You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Doors and Windows Opening on their Own

Real Ghost Stories

Doors and Windows Opening on their Own

 

First off, I would like to say this really did happen it wasn't an illusion and I'm not making it up so for those of you that will comment to say it was a illusion or something, don't waste your time commenting my story. When I was around 7, my family lived in a big old farm house we called the kesler house (Kesler was the last name of the owner). I had a really big room with a door leading to a balcony. I remember the sound of someone laughing and it sounded like giants were running on the roof over my room. Whenever my parents and I left they would lock the balcony door (a dead bolt lock and a latch) but whenever we returned home the door would be wide open. My mom would sleep with me sometimes because I would tell her my room is too loud. She too would hear the same noises and had similar experiences with the house. Sometimes, all the windows would open while we were gone, or doors would be wide open when we had shut them.

We lived in that house for a year and then moved out to live closer to family.

Other hauntings by Darcie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Hi Darcie, I just wanted to let you know that I believed your story, and don't let what that one person said bother you. I believe you, cause stuff like that happened to me when me and my mom lived in an apartment, well there was two apartments which I'll try to post a story about them.

~Vicki 😊
Casper4 (3 stories) (11 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
OK that's wierd I have thank fully never had that happen to me it would just creep me out like crazy coming home and all the doors are open. Glad you got out of there... God Bless
mpgb216 (2 stories) (26 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-17)
I believed you Darcie. I had experienced something just like what you had... But mine was from a big leaf outside the house...

it's good thing those entities you had in that house were protective ones... They must have been the real owners of that property long time ago.

By the way, as far as I know, all houses/properties got entities... It doesn't matter whether the house is newly-built or passed down from generation to generations.

thanks for sharing your ghost experience...
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-23)
Darcie all I can say is, You go Girl! I am glad to see someone who believes in their story enough to stand up for it. So many post then we never hear from them again. It is refreshing to see that you actually take an interest in the comments your story receives. Glad to hear you moved out of there. Have you had any new experiences since moving? Let us know.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Darcie (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-20)
Okay first of all chicano457 I don't try to make people believe what I went through. People are going to believe what their going to believe, all I did was post my story. It's someones choice whether they believe it or not. If you believe this kind of thing is "hogwash" why come to this site? I mean its fine that you don't believe in this stuff but then why waste your time on it?
Darcie (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-20)
If you read the last sentence chicano457 you would see that I don't live in that house any more.
chicano457 (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-20)
i think that first of all never try have people believe you went through that and period. If I don`t believe you does it change it ...no. Now this way of thinking of how is the house ,,,who died in it ...who hanged there is just all hog wash. If that was the case then why is there new homes that have gosht huntings and if that was the case the whole planet earth would be a ghost soup. People talk and don`t know what they are really saying. In your case you have spirits there and if you want to get them out well just let me know then I ll tell you what to do...
QueenTas (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
Well it sounds to me like the house was probably pretty old, which could explain the sounds, maybe it was the house settling... But the fact that the house is probably really old does not really explain doors and windows opening... Well it could... Because the older a house is the more likley it is to be "haunted" so I have no logical explaination for any of it, all I can say is maybe the house was settling and that is where the sounds were coming from.

Tricia
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
The description of the events would leave me to the conclusion of poltergeist activity. Now as I am not there and I am not able to do a proper investigation I can not say this with any degree of certainty. I am just going off the description you gave in your story.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: