to the high school. I checked my phone and I saw several messages from my girlfriend, asking me furiously why did I called her at 4:37 am and if there is something wrong. I was like WTF because I didn't call her and I'm not doing silly pranks like this, especially when I have to get up 3 hours later to go to school.

We met that day and she showed me her call logs and I couldn't believe it was true. I checked my call logs on my personal phone and didn't see any calls made at that hour.

How it happened:

She got up to get the phone but the ring stopped. Because she was very tired, she went back to sleep. Suspiciously, after a few minutes, it called again and she wanted to answer but the phone call just stopped again. She thought someone called with a private number and she didn't pay that much attention, later to find out that it was actually my number, and somehow she received two missed calls from my number, which is the strange thing because I was asleep at the time and the phone was far away from me. She stayed awake and messaged me because she didn't know what was happening. At the time I was sleeping, she thought I was making a joke or something. That never happened again.

Since last night, 8/13/2014, it happened at 4:21 am. She woke up receiving a call from my number again and she freaked out and didn't answer. Once again, I was sleeping, so the first call took about 10 seconds and ended. A few moments later it rang again, which she finally answered, she didn't say anything and she tried to listen who was on the line. It was a slight background noise, it wasn't complete silence, and after a few seconds she asked my name and if it was me and she started to hear like radio/tv noises and sounds that were interrupting. She got really really scared and hang up the call. She gathered herself some courage and called my number but nobody answered. She once again sent me several messages asking me what is happening and if everything is ok.

In the morning, around 7-8 am I woke up and I saw messages from my girlfriend. First seconds not knowing what she was talking about then, realising it happened again, she got "ghost" calls somehow from my number, which sounds impossible and really really weird.

A few notes to keep in mind:

The calls do not show on my calling log on my phone, and they didn't in 2012, neither of them don't show. I am not a sleepwalk. When I sleep I just sleep, I don't have problems like that, and the phone has been checked a few times and it's working as it should, no errors. I have a Nokia similar to blackberry with Symbian OS, don't have Android. My girlfriend has had in 2012 a flap phone and now she's been having new Galaxy S4 for about 1 month. All of our phones were checked to see if there was something broken, but they are working as intended.

I usually keep my phone on silent and locked, also keeping it when I sleep on the desk 2 meters away from the bed.

First time happened in the night of 19 to 20 September 2012, second time happened last night, 7 to 8 August 2014.

Both happened strangely at same hour and in the same way but different minutes, first 4:37 am, second 4:21 am.

I live by myself and she lives with her parents, there were no jokes and there was none around me or with me in the apartment to pull a prank. This is why we don't know what/why actually happened, this is the second time is happening and we cannot explain it.

Everything is checked and it is really suspicious. As I said the calls that were made don't seem to be made from my phone otherwise they would've shown up in the Calls Log.

What do you guys think about this? What is going on? Please express your opinion, would be very much appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, raycoda, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

chapulin1234 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-11)
Raycoda,

You live by yourself, right?, have you considered sleep-walking?, I can get the ghostly calls but a ghost texting?, that is weird and indicates (to me at least) that there should be a more "earthly" explanation 😁
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-15)
Have you considering doing a cleanse?

I'm running out of explanations.
raycoda (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-14)
12.09.2014 I have this little fluffy / little puppy keychain that my girlfriend gave it to me 2 years ago, it has emotional meaning and I usually keep it with me wherever I go for luck and it's a thing from her that I'm keeping. Anyways, on 12.09.2014 at 4 in the morning I had this weird feeling of looking for the little puppy keychain and because I had it on the bed since last day I kept searching for it around that spot, unfortunately it was hopeless to look for it because I could not find it, I kept searching in the entire room, in the drawer, even bathroom, kitchen, pants pockets, etc.
Did not find it, literally.
I started to feel really weird and a little bit paranoid, I had this religious bracelet from my aunt, a holy bracelet, I put it on the right hand, said a prayer and... A few minutes later I found the little puppy keychain standing up in the most ridiculous spot, under a table where I usually keep all my clothes on, the spot which I checked before and there wasn't the puppy keychain. To mention, I could not believe it because it could have not fallen right there even if I knocked it or pushed it by mistake. It felt really strange to find it right there, and why right after I put the holy bracelet.
Once again, this seems like a spirit or something that either wants to affect me in some ways or distract my attention, mine or my girlfriend's, as I said in other comments I sometimes feel watched.
Don't know how to explain it.
raycoda (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-07)
Note: I've recently changed the phone.
05.09.2014 in the morning, we went to sleep and my girlfriend had left her phone on normal, not on silent or anything, and she blocked my number to test if anything was going to happen and she also had to receive an important call in the morning which she had to hear and answer. I fell asleep at around 3 in the morning, she stayed awake a little bit more, later on to go to sleep as well, but before that she send me a message to not call because she blocked my number and not to text to prevent making noise. 10 minutes later, at around 3:50 she gets this message from my phone "I don't know what is wrong but I can not fall asleep, as simple as that, rly weird" She saw the message when she woke up she didn't notice anything until she asked me about it because she was confused why I was unable to sleep and asked me what was I doing that night because I usually sleep because I'm very tired.
I was even more confused because I had no clue about the message she was talking about, I searched my phone and surprisingly found it but I don't know anything about it and why would this happen, I was asleep and why would I say I can't sleep when I clearly am sleeping if that makes any sense.
Apart from this, lately, I've been having this weird feeling of being followed wherever I'm going, I don't know how to explain it, you know that feeling when you are being watched and you don't know what or who is.
Is it somehow possible that all this is somehow done by mind or energy? Once again I am not a sleepwalk!
Tjkkn (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-19)
This isn't exactly the same but several years ago my friends (they're sisters) had an answering machine hooked to their phone. Somehow the answering machine or cordless phone called people that were saved in the phones memory. They had no idea it was happening until the machine would tell them they had a new message... You could hear someone's phone ringing (like you're the one making the call) and then people saying hello. It was strange. My husband and I had matching cell phones that did the same thing. They would call people and record the ringing/answering as voicemails. The calls didn't show up in our call logs but we always had the voicemails.
Grimoires (5 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-08-16)
Read your story and had some thoughts to share, but didn't think it important enough... And was about to close this story tab and go to one of the 6 other YGS tabs I had open. Screen went black, then reloaded your story in every open tab... Weird enough that I figure I should share what my gut was telling me about your experience.

Is has nothing to do with you. The calls were for her, but she would not answer a call from anyone other than you at that early time, so it was made to look like the calls were from you.

IF this has a supernatural origin, she needs to look at the time and the months of Aug/Sept and 4:21 to 4:37 am. What, or rather WHO does she associate with this time of year and time of morning. Ask family if they remember anything special about this time and month. She will find her answers there. Good Luck.
Argette (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-14)
Amazing how often this sort of thing seems to happen!

It all reminds me of this story that was in the news about 18 months ago:

Http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/14/katie-couric-husband-phone-911-calls_n_2685506.html

The cell phone of Katie Couric's dead first husband was making calls. Scary and not funny. But it might explain some of the calls people receive.
raycoda (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-14)
I am pretty sure I am not sleepwalking:P otherwise I would mention it. She has been putting her phone on silent / shut down since 2012, 1 day ago when it happened again she got the call again and she didn't have it on silent which is weird. I also had my tv on, the second time it happened [ 13/8/2014 ] but it was on really low volume and I must have fell asleep, regarding the noise because it could be the reason for strange noises but even if it was, it's still weird with the calls and stuff and why the calls don't show up in my call's log. We are pretty close, and she doesn't really have enemies or anything like that to hate, she is friendly, and about ex boyfriend she hasn't had one. We don't know what to believe at this point, if we think about a prank... Doing it once and 2 years later is way out of the common, it's weird. If you guys have any other opinions to share about our story please leave a comment.
hazeleyes (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-14)
I had something similar happen to me when my parents were on vacation. I kept getting a call from my mom and when I would answer the phone I would hear my voice get repeated back to me after I said something. And then I would ask my mom on the phone later about it and she'd tell me it wasn't her.
There was another time I was getting dressed after taking a shower and I heard the house phone ring. So I went to check the messages on the answering machine and I heard "hello" 3 times in what sounded like my own voice. I say hello in a playful voice a lot and the second hello even sounded playful. I looked at the number on the ID and tried to call back but it was always an unavailable number.
I thought about posting this as a ghost story but I think a lot of it can be explained away. Your story just reminded me of those couple of incidents. Maybe ghosts can travel through phone lines and reach you through electricity.
bluemer04 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-14)
It might be a cross connection. Since they said it might be possibly an app to use for prank- which is not a good idea and way annoying. Have you tried considering calling your provider? There might be a possibility that they have mistakenly created a new sim card which has the same number as yours. I used to work in one of the Telecom companies here in the Philippines and sometimes it's possible. They can re-route or redirected any calls from one cellphone number to another. I am not sure if it's possible in your country, but who knows. But ofcourse your provider will not admit that. And if this is something paranormal this is way scary and at the same time annoying, as it's like a nuisance.

On the other hand, this happened to my friend, when his mom died- the cellphone number of his mom is registering to the bestfriend of his mom. But the cellphone of his mom is not being used as his mom suffered from cancer. All the things of his mom are well kept during the time his mom is in the hospital and they know for a fact no one is using it. The call happened when his mom died in the hospital. Well maybe it's one way of saying goodbye and thank you to everyone.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-08-14)
I've actually had two lengthy conversations with strangers whom I thought to be friends, due to crossed-connections, and I've experienced several crossed-connections. The first time was on a landline (with Caller ID) when I lived in the dorms. A guy friend from my hometown called (or so I thought) and we proceeded to have a very deep and revealing conversation for a good three or four hours. Just before hanging up, I said, "Thanks for listening, Noah." He said, "Noah? I'm not Noah, I'm Billy!" And I was like "Huh? I don't know any Billy." I wish I had asked him who he thought I was, but I think we both felt awkward. We quickly said goodbye before figuring out what had happened.

The second time I experienced a crossed-connection was on my cell phone in California when I was working there for the summer. A guy friend called, or so I thought, and we rather quickly figured out that neither of us was the person we thought they were, and we laughed and hung up.

The third time I experienced a crossed-connection was on my cell-phone when I lived in my first apartment after the dorms. It was night time and I was working on homework, and a friend of mine who lived just a block away (again, or so I thought) called. I answered with a chipper hello and we exchanged the common universal pleasantries. I asked how Mike was doing (my friend Mandy's boyfriend). She responded, "Oh he's great." Then she asked if she could borrow some sugar since she ran out and was in the middle of baking a cake. I said sure, no problem. She said, "Awesome, thanks Rachel!" And I was like wait, whoa whoa. Who's Rachel? And she goes "You are." I said, "No I'm not." She laughed and said, "Very funny, Rachel." "No, really, I'm not Rachel." "What? Then who are you?" I told her my name and that I lived in Seattle. I asked her what number she'd dialed and if she was from my hometown. Turns out she was. So I'm fairly certain it had something to do with the area code.

Every time it has been weird and the circumstances have been very different. After all, the first notable time was a call from a 509 number to my 206 land-line number. The second notable time was from a 425 number to my 509 cell-phone number when I was in another state. The third notable time was from a 206 number to my 509 number while I was in a 206 area code location. I've also had unidentified and seemingly identified numbers call me before, and heard strange noises on the other end. My father's phone used to call me a lot, and he'd insist that his records showed that he'd never dialed out.

Heck, I've even picked up radio stations and baby monitors on previous cell phones. I also used to pick up on cell phone conversations and radio stations on my computer's speakers... Yes, just the speakers, when the computer was off.

I'd chalk all this up to limited number of available radio frequencies and the tendency for electronic databases to occasionally glitch. But it can certainly be scary or hilarious when you experience it! 😊
mayathelion (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
its actually happens to my brother. He lost one friend. He used to play dota with him when he was alive. His friend died in my cousin's house because of accident. He fell from our tree. Then He said he was OK then decided to sleep then got coma and died after few days. My brother was not present or not in the incident that time. When my brother starts living in that house due to his school, every 12:01noon His late friend will call him. He knew it was him because his full name registered in his phone and number is +11111111111. He thought our cousin is pranking him. No answers everytime he picks up the phone. And when he check his phone log, no call history and that number is not registered number in his phone. Well, kind of creepy.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
Are you both still using the same phone numbers?
I agree with Valkricry that it would be unlikely for someone to continue to prank you two years later, especially when they aren't saying anything. Plus, i'm pretty sure they didn't have any fancy, number blocking apps when it first happened... But i'm not positive about that.
My first thought would be a crossed phone line, i've had it happen before. Granted my crossed line was a land-line and not a cell phone, and it happened in the middle of an already transpiring phone call. But it's not unlikely for cell phones to occasionally cross lines either.

On the other hand, my mom and I have experienced something quite similar, only we we actually talked to a person. The whole situation was very eerie. I am still on the fence as to whether mine was a crossed line too.

For the sake of your girlfriend's sanity, I would just go ahead and tell her not to worry, that it's probably crossed wires. Or, if it happens again, tell her to answer and tell this mystery caller to stop.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
If this is someone pranking, waiting 2 years in between, seems a stretch - but not impossible. Do you 2 have a mutual 'friend' that would know both numbers?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
I think elnora hit the nail on the head. Kids in the US are using those aps, mostly to harass each other. Forget about ghosts, try to figure out who might have a grudge against your girlfriend.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
I think someone may be pranking her. There are ways that you can make it seems as though a different number is calling- they have apps that can do that sort of thing.

I would be more concerned about a jealous ex boyfriend maybe? Or an ex of yours?

Do you happen to move a lot at night? I would set up a camera to record during the night to make sure that you are not sleep walking and completely rule out that possibility.

Have her turn her phone off at night, as well, so that she gets some rest and will not be stressed.

Change the name that your girlfriend is under in your phone, too, so in case you are sleepwalking, your brain may not register which number is hers.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: