You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Reapearing Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Reapearing Shadow

 

This started back when I was 6. I never really found out why or what it really was, but a shadow appeared to me, and the curious thing about it was that only I could see it. This was the first ever experience I had with a ghost or anything of the sort.

The first time I saw him or "it" was when I came home from school. I would have 30 minutes of boredom since my older brother would have to stay after school most of the time, and I would have nothing to do. So on this particular day I went to the back yard to play with our dog. Our house has a porch at the back extending the length of the house with a large sliding glass door, and a tree a little to the left of the middle of the yard where the dog was tied up. After a little playing I decided to climb the tree to kill a little more time.

When I finally got bored and decided to go inside to wait I jumped off the tree and started walking inside. When I got to the porch I looked up at the door and saw this man standing there just 4 feet away, but he "it" was a shadow. It had no features just a jet black shape of a man staring at me motionless like a dark statue. I stood there frozen just looking into the black emptiness of his face for a good 5 seconds until I blinked, and he was gone.

I told my brother and my parents about the shadow, but they just stayed quiet not knowing what to say. A few days later I was with my brother playing at our neighbor Robert's house we stayed there until it got dark then we had to come home. As we came in to my house my brother opened the door and stepped in first and I came in right behind him as soon as he moved to the side in the corner of the living room was the same shadow I had seen before I quickly grabbed my brothers arm and pointed at the pure black man. My brother looked and looked back at me and said "what" I was speechless so I kept pointed and started jerking his arm in desperation until I looked at my brother and finally said "the shadow" but when I looked back it was gone.

The last and final time I saw it was about a week later we had Robert and other neighbors over right after school and we were all playing hide and go seek. I went to go hide behind the couch but Robert was already there so I ran to find somewhere else to hide. My Grandpa's room was open so I went in to hide behind the door, but as I pulled the door behind it where I was about to hide just 2 feet away was the shadow I immediately froze and the first thing I thought was "don't blink" I stood there looking at it for what I think was 20 seconds. What I saw in those 20 seconds is what seemed to be a faint static the kind that you see on T.V. But almost completely black, but after that my eyes started to burn I had to blink, and as soon as I did it was gone.

I always wondered what it was, but I never felt scared of it. I'm hoping someone could tell me, or give me an idea of what it was.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JaviMtz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ashley7 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-01)
Hm, that's really weird, you only saw it, and not your brother. Maybe your hallucinating. 😕
robertar (223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-01)
interesting story in the bible-the city was surrounded by bad guys. The prophet and his servent were watching. The servent spoke asked why the prophet was so calm, so the prophet prayed that God let him "see". Then the guy was able to see an angelic army, even larger than those of the enemy, surrounding.

I don't know why, but there is some "switch" that prevents people from seeing spirits around them. There are many stories of people sayihg the same as you-that they see spirits when others do not.
JaviMtz (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-30)
We had used but not old furniture, but as to if someone lived there before, well yeah. The thing is that we were told by our neighbors before we moved into the house that a man hung himself on the tree in the back yard, but I had an experiance with what I think was that man and he was not the shadow I saw.
L0VEPiNK07 (1 stories) (47 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-30)
may have been someone who lived there before that didn't have enough energy for all his features to form or like uda said, he might've been attached to something in your house. Did yall have any antique furniture or anything like that?

It could also have been an entity, but you said you were never scared of it, so it probably wasn't a demon.

Hope I helped a little, and maybe someone can clarify a little more for you.
uda16hoffbr (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-30)
that is so creepy but if I wrer you never go back to that house again because they haunt objects not people.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: