You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Door Bell

Real Ghost Stories

The Door Bell

 

I have three dogs. Skye, River, and Lavender. Skye went to heaven several years ago. So it is my daughter, River, Lavender and I in this house. At the end of 2018, my daughter and I moved to a small town. We live a couple blocks away from my middle sister. River is a Husky and has a deep bark. Lavender in the other hand is a long haired chihuahua and has a high pitch bark. They typically bark when there is a knock, doorbell ring, car door shuts, or when someone is running outside.

One day, I was laying in my bedroom. I heard the doorbell ring and River started barking. I walked to the front of the house and no one was there. I walked to the back of the house, and no one was there. I shrugged and thought nothing more of it. Another time, I was laying on the couch. I heard the doorbell ring and again River and Lavender started barking. I checked the front door and back door, but nothing. My daughter has also heard the doorbell ring and when she checks, we have the same out come. This door bell ringing has happened numerous times, and same outcome. All we hear is our dogs barking. This has happened for a year now.

My questions are:

How are we hearing a door bell? It's been out of service for sometime now. The back doorbell has been out of service since we moved in. The front doorbell has been out service for about a year now. The doorbell does not contain batteries. It's a wired doorbell.

Who could it be? Could it be the previous owners of this house? When I looked up the lady that previously owned this house, I was directed to an obituary that read, "... Passed away peacefully on Wednesday, July 13, 2016, at her home".

Other hauntings by BitterSweet78801

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BitterSweet78801, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pelatiah (4 stories) (74 posts)
+3
8 months ago (2023-08-30)
When I moved into my home, also previously owned by a woman who had died, I would get into bed after a long day and the refridgerator (which was hers/already here) would ding, you know that sound like when you leave the door open? But the door would be closed. I would get up to check it and nothing. It would ding also in the middle of the night a couple times. I even searched through the literature in the basement filing cabinet looking for some information about the dinging. (Could it be something else needing attention?)

At the time, I was happy it seemed to stop. But now I wonder if someone was trying to get me into the basement to look at the filing cabinet. Nothing else of significance stands out. Sometimes people just want to get your attention. I have huskies also, and they will bark when something paranormal happens, which has been more than once in this house.
BitterSweet78801 (4 stories) (20 posts)
+3
8 months ago (2023-08-26)
I completely agree with your comments. My apologies for the late reply.

I live in a small neighbor hood. I live in a dead end road. We only have two houses at the end of this road. It's very rare that people will walk by our house, since it is a dead end road. We have the typical garbage truck, and we also have an occasional neighbor across the road that walks there dog across the empty lot in front of my and my neighbors house. We don't have much kids in this neighborhood.

I don't sense a negative energy. My dogs and I heard the front door ring again today. I hear it and they bark. I never thought about the wiring to the door bell. I'll have to look into it.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+3
8 months ago (2023-08-25)
Hi Bittersweet78801

If it was a resident spirit or the previous owner that passed away peacefully at home, I don't think it would need to ring the bell because it would probably be in the house already.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+3
8 months ago (2023-08-25)
So many possibilities. My first thought would be to get someone to look at the wiring for both doorbells. They may actually be powered and you not know, in which case, this is likely a case of "ding dong ditch" or some other childish game.

There are other possibilities, of course.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
8 months ago (2023-08-25)
Hello BitterSweet.

I wonder what would it happen if both doorbells were permanently removed. Also, in my opinion, it's difficult to know what is going on without more information about the particulars of your house.

Is it a single family home? Attached? Detached? Is it on a busy street? Etc.
Would it be possible that the sound of the bell is coming from a neighboring house?
Perhaps your dogs are reacting to something more mundane. Do they do anything else other than barking? Do they growl or act afraid or aggressive?

From my perspective, the fact that the previous owner died at the premises doesn't necessarily mean that her spirit hasn't crossed over, though I don't discard the possibility of her visiting every now and then the place she used to call home. But then, why would she feel the need to ring the bell instead of just wander into her familiar surroundings?
Never mind... I guess seeing a spirit in the middle of your home would be more disturbing than hearing the doorbell ring!

Whatever or whoever is ringing the doorbell, doesn't seem to have bad intentions other than getting your attention.

Thanks for sharing.
KenS80 (1 stories) (41 posts)
+2
8 months ago (2023-08-24)
They say our pets sense ghosts before we do.

That is why they are able to warn us of negative energy before we sense it. I'm not too sure why that is, but it is a good thing.

Interesting topic BitterSweet and hopefully one that will sort itself out.

Cheers,
Ken

(⁠*⁠_⁠*⁠)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: