You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man in the Jail Kitchen

Real Ghost Stories

The Man in the Jail Kitchen

 

When I was 12, which was last year, I went to work with my mom. She worked at Boulder County Jail until I moved. Now my mom was a nurse at this Jail and worked nights. So I went to work with her. Being the adventurous type that I am, I went wondering off. I explored everywhere. I went through everything I could find. It was cool.

That night at exactly 12:00 midnight, I was looking through the little window on a door that leads to the kitchen in the jail. So as I was looking in there the big metal spoon to one of the pots starting turning. Now with that being creepy enough, the figure of a man started to appear. Or at least the outline of him did. From what I could see, he looked like he was maybe in his late 30's or early 40's and was a little bit plump. As I watched this figure turn the spoon to the pot, he looked at me straight in the eye and then he kind of faded away. I stood peering through that window for a second or two to see if he was going to come back. He never did.

A few hours later at about 2:00 AM I went back to the kitchen to see if he was there again, and he was. But this time, there was another figure in the kitchen with him. This one looked like he was about my age. I stood there amazed for a few minutes. Then both of the figures looked at me, smiled, did what looked like a wave good-bye and faded. I never saw them again.

A few nights after going to work with my mom, I asked her if any of the cooks that worked at the jail had died, and she told me this really long story about how he brought his son to work one day and they both mysteriously died at the Jail. She told me the night that I went to the jail with her was the 5 year anniversary for the death of the cook and his son.

I never forgot that night and I don't think I ever will.

Other hauntings by surf4life

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

surf4life (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-19)
if my mum rmembers there names then I'm sure you wil be able to find therm,,,
eddie (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-19)
hey nice story. Where can I go to find the record of these mysterious man and son deaths?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: